HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nikita Filatov to Ottawa for a 3rd Round Pick

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Monk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
I don't mean to cast judgment here, I did just say our approaches were different. Sorry if it's inappropriate to bring up something like that.
And we're saying the approach, in this case, would have made little to no difference. It still might not. Best of luck to the Sens, but Filatov can flame out in Russia for all I care.

Old
06-27-2011, 04:13 PM
blahblah

Quote:
I don't mean to cast judgment here, I did just say our approaches were different. Sorry if it's inappropriate to bring up something like that.
Oh sure, pretend "differences" when you directly criticize the methods. Thus casting judgement. With 20/20 no less. It translated to a bit of a lecture from a professor. That won't sit well with me.

If you weren't here for the three years, it's probably best not to stir things up.

I've had plenty of experience with posters trying to take the high road and claiming innocence. Don't try and play the martyr, there are better in the CBJ fan base that post here than you are. You were quite aware you were stirring the pot and criticizing our franchise and pimping your own. That attempt of yours will roll right off me.

Our development staff isn't going to make a difference with Filatov. What will is Filatov. The answer is inside him. If he figures it out you have a good player on your hands. If not you have a future KHL'er on your hand that will force his way out of town. He's immature and has a sense of entitlement a mile long. I could care less if he fixes it and becomes a good player. He will forever be on my despised list.

Old
06-27-2011, 04:13 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
You are welcome. Thanks for Robin Lehner (selected with your team second round pick), but no so much about Leclaire
LOL Oh now, don't pick on Paz. I loved him. When he was healthy....*sighs* He just plays too hard, clumsy, I dunno. Are you cutting him loose?

Old
06-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
LOL Oh now, don't pick on Paz. I loved him. When he was healthy....*sighs* He just plays too hard, clumsy, I dunno. Are you cutting him loose?
Yep, Murray said he won't be offered a contract.

Old
06-27-2011, 04:17 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
This isn't true though. Looking at his icetime across the three seasons he played for you, he never had more than third line minutes for an extended amount of time (read two games in a row).

Karlsson was playing over twenty minutes a night by December even then only started scoring in late march.

It's probably not controversial to say that Filatov is a lot stronger and bigger than Karlsson. It's probably not a reach to say that Filatov is better in his own zone than Karlsson. Yet Karlsson was allowed to play and he has an all-star team selection under his belt.

There is a difference in how we develop players. Columbus did bury Filatov instead of letting play and this is a decision that Columbus needs to reflect on IMO.
Well there is more than one way to develop players. Personally, I think Detroit does it best, followed by Philadelphia. Both teams keep their players in Juniors or the AHL until they force their way onto the roster. Detroit would never keep putting a Karlsson or a Filatov on the ice for big minutes unless they earned it. Hell. Detroit has had guys who were playoff heros in the minors. See: Abdelkater, Justin and Leino, Ville

They had a goalie of the future in the A until his rookie year- at 26.

Care to compare who is better at player development: Ottawa or Detroit?

Old
06-27-2011, 04:17 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Yep, Murray said he won't be offered a contract.
Well, I hate to hear that. I'd like to see him have fun and be an asset.

Old
06-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Well there is more than one way to develop players. Personally, I think Detroit does it best, followed by Philadelphia. Both teams keep their players in Juniors or the AHL until they force their way onto the roster. Detroit would never keep putting a Karlsson or a Filatov on the ice for big minutes unless they earned it. Hell. Detroit has had guys who were playoff heros in the minors. See: Abdelkater, Justin and Leino, Ville

Well Ottawa is a new team. Since Murray's been GM we've only had Karlsson come through the ranks but he's been a home run. (John Muckler drafted like crap and traded everything away for free. Probably why the sens aren't doing so hot now as we lost Havlat, Hossa, Redden and Chara. All we got in return was Heatley who then traded himself to san jose)

btw Murray was a Detroit GM and brought Babcock into the league.

but why did you even ask me to compare those again?

Old
06-27-2011, 04:37 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:

I think this is one of the points that often gets overlooked when speaking of our kids and that is that we often have been in positions where we had to rush them onto the ice. Growing pains for us, I guess.

Mason is a good example. We brought him in, he played way over his head, then kinda crashed. Filatov came in that spring, got a hattie and then crashed. To an extent, so did Jake and Brass. We have got to figure out how to deal with this and help these guys past the bump. My vote goes to Detroit. I hate them because they do it so well. LOL

Old
06-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Don't try and play the martyr, there are better in the CBJ fan base that post here than you are.
Don't mind me; I'm just nailing the back of my hand to my forehead over here.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-27-2011, 04:58 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Well Ottawa is a new team. Since Murray's been GM we've only had Karlsson come through the ranks but he's been a home run. (John Muckler drafted like crap and traded everything away for free. Probably why the sens aren't doing so hot now as we lost Havlat, Hossa, Redden and Chara. All we got in return was Heatley who then traded himself to san jose)

btw Murray was a Detroit GM and brought Babcock into the league.

but why did you even ask me to compare those again?
You understand compared to Columbus, Ottawa is old.

My point was you criticized the Blue Jackets for not keeping Filatov in the top 6 and giving him big minutes while he was not producing. You then compared the way Ottawa succeeded by continuing to put Karlsson on the ice all season even though he didn't play well until March, and even that's debatable, because his defense is horrible and he can't pivot to the right. He regularly gets owned in the d zone.

My point is that Detroit doesn't do that, and they sure seem better at development than the Sens.

I am very familiar with Murray's history. He's had Doug MacLean following him around like a puppy since he hired him as an assistant in Washington, then Detroit and Florida.

Geesh, we're really happy Feel-a tov ish a Shenator.

Old
06-27-2011, 05:00 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

One year too late, if you ask me.

This kid should have been traded long before the trade deadline this past year when his value was much higher.

When it comes to Filatov, Howson blew it just as much as the kid did.

Old
06-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
You understand compared to Columbus, Ottawa is old.

My point was you criticized the Blue Jackets for not keeping Filatov in the top 6 and giving him big minutes while he was not producing. You then compared the way Ottawa succeeded by continuing to put Karlsson on the ice all season even though he didn't play well until March, and even that's debatable, because his defense is horrible and he can't pivot to the right. He regularly gets owned in the d zone.

My point is that Detroit doesn't do that, and they sure seem better at development than the Sens.

I am very familiar with Murray's history. He's had Doug MacLean following him around like a puppy since he hired him as an assistant in Washington, then Detroit and Florida.

Geesh, we're really happy Feel-a tov ish a Shenator.
Karlsson played well, just didn't score. He's actually really good at defense. People have ragged on the pivot but it doesn't matter, I expect MacLean to fix that.

btw the only surviving players from the old days of the Senators are Alfredsson and Phillips. Ottawa got blown up so hard I don't think it matters what happened more than ten years ago.

Old
06-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Monk

Quote:
Karlsson played well
Ah, and there we have the difference... as has been said, already, numerous times. Why are you comparing him to Filatov again? Why is this conversation continuing?

Old
06-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Ah, and there we have the difference... as has been said, already, numerous times. Why are you comparing him to Filatov again? Why is this conversation continuing?
Ask leek, I'm good.

Old
06-27-2011, 05:34 PM
pepty

Quote:
Well, I hate to hear that. I'd like to see him have fun and be an asset.
The guy has the worst luck and can't stay healthy.

However he did have one moment of glory with Ottawa, in the playoffs
last year against Pittsburgh in Game 5, Ottawa won in the 3rd overtime and Leclair played out of his mind.

However he has struggled to stay healthy more than 3 days in a row unfortunately.

Old
06-27-2011, 06:55 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
The guy has the worst luck and can't stay healthy.

However he did have one moment of glory with Ottawa, in the playoffs
last year against Pittsburgh in Game 5, Ottawa won in the 3rd overtime and Leclair played out of his mind.

However he has struggled to stay healthy more than 3 days in a row unfortunately.
Watched it and was cheering my ass off for the Sens. Leclaire was great.

I'm thinking some Voodoo queen named Phyllis put a curse on him. I mean, who gets broken facial bones on the bench?

Old
06-27-2011, 08:50 PM
CBJCougar

Was just cruising through Capgeek and peeked at the available goalies, saw Paz's name and numbers and then raised an eyebrow when I saw Paz's GAA is smaller than Mason's.

Paz info
http://www.capgeek.com/ufa_finder.ph..._type=ICE_TIME

Mason info
http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=622

Old
06-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

if you only play in 3 games a year its easy to have a smaller GAA

Old
06-27-2011, 08:55 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
if you only play in 3 games a year its easy to have a smaller GAA
LOL Well, this is true, Fro. Sad, but true.

Old
06-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Nanabijou
Drop the puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
One year too late, if you ask me.

This kid should have been traded long before the trade deadline this past year when his value was much higher.

When it comes to Filatov, Howson blew it just as much as the kid did.
Don't think his value was much higher then. I think his value dive-bombed the minute he left for Russia in 2009. After it was clear he wasn't getting it done in the NHL last year, I think Howson was hoping he'd light up the AHL enough to get his trade value back up, but it never happened.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:49 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Agreed. The guy is a great goalie that cant catch a damn break. I feel so bad for him.

Quote:
Was just cruising through Capgeek and peeked at the available goalies, saw Paz's name and numbers and then raised an eyebrow when I saw Paz's GAA is smaller than Mason's.

Paz info
http://www.capgeek.com/ufa_finder.ph..._type=ICE_TIME

Mason info
http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=622
Ive always said on the Sens board that the Jackets probably would take this trade back too. Mason was rushed unfortunately, and despite how much most sens fans hate him, Leclaire has been decent for us. Its hard to explain how bad Clouston was at managing goalies.

Last edited by SilverSeven: 06-28-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Old
06-28-2011, 02:39 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
lightthelamp lightthelamp
It starts RT @SensChirp: The #Sens were hoping to have Filatov at the Development Camp this week but apparently he will not be here in time.

hahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Sens management was crazy if they thought he would show up for a prospect camp....
Its visa issues.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:39 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Ive always said on the Sens board that the Jackets probably would take this trade back too.
Not a chance. They might have went for another starter, but Vermette was necessary and Leclaire was one here.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:51 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Its visa issues.
Ah, well, I apologize then.

I guess I just don't have a ton of anger at Filatov. I think its because although it looks like he was a bit of a "Zherdev" not only did he not produce (Zherdev had a good first season despite coming over here in the middle of the season) I think Howson and Filatov didn't give it enough time to really turn into a fiasco.

I said on the mains that Filatov requesting a trade was either the dumbest thing he's ever done, or the most mature thing simply by the standpoint that he saw it wasn't working out, I think he knew he burned bridges in the lockerroom (RJ's tweets). He himself admitted mistakes made, I don't think it was so much an anger ultimatum, even if it may have come out that way.

I think the feeling I would get if he went on a tear in Ottawa and really lit it up would be a small amount of happiness for him personally, and an intense amount of sorrow that it didn't work out here. But I have this overwhelming feeling that he will never totally live up to what he was billed as either. I don't expect him to put up big numbers, no matter who he is playing with.

Its totally his fault it didn't work out, not denying that, I just wish he had been as ready as he claimed to be when he was drafted....

No backlash against Howson for the pick, he was the best player available and Howson was needing to restock an organization after some bad drafting by XGMDM.

Old
06-28-2011, 07:02 AM
blahblah

A little to soft on the situation KBW for my taste. There was some question at the time of the pick, for one.

Closed Thread