Notices

2011/2012 Bruins Prospect Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2011, 03:06 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

vCash: 500
Jared Knight is in the process of having his best season in the OHL. Not just statistically either.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:18 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Jared Knight is in the process of having his best season in the OHL. Not just statistically either.
agreed- Knight goes from one Hunter to another and goes from 14 minutes to 21....goes to second (if that) power play to first- although I am not surprised since my inside access has apparently been confirmed that Mark Hunter and Rob Ramage love this kid.

enough about Jared though- we need to move on to Ryan Spooner, Knight's second round draft mate and good friend. This kid is a threat every time he steps on the ice.

Chiarelli has to find a spot for this kid even if its on the wing. I'll be beyond irked if he is a chip in any trade dealine deal.

I still can't get over Kingston losing 5-3 to Windsor and Khokhlachev (2 goals himself) and all three goals by Kingston were short-handed and involved Spooner (2 goals and an assist). Has to be a record- just amazing.

I know his best spot is center but whatever it takes- get him on left wing if need be. Hopefully he makes Team Canada so we can see how he does on a nonscoring line (I'd guess) and penalty killer.

Old
12-05-2011, 04:06 PM
DKH

WJC invite show is today on NHL Network and my guess is they screw Knight.

I know the Bruins think he easily belongs and will make it, but there are still a few holdovers who are pissed he walked out on his contract with the US program after committing- didn't go over well.

Bill, you know this stuff better than me- and of course OOG (Dom) and Kirk are pretty plugged into this selection crap....but working where I work I know all about politics and I'm thinking the grudge continues and Knight probably doesn't get picked....but we'll find out later tonight.

If he makes it I hope Spooner does, it will be cool watching these two go at each other- but I'm not holding out these folks selecting will pick him which would be a joke.

Old
12-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

The bromance of Knight and Spooner over Twitter is getting a little out of hand

Knight (out of nowhere)
Quote:
@RSpooner2376 your perfect the way you are!
Spooner
Quote:
@Jknight97 jared your amazing just the way you are
Interesting to see where the rest of this convo goes

Old
12-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

No Jared Knight for USA, but Brian Ferlin moves to next phase of the process, I hear.

Old
12-05-2011, 04:40 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
No Jared Knight for USA, but Brian Ferlin moves to next phase of the process, I hear.
Politics wins out.

Congrats to Ferlin, but there is no way Agostino, Gaudreau, or Brickley have a better resume than Knight. I guess I understand, but you would like to think that icing the best team would take precedent over sending messages??

I'm just not wired that way. You show up, you try out, the best guys get taken...simple.

Old
12-05-2011, 04:52 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

That sucks. I really, really wanted Knight to make this team.

Happy for Ferlin though. His stock just keeps rising.

12-05-2011, 05:28 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

screw USA hockey, buncha sour patch ******

He'll be tearing it up for the black and gold soon enough

Old
12-05-2011, 05:36 PM
ed bruin

yeah dudes im gonna stop arguing for Knight on the USA WJC thread, I've caught a couple of London games on stream and this kid has bruin written all over him. He plays hard, he goes into dirt areas, he plays on the PK and PP and he has a shot to boot. He isn't gonna dangle people out of their pants and he isnt the most creative player out their but with a passing centerman Knight can be a consistent 20 goal man who plays a solid two way game (mad hustle). But watever he didnt make the USA squad... They do know better.

hey cheer up we still got Hamilton, Koko and maybe Spooner!!!

big props to Ferlin I've never seen him play but way to go!

Old
12-05-2011, 05:43 PM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
yeah dudes im gonna stop arguing for Knight on the USA WJC thread, I've caught a couple of London games on stream and this kid has bruin written all over him. He plays hard, he goes into dirt areas, he plays on the PK and PP and he has a shot to boot. He isn't gonna dangle people out of their pants and he isnt the most creative player out their but with a passing centerman Knight can be a consistent 20 goal man who plays a solid two way game (mad hustle). But watever he didnt make the USA squad... They do know better.

big props to Ferlin I've never seen him play but way to go!
Ed, don't worry about it.

Invalidusername, the guy who is bashing Knight, has some sort of axe to grind.

I feel bad for the player. If he was good enough to make the team, he should have, regardless of where he decided to play 3 years ago when he was 16.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:03 PM
DKH

Congrats to Ferlin outstanding

Old
12-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Beesfan

Leaving Knight off of that team makes no sense. He has so much experience and maturity compared to most of the players who made the cut. He's also one of the more talented players Team USA had to pick from.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:25 PM
DKH

HF Hat Trick for me- thought Knight would get passed over; Blais would take one of his kids on Omaha (he took a guy drafted in the 6th or 7th round); and Invalidusername upon hearing the news would run to the WJC site and say 'nah, nah, nah, nah....Jared Knight sucks.'

Old
12-05-2011, 08:04 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
HF Hat Trick for me- thought Knight would get passed over; Blais would take one of his kids on Omaha (he took a guy drafted in the 6th or 7th round); and Invalidusername upon hearing the news would run to the WJC site and say 'nah, nah, nah, nah....Jared Knight sucks.':)
one trick pony. probably a kessel fan.

Old
12-05-2011, 08:18 PM
DaveFromNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
Don't believe Koko is going to be on the team...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=603689

Old
12-05-2011, 08:51 PM
rocketdan9

no player playing overseas will play for team russia

KOKO is having an amazing year in the ohl. On his way to score 100 points or close to it

Imo it won't be too much longer before he plays in the nhl

Old
12-05-2011, 09:06 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
no player playing overseas will play for team russia

KOKO is having an amazing year in the ohl. On his way to score 100 points or close to it

Imo it won't be too much longer before he plays in the nhl
Nothing against Koko, but as long as he stays in the Bruins Organization, it will be a while. The organization is so deep that there is no reason to rush things. Koko will almost certainly spend next year in the OHL as well before likely spending a year or two in the AHL.

And that is a good thing. Koko has talent but will need time to grow into the body he will need to have to compete at the NHL level

Old
12-05-2011, 09:15 PM
bruinsfan46

Knight should be on the team, period. He can play and excel in any role.

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 12-05-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old
12-05-2011, 09:31 PM
ed bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFromNB View Post
Don't believe Koko is going to be on the team...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=603689
lets not jump to conclusions but it said when team Russia arrives at Canada,

Code:
when the team travels to Canada. At that time, the club will be joined by players yet to be named from the Canadian Hockey League -- a list that could include forwards Nail Yakupov of the Sarnia Sting in the Ontario Hockey League and Mikhail Grigorenko of the Quebec Remparts in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
so hopefully Koko gets a spot which he deserves

Old
12-05-2011, 09:35 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
one trick pony. probably a kessel fan.
not surprisingly the panty-less one is over on the WJC Board looking for acceptance. I am waiting for her or he to tell us the virtues of Josh Archibauld the RW who was invited over Knight. Said prospect isn't in the top 20 on the Penguins prospect board but no politics there- his coach at Omaha is Dean Blais.

He is just one of a handful that are head scratches but altleast they got a few Hockey East kids on.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:41 PM
rocketdan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
Nothing against Koko, but as long as he stays in the Bruins Organization, it will be a while. The organization is so deep that there is no reason to rush things. Koko will almost certainly spend next year in the OHL as well before likely spending a year or two in the AHL.

And that is a good thing. Koko has talent but will need time to grow into the body he will need to have to compete at the NHL level
Can't agree with you. Koko is a tremendous talent. Next year there will probably be a spot or two open. Koko has as good as chance as any prospect in the ahl or non ahl to make the team.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:18 PM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
not surprisingly the panty-less one is over on the WJC Board looking for acceptance. I am waiting for her or he to tell us the virtues of Josh Archibauld the RW who was invited over Knight. Said prospect isn't in the top 20 on the Penguins prospect board but no politics there- his coach at Omaha is Dean Blais.

He is just one of a handful that are head scratches but altleast they got a few Hockey East kids on.
It's not just Knight. Trocheck (drafted for my SIM team on the advice of my scouting dir OOG, lol) is having a helluva year for Saginaw, and from all accounts had a very impressive WJC summer camp, and he was also left off.

I did a little research on some of the playing backrounds of the CHL guys that made the first cuts. All but two (Prince and Levi) have played for US National teams, while three of the more surprising cuts (Noesen, Trocehck, Knight) had no prior history with USA Hockey.

As I said in the WJC thread, it's natural for the US program to want to take care of their own, but if that's going to be an overriding factor in team selection, why bother wasting the time of certain guys and even invite them?

Given a couple of the names called, I don't think that Blais, Johannson, and Co ever had any intention of choosing Knight, so why get his hopes up. The only positive I see coming out of this is for the B's and London...as Knight will likely have a huge chip on his shoulder and something to prove after this.

Old
12-06-2011, 07:16 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
It's not just Knight. Trocheck (drafted for my SIM team on the advice of my scouting dir OOG, lol) is having a helluva year for Saginaw, and from all accounts had a very impressive WJC summer camp, and he was also left off.

I did a little research on some of the playing backrounds of the CHL guys that made the first cuts. All but two (Prince and Levi) have played for US National teams, while three of the more surprising cuts (Noesen, Trocehck, Knight) had no prior history with USA Hockey.

As I said in the WJC thread, it's natural for the US program to want to take care of their own, but if that's going to be an overriding factor in team selection, why bother wasting the time of certain guys and even invite them?

Given a couple of the names called, I don't think that Blais, Johannson, and Co ever had any intention of choosing Knight, so why get his hopes up. The only positive I see coming out of this is for the B's and London...as Knight will likely have a huge chip on his shoulder and something to prove after this.
Thanks for the plug Joe ( I think )

As for politics in choosing Team USA for the WJC : I try to avoid the topic but have made it clear once or twice that I think it exists.

Forget Jared Knight that's not the proof in the pudding. The proof is simple : How Michael Houser can be left off that squad IMO is beyond comprehension. Has played all but 1 game for the Knights and is near the top of all statistical leaders among goaltenders. And he has single handedly won them games.

After what he did in the playoffs last season and what he has done this season, it boggles my mind. This season he has outplayed both Campbell and Gibson.

The Canucks or Lightning could have had this kid for nothing after he wasn't drafted and they invited him to their camps. This year, it will take a draft pick to get him.

No. There's no politics involved in selecting Team USA.

Spooner, Hamilton and Koko should all make their respective teams.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

Didn't Team USA leave Bobby Ryan off the roster? No I don't think Knight is the next Bobby Ryan but their bias against CHL players is ridiculous.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Based on the way he was utilized in Lake Placid, Knight saw this one coming.

Disappointed, but taking it in stride. Not shocked or surprised at the decision.

Closed Thread