HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miikka Salomaki, LW, 52nd Overall

Old
09-17-2011, 11:37 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
he just scored his first goal and point of the season against JYP, match is in the 2nd period right now
Awesome!! Thanks for the updates

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:08 PM
urho

vCash: 695
He was very good today. I love watching him play!

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:48 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Thx for the update on him VSK! Im really liking him more n more everyday. Its already making me wonder how we got him so late in the 2nd.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 03:05 PM
urho

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Thx for the update on him VSK! Im really liking him more n more everyday. Its already making me wonder how we got him so late in the 2nd.
He has taken huuuge steps lately. Everyone is waiting him to really break through this year.

Old
09-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by urho View Post
He has taken huuuge steps lately. Everyone is waiting him to really break through this year.
Awesome to hear. Thanks for the updates!

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 03:51 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by urho View Post
Awesome awesome news. Thanks to you to. I wish I could see him play

Old
09-18-2011, 04:23 AM
Doxxistor

Few words about this kid. He has developed with huge steps, and is really turning into a great player. I really like his style of play and especially his attitude. In the first period he rushed into the net through 4 guys and managed to make a shot. We saw few good hits and couple of great rushes in to the net and he also pulled one penalty with his speed. It´s awesome how guy this young can have that kind of body mass and can carry and use it so well.

Miikka played 16:45 and took 6 shots. He scored 1 goal close to the net, which you can see here (first goal to Kärpät - playing in black).

He has absolutely no fear when rushing into the net. After the whistle he often looks at his enemies with defiant look, and he never takes a step back. You just got to love this young guy.

Doxxistor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:05 AM
TK 421
Donut Squad

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I know, right?

I was always under the impression that a teams scouts were there to make sure guys like Salomaki didn't slip through their fingers. As it turns out, SOME teams(mine included) employ idiots who will take a long shot with "upside" instead of a guy like Miikka who will never leave you dissapointed regardless of how much offense he ends up bringing. Huge mistake by other teams passing him up, he was one of the only sure NHLers in the 2011 draft imo.

Is he playing center?

TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:38 AM
urho

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
Is he playing center?
He can play both center and wing. Currently he's 1st line winger - not bad for 18 years old.

And for those who're asking how he was taken so low, I myself foresaw him getting drafted in the 1st round I was wrong, however. Propably because he came almost out of nowhere, I don't remember seeing him on most of the rankinglists last year... He's been developing behind the likes of Donskoi, Junttila (undrafted but very gifted Kärpät-forward), Granlund-brothers etc. which propably made him invisible to some scout eyes. Everyone who follows Kärpät closely has been expecting great things from him for a long time.

Old
09-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Just scored a goal against Lukko.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 01:17 PM
thomast

I love his game. Typical goal from him. Rushing into goal like mad for rebound. It seems like its hell to play against him. Updated measurements 5'11 205 lbs. damn hes stocky. Barry Trotz is getting his new pet. This pet is mean, angry, strong and................ ****ING CRAZY. Can't believe that he got too late in 2nd round. But he's perfect player for Preds.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 01:34 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Awesome news. Keep it up MIIKKA!

Old
09-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
After his goal today, Salomaki has scored 7 goals in 9 games between the European Trophy exhibition tournament and the SM-liiga regular season. Karpat is now 3-0 on the year after beating Lukko by a 4-1 final...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 03:18 PM
urho

Both of his goals have been results of hard ****ing word. He has absolutely no fear rushing the net... He's got an attitude from hell, is built like a tank and has nice goalscoring touch. So glad he's on "my team".

BTW, he's a bit of a pest too. It seems like he's already the most hated guy of Kärpät lineup (by opponents, I mean).

Old
09-20-2011, 03:45 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
After his goal today, Salomaki has scored 7 goals in 9 games between the European Trophy exhibition tournament and the SM-liiga regular season. Karpat is now 3-0 on the year after beating Lukko by a 4-1 final...
was he 18 at the draft? or an overager?

just wondering how long he is likely to stay in Europe before coming over

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 03:54 PM
urho

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
was he 18 at the draft? or an overager?
He was 18. If this year goes as good as it's been thus far, you'll see him maybe even as quickly as next year. Stylewise he looks like NHLer already but I don't think he'll be able to handle its pace just yet... 2013-2014 he could be your 3rd-liner.

Old
09-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Doxxistor

Miikka scored a goal today against Kalpa today. He got injured because of a hit to the hip, according to the coach of Kärpät (propably nothing serious, just a precaution). (edit: ) Miikka got the puck going in front of the goalie and scored after spin-o-rama type of move. I didn´t see where the injury came from, all I know that he didn´t come to third perioid. I´ll keep you posted when we have more info.

edit2: Here you can see the goal in about 0:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dl-mQ6Pgng (sorry, didn´t get the [YT] to work)

Last edited by Doxxistor: 10-01-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old
10-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Doxxistor

Salomäki returned to the rink after his injury and has scored 2 goals so far against TPS, when first half has been played.

edit: http://www.nelonenpro.fi/jääkiekko/s...a/media/345062 Here you can see the goals. 2nd and 4th goal. (5th Kärpät goal is made by Panthers prospect Joonas Donskoi)

Last edited by Doxxistor: 10-12-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old
10-11-2011, 12:27 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxxistor View Post
Salomäki returned to the rink after his injury and has scored 2 goals so far against TPS, when first half has been played.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 12:59 PM
thomast

Salomäki 5+1 in 8 games
Armia 1+4 in 10 games

I have always liked more Salomäki more than armia. He has that top 6 power foward potential.

Old
10-11-2011, 01:07 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Salomäki 5+1 in 8 games
Armia 1+4 in 10 games

I have always liked more Salomäki more than armia. He has that top 6 power foward potential.
Awesome news. Can't wait to see this kid travel up the system. We may have gotten the steal of the draft (based on reports from posters and writers).

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Salomäki 5+1 in 8 games
Armia 1+4 in 10 games

No, he really doesn't have.

He lacks hockey IQ, footspeed, shot and hands to ever become more than a 3rd liner. He's average at everything and not that good in anything.

I believe in him having a short NHL career though.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 02:49 PM
urho

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
He lacks hockey IQ, footspeed, shot and hands to ever become more than a 3rd liner. He's average at everything and not that good in anything.
I agree that he's ideally a third liner but with a team that's not stacked offensively, I could easily see him playing "Ruutu-minutes". His hands are above average and his physical play is quite a lot above average. He has this goalscoring touch that very few Finnish prospects have. He's never going to be elite playmaker but who's waiting for that to happen?

Old
10-11-2011, 03:22 PM
YARR123

Quote:

His heart, determination, drive, whatever you want to call it is excellent, and that coupled with the strength of a bull is something that I believe will one day make him a very special player. And I don't buy your "lacking hockey IQ" either, he's in the right place at the right time, makes good decisions with the puck, and seems to be pretty quick with his head. All hint towards him having pretty good hockey IQ. I'm not sure where you got that idea. Footspeed isn't that great but it's not bad either and he has excellent balance.

I don't know wether he will have what it takes to be more than a 3rd liner but I do believe he can be a heck of a 3rd liner if the top lines aren't for him

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 10:21 PM
thomast

Quote:

He lacks hockey iq? He has more hockey iq than armia. Hockey iq isn't just passing. Armia makes alot more stupid decisions with the puck and takes stupid penalties. Armia holds the puck for too long, salomäki knows when to pass the puck. Armia is definetly more skilled but salomäki has better hockey iq, defensive game, and his offensive instincts are great + of course heart. Salomäki seems to be mentally strong aswell.