2011/2012 Bruins Prospect Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Shaun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
He reminds me of Danny Gare of the old French Connection-led Buffalo team. Although Gare was probably 5'8" tops.

Knight measureables last Thursday I think were
5' 10.5"
202 lbs
6 percent body fat
21 chinups
9 benches at 225

I think think that is correct. Not sure if that is good or bad based on the others in camp but I'd take it He scored a goal in the scimmage that had such a fast release barely any of the 5 or so folks I was sitting with saw it. I took a quick peak up at the Bruins brass and they looked like they enjoyed it.

I thought Spooner looked outstanding and has another level/gear just when an opponent gets close- and that is even at what appears a high speed. He has great hands, lot to like here.

Khokhlachev for an 18 year old is amazing- his one draw back skating no longer looks like a problem. I'll be very interested in how he does back in the OHL. I think Boston may have homered with this pick.
I agree with you. He looked great in the 3 days of camp that I watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsox View Post

Old
09-12-2011, 09:44 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Hey B's fans

What ECHL team is affiliated with the Bruins?

I'd like to follow what Zach McKelvie is doing this year if for some reason he doesn't make Providence right away.

Thanks.

Old
09-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Ratty

Reading Royals.

Old
09-12-2011, 12:58 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Thank You.

Old
09-13-2011, 07:27 AM
SegzKnightlySpoons

http://www.nesn.com/2011/09/ryan-spo...ng-island.html

Spooner with 2 goals and 2 assists and Knight had 2 goals as well.

Old
09-18-2011, 05:02 AM
Teus

If anyone is wondering what Carl Söderberg is up to in his first SEL season since 2006-07, I heard he was the player of the game in the season opener (but no points). In the second game he had 1 goal and 2 assists, which included the game winning goal.

Highlights from the second game: http://elitserienplay.se/#/video.1165603576001

He's #17 in white.

Old
09-19-2011, 11:22 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Carl Who?

Old
09-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Alan Ryan

Calle Ridderwall

Another Swedish prospect for the Bruins, Calle Ridderwall, is clear about playing this season in the AHL.

While some speculation has been made as to why Ridderwall chose the AHL over returning to play in the SEL, Ridderwall, who grew up supporting Hammarby IF of the Allsvenskan league, and whose cousin still plays in the SEL, was very adamant about the reason for his decision.

"Being in the AHL, you're closer to the NHL, the best league in the world. I've been dreaming of playing in the NHL since I was a little kid, and I feel like being in the AHL you're a little bit closer, where going back [to Sweden] I'd probably play in the Elite league and then come to the AHL after anyway. I felt like this was the best route...it's a good league to play in to accomplish my main goal, which is getting to the NHL."

It all comes down to personal choice.

Thanks to Sarah Connors at Somethings Bruin for the Ridderwall article. It's worth reading. He seems like an intelligent guy who can play the game and should help Providence this season.

http://somethingsbruin.net/providenc...tember-15.html

Old
09-23-2011, 05:25 PM
lfchockey*

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if you would be willing to help me out. I've just recently launched a new website www.1stopfantasyhockey.com and a small section of the site is devoted to constantly updated depth charts.
I've done my best trying to comb through hfboards and other sites to rank all of the players for the Bruins, but there is no better community on the Internet that would know more about where these players should 'land'. And I know you'd do a far better job than I will ever be able to.

Here is the page:
http://www.1stopfantasyhockey.com/te...id=Bos&type=dc

I've made it interactive (yet random) where a simple click on a button will gradually start to move players up and down the depth chart. The more people that rank the players, hopefully the more accurate the depth chart.

I apologize if you see this as flaming, and I wasn't sure the best place to post for help.

Thanks to all of you that drop by.
If you like the other features on the site, feel free to register.

Last edited by lfchockey*: 09-23-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old
09-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Lars Volden playing his first SM-Liiga game as i post.

No goals allowed through the first 2 periods he has made 18 saves so far.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
Lars Volden playing his first SM-Liiga game as i post.

No goals allowed through the first 2 periods he has made 18 saves so far.
Good stuff...thanks for the report...How does he look?

Old
09-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
Good stuff...thanks for the report...How does he look?
Not watching the game, but will probably find someone who is from Jatkoaika.com (like HF, but finnish) after the game.

Old
09-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Espoo Blues won 1-0 so shutout for Volden. Made 34 saves.

Old
09-24-2011, 03:08 PM
bruinsfan46

Camara looked pretty good in the season opener here in London last night. He was skating well and effective on the PK. Got a couple of chincy penalties (the one for a head check was ridiculous, it was a shoulder to shoulder hit). No points and was a -3 in the 8-0 loss, Saginaw's defensemen and goalie look very weak. Camara also got in a decent fight with Rupert:

Old
09-25-2011, 03:53 AM
thomast

Volden looked very calm and technically very sound goalie and good size. Was clearly best player in the ice and the biggest reason that Blues won the game. I assume that he gets the next start. He might be best goalie prospect in FEL right now. Let's see after few games. We all know how good is goalie production in finland. Volden could be another gem. Because he is 19 year old and stealing the starter role in FEL. Last starter for that age in FEL was Tuukka Rask if i remember correctly and before that Kari Lehtonen. So far so good.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Shaun

Does anyone know where I can watch OHL streams? I want to keep tabs on our prospects and Koko has 2 goals for Windsor today.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:57 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Does anyone know where I can watch OHL streams? I want to keep tabs on our prospects and Koko has 2 goals for Windsor today.
If you're willing to pay then you can go here: http://ohl.neulion.com/ohl/ The games are on TV here in Ontario but I don't know of anybody that streams them for free online.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:42 PM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Question, is Craig Cunningham still on the pre-season roster or has he been cut already? Also, how did he look during training camp? I know he isn't one of your top prospects, but any information would be appreciated.

Old
09-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Saxon Eric

Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstriker045 View Post
Question, is Craig Cunningham still on the pre-season roster or has he been cut already? Also, how did he look during training camp? I know he isn't one of your top prospects, but any information would be appreciated.
Cut, I'm not so high on him but that means nothing, he's scored a ton in Juniors so we'll see, I think he lacks on ice vision and is not the biggest dude out there

Old
09-26-2011, 11:49 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
Cut, I'm not so high on him but that means nothing, he's scored a ton in Juniors so we'll see, I think he lacks on ice vision and is not the biggest dude out there
Ya, I was just interested because he's from my hometown and my friends bro. He was a bit of a late bloomer in the Juniors, but he seems to be working hard from what I can tell. I'm really rooting for him, but I don't know if he has what it takes to fit in the NHL, especially with his style of play. I don't think he'll ever become top 6 material and most teams are looking for PKers or larger bodies in the bottom 6.

Funny you say you lack vision, cause that has always been one of his bigger assets. It could've just been he was nervous/not use to playing with higher skilled players yet. Definitely agree with you on the size thing though, I mean you can't really debate about how big someone is.

Old
09-26-2011, 12:28 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Ya, I was just interested because he's from my hometown and my friends bro. He was a bit of a late bloomer in the Juniors, but he seems to be working hard from what I can tell. I'm really rooting for him, but I don't know if he has what it takes to fit in the NHL, especially with his style of play. I don't think he'll ever become top 6 material and most teams are looking for PKers or larger bodies in the bottom 6.

Funny you say you lack vision, cause that has always been one of his bigger assets. It could've just been he was nervous/not use to playing with higher skilled players yet. Definitely agree with you on the size thing though, I mean you can't really debate about how big someone is.
He's got a couple of years in the AHL ahead of him but if he works hard and continues to improve he's got the speed and skill to make the NHL in some capacity.

Old
09-26-2011, 05:56 PM
NinthSpoke06
HFBoards Sponsor

How can we get Spooner out of Kingston without destroying his reputation again? Kingston is a hot mess, no way do I want to see him playing on that them again this year.

Trade him to London!

Old
09-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Saxon Eric

Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:

Your probably right on the vision thing as I've only seen him live 3 or 4 times , I might be going to their game Friday night in Marlboro I'll let you know how he looks

Old
09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
PAZ

That sounds awesome, if you do go enjoy the game!

Old
09-26-2011, 09:35 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
How can we get Spooner out of Kingston without destroying his reputation again? Kingston is a hot mess, no way do I want to see him playing on that them again this year.

Trade him to London!
Getting out of from a bad team in his final season will hardly hurt his reputation. The Fronts will definitely trade him, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Closed Thread