HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filatov to OTT for 66

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 500
Such a steal. Little downside, huge upside.

Put the guy on Spezza's wing and he'll be forced to produce. Spezza managed to make Greening (1G in 23GP in AHL playoffs) look like a 20G NHL scorer. Filatov's confidence is at it's lowest but hopefully this trade is what he needed. All the talent in the world but he just can't seem to put it together.

Spezza is smiling somewhere.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PAC View Post
Attitudes asside, who has more pure skill or potential. Filatov or Kabanov?
Filatov went 6th, Kabanov went in the 3rd (?)

I have a guess.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:01 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

I ****ing love Filatov, I ****ing love this trade, I ****ing love Murray.

Filatov is a REALLLLLLLL nice guy and an excellent player. He WILL report and will be unbelievable along side Spezza.

Fuhr can't complain anymore about Murray not making simple huge gain trades.

I've personally met and talked to Filatov, I am so ****ing pumped...oops, puemped.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Imo, I think Maclean had a lot to do with this trade, I'm sure he saw plenty of Nikita while coaching in the same division.

Let's hope he can break this wild stallion.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:02 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PAC View Post
Attitudes asside, who has more pure skill or potential. Filatov or Kabanov?
Filatov. He is a threat to score..ever..single..shift and if he doesn't, he'll set someone up. Even plays with grit and what not.

P.S. Filatov has no attitude problems.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Mercurial
#lalala

3rd round pick is a fairly long shot to make the NHL anyway, if it doesn't pan out we've lost next to nothing with all the picks we had in the draft anyway, if it does all gravy.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:04 PM
ViD

Columbus is a wasteland for young talent. They have no business developing any talent there. Just look at their first/second round selections. Pretty much nobody has developed.

And you can't say Filatov is a bad prospect because he dominated every level he has played at except NHL so far. Juniors, AHL, even KHL. He has tremendous talent and I kid you not, given top6 time, he will be your top goalscorer.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

He didn't dominate the AHL in his brief time there, but he probably wasn't too happy. Not that it makes it okay.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:06 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Imo, I think Maclean had a lot to do with this trade, I'm sure he saw plenty of Nikita while coaching in the same division.

Let's hope he can break this wild stallion.
Filatov has played 2 regular season games, or 24 minutes of icetime, against Detroit in his career thus far. I think it's safe to say this isn't Maclean's guy.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/play...1&view=gamelog

Old
06-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Haha, a mad Leafs fan. A little bitter we traded up and stole Puempel before the Leafs could? A third round pick, which we used to get Filatov, has around the same percent chance of making the NHL as a fifth round pick. And didn't the Leafs lose their fifth round pick a couple years back for Jonas freakin' Frogren?
Your mixing up what Leaf fans want, and what the Leafs want. Leafs wanted Biggs and chose him over Puempel, and Burke took drastic interest in Percy with sources noted before, so they didn't steal anyone. What does it tell you if Puempel was so awesome if other GMs skipped him over. I love how sen players have excuses where every leaf player are losers. Filatov drafted in 2008, still hasn't made an impact yet for all his talent, and has struggled in the AHL league as well. That's a postive sign, right champ.
It wasn't a long time ago when it looked like the Leafs had an awesome 2008 draft according to HF smart*** on this board, and we only have probably two guys left from that draft, McWilliam and Schenn. We're see how this draft goes for the Sens and Leafs. Not surprising this poster has been labelled a loser from everyone.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Northern Neighbour

This is a great deal. There's not much for the Sens to lose in this transaction and a lot to gain. I'm looking forward to seeing how Filatov does with Spezza, assuming he plays on the top line.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:08 PM
ViD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
Filatov went 6th, Kabanov went in the 3rd (?)

I have a guess.
Kabanov went in the 3rd round only because of his bad reputation and scandals surrounding him. He's a top level prospect based on pure talent.

I would put Filatov above him though.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:08 PM
senswon

not sure how to post videos correctly on this board but here's some highlights for NF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W9KqlDONLw

Old
06-25-2011, 02:09 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
Your mixing up what Leaf fans want, and what the Leafs want. Leafs wanted Biggs and chose him over Puempel, and Burke took drastic interest in Percy with sources noted before, so they didn't steal anyone. What does it tell you if Puempel was so awesome if other GMs skipped him over. I love how sen players have excuses where every leaf player are losers. Filatov drafted in 2008, still hasn't made an impact yet for all his talent, and has struggled in the AHL league as well. That's a postive sign, right champ.
It wasn't a long time ago when it looked like the Leafs had an awesome 2008 draft according to HF smart*** on this board, and we only have probably two guys left from that draft, McWilliam and Schenn. We're see how this draft goes for the Sens and Leafs.
Gms have skipped over players before and and in some cases those players turned out to be very good take alfredson for exzample was drafted 120.As for the leafs 2008 draft it was solid i would not go as far as saying it was awesome not even close by the way why do the leafs have only 2 players left thats right a good number were traded for quick fixes.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:10 PM
ViD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
He didn't dominate the AHL in his brief time there, but he probably wasn't too happy. Not that it makes it okay.
52 points (25+27) in 75 games considering he was playing with an injury for the most part of the last season. I think that's great stats for 21 year old. (32 points in 39 games as 18 year old)

Old
06-25-2011, 02:13 PM
ViD

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
Filatov has played 2 regular season games, or 24 minutes of icetime, against Detroit in his career thus far. I think it's safe to say this isn't Maclean's guy.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/play...1&view=gamelog
Just noticed that he only had 1 game with a negative +/- in the entire season.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Gms have skipped over players before and and in some cases those players turned out to be very good take alfredson for exzample was drafted 120.As for the leafs 2008 draft it was solid i would not go as far as saying it was awesome not even close by the way why do the leafs have only 2 players left thats right a good number were traded for quick fixes.
what quick fixes? Hayes was traded for Ross which I would do. The board said that Stefonavich, hayes etc were excellent picks but none of them have projected well. Hayes for a big kid plays like he's 5'10. Just don't expect all these kids to pan out is what I"m saying even if you guys consider it a good draft. Puempel is not a good skater which is why the Leafs didn't draft him. We're see in a few years how this turns out before we classify loser's and winners.

oh by the way.

Quote:
Nikita Filatov had requested a trade from #CBJ or he planned to play in #KHL next season
awesome character.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

From twitter:

@TReedDispatch: Nikita Filatov had requested a trade from #CBJ or he planned to play in #KHL next season

Old
06-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Lexicon Devil

Murray interview up on http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console

McLean wanted him, and Filatov is excited for a fresh start. "There's no risk in this at all" ... trying to bring Filatov to development camp. Didn't agree he had work ethic issues... "he's a great kid"

Old
06-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

"Trade me or I'm leaving" is much better then "Bye"

I don't care if he didn't want to play in Columbus, I care that he wants to play in the NHL.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

I can't blame Nicky for requesting a trade given his situation there......it's best for everyone involved, now he has a fresh start to try and establish himself as a premier player in this league.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:32 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 19000
If there are any Ottawa fans interested in a Filatov sweater: I have a 2007-08 game issued from the Springfield Crunch. It is a reebok size 54. I purchased form the team and will provide letter of authenticity. I've never worn jersey and it still has tags on it. Send me an offer if anyone is interested.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:35 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
what quick fixes? Hayes was traded for Ross which I would do. The board said that Stefonavich, hayes etc were excellent picks but none of them have projected well. Hayes for a big kid plays like he's 5'10. Just don't expect all these kids to pan out is what I"m saying even if you guys consider it a good draft. Puempel is not a good skater which is why the Leafs didn't draft him. We're see in a few years how this turns out before we classify loser's and winners.

oh by the way.

awesome character.
While there young the pehnouf and kessel deals were more of a quick fix sure there playing well and are good but my point is they fall more under now vs the future.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Wham City

Wowza. Well done Murray. I'm impressed.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:38 PM
huche

Filatov Mic'd up. Seems receptive to advice etc.

I sure hope he: stay stay stays in Ottawa.

Closed Thread