HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nikita Filatov to Ottawa for a 3rd Round Pick

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2011, 08:42 AM
  #326
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/NHL_Sens/statu...57902112129024



He didn't come to the CBJ development camp last season IIRC.
Well, at least he's attempting to repair his image.

KeithBWhittington is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 09:14 AM
  #327
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,612
vCash: 500
That pisses me off. I'm a Sens fan too, but this is first class BS.

Maybe Murray told him the business, but it sounds like he was doing the primadonna thing intentionally thinking Columbus would let it go.

TSA0402 is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 09:45 AM
  #328
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
That pisses me off. I'm a Sens fan too, but this is first class BS.

Maybe Murray told him the business, but it sounds like he was doing the primadonna thing intentionally thinking Columbus would let it go.
As evident by Rj's infamous "first tweet" after Filatov was traded, Nik had burned bridges in the lockerroom. I said earlier in the thread that it was either incredibly petulant or one of smartest things he's ever done.... He was going nowhere here, he had already lost his teammates respect and faith.

A move was necessary unless Howson wanted to just continue to hang on to his rights and watch his stock continue to plummet when he refused take the inevitable demotion to Springfield following training camp and went back to Russia.

KeithBWhittington is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 09:50 AM
  #329
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
. I said earlier in the thread that it was either incredibly petulant or one of smartest things he's ever done....
I would say its a little of both. Even if he doesn't succeed it was most likely the best move. I didn't know there was such resentment. It seemed a bit strange to me because they had a better record with Filatov in lineup I do believe, that must just be a huge coincidence.

TSA0402 is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 12:44 PM
  #330
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/NHL_Sens/statu...57902112129024

He didn't come to the CBJ development camp last season IIRC.
Development camp is for prospects who haven't turned pro yet (pro in NA). The CBJ invite a few who went pro at the end of the previous season and played a handful of AHL games like Atkinson and York to be mentors, but Filatov was never expected to be at development camp last season for the Jackets.

JacketsFanWest is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:36 PM
  #331
tkeats
Registered User
 
tkeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Checked out the Box Score from the Sens game tonight found out Nikita was scratched wondered if he had gotten hurt or something... checked out the Sens board and found this laughable... "*Nikita Filatov, after being demoted during both of the first few games, will join Bobby Butler in the stands."

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1002623

"Filatov needs to be better and Stache knows he's got great potential, that's why he's so tough on him. I would have given him a game in front of the home crowd,but I understand why he's been scratched. Yes,he looked decent but the team expects a freaking star in the making, a guy who will take over some games. We shouldn't be happy and Filatov certainly shouldn't be happy with making a nice pass per game or a dangle...he needs to score and be a threat every shift;
We said it at the beginning of the year,in order for us to have a chance to put up a fight we'll need Filatov and Butler breaking-out. The Stache is trying to get them going;"

That **** cracks me up


Last edited by tkeats: 10-11-2011 at 11:44 PM.
tkeats is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:39 PM
  #332
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tough Nuts View Post
Checked out the Box Score from the Sens game tonight found out Nikita was scratched wondered if he had gotten hurt or something... checked out the Sens board and found this laughable... "*Nikita Filatov, after being demoted during both of the first few games, will join Bobby Butler in the stands."

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1002623
Thi is a reason why you had to rebuild this thread? For every information? When he will play great do you make it too?

mt-svk is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:42 PM
  #333
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Thi is a reason why you had to rebuild this thread? For every information? When he will play great do you make it too?
Zherdev fans made similar posts at the time. We know how that turned out.

Matthew is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:49 PM
  #334
tkeats
Registered User
 
tkeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Thi is a reason why you had to rebuild this thread? For every information? When he will play great do you make it too?
Figured if I was going to say something about Filatov's play in Ottawa that I would put it in the thread that said Filatov was traded to Ottawa? For every information? Just pointing out that 3 games into the season he is already being scratched...

tkeats is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:52 PM
  #335
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 17,149
vCash: 500
yeaps...thanks for that 3rd round pick!!

Fro is online now  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:54 PM
  #336
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tough Nuts View Post
Figured if I was going to say something about Filatov's play in Ottawa that I would put it in the thread that said Filatov was traded to Ottawa? For every information? Just pointing out that 3 games into the season he is already being scratched...
He played bad his first game including preseason and you rebuild the thread I wonder whether you will continue when you will play great. IMO not. Sorry but this is not funny but stupid.

Btw I try to not start (only react) about him in Columbus thread whether he will play so or so. Maybe you can write on Sens thread and maybe it will be better to write Sens fans posts first.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:55 PM
  #337
CBJCougar
Registered User
 
CBJCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Inside a house
Country: United States
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tough Nuts View Post
Figured if I was going to say something about Filatov's play in Ottawa that I would put it in the thread that said Filatov was traded to Ottawa? For every information? Just pointing out that 3 games into the season he is already being scratched...
I was watching part of the Sens red carpet Opener tonight and was a bit surprised that Kita wasn't even introduced to the home crowd, on top of the benching. He had a good preseason but I heard the coach went off on a couple of them yesterday. Any news on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
yeaps...thanks for that 3rd round pick!!
And we're better for that HOW? 0-3 Woot, woo!!

CBJCougar is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:57 PM
  #338
tkeats
Registered User
 
tkeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
He played bad his first game including preseason and you rebuild the thread I wonder whether you will continue when you will play great. IMO not.

Btw I try to not start (only react) about him in Columbus thread whether he will play so or so. Maybe you can write on Sens thread and maybe it will be better to write Sens fans posts first.
Haha this doesn't concern Sens fans, If he plays great then good on him, meanwhile I'm going to laugh at the fact that it isn't just Columbus where he can't stay in the daily line up

tkeats is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:59 PM
  #339
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
yeaps...thanks for that 3rd round pick!!
Yeaps... after two games.. yeap and when he will play good (what he will)? Will be ... yeap... thanks for...?

It is already as for... rebuild thread... etc... like a little children.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 12:02 AM
  #340
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tough Nuts View Post
Haha this doesn't concern Sens fans, If he plays great then good on him, meanwhile I'm going to laugh at the fact that it isn't just Columbus where he can't stay in the daily line up
Simply one thing... you are as a litlle child. Notice our players for example Umberger who play whorse than Nikita in this season. And I like Umby.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 12:08 AM
  #341
tkeats
Registered User
 
tkeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Yeaps... after two games.. yeap and when he will play good (what he will)? Will be ... yeap... thanks for...?

It is already as for... rebuild thread... etc... like a little children.
If little children like to see how a player who has been traded to a different team is playing, anddddd finds the current situation they are in interesting.... thennnn tells other people who also like that team of this players current situation...then yes, I am exactly like a little child

tkeats is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 12:08 AM
  #342
CBJCougar
Registered User
 
CBJCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Inside a house
Country: United States
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Don't let it bother you Mt. LOL Some of the guys just like to aggravate. It helps them release their frustrations. They are always gonna be mad at Filatov for ...whatever reason. Doesn't mean it's justified.

CBJCougar is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 12:10 AM
  #343
tkeats
Registered User
 
tkeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
I really wasn't meaning to ruffle anyones feathers, I just thought it was pretty crazy that Filatov was already being scratched just 3 games into the season. No ill wishes or anything, purely observations

tkeats is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 12:17 AM
  #344
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tough Nuts View Post
If little children like to see how a player who has been traded to a different team is playing, anddddd finds the current situation they are in interesting.... thennnn tells other people who also like that team of this players current situation...then yes, I am exactly like a little child
Do you notice Voracek? No.

I would never start to write on this boards about Filly whether he was scratched or even he will play great (and he will) but somebody must. Btw, after two games not three.

And I end with this thread and about Filly on this board write about him what you want... .

mt-svk is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 12:28 AM
  #345
tkeats
Registered User
 
tkeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Do you notice Voracek? No.

I would never start to write on this boards about Filly whether he was scratched or even he will play great (and he will) but somebody must. Btw, after two games not three.

And I end with this thread and about Filly on this board write about him what you want... .
Voracek isn't being scratched two games into the season... I don't know if you're just reading into it too much or what but I was merely commenting on the fact that he had been played lower in the line up in previous games and then scratched this past one, no reason to get upset

** Just saw all the stuff in the around the league thread, i'll just go back to reading and not posting haha

tkeats is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 12:48 AM
  #346
JrussJacket
Registered User
 
JrussJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: OH-IO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Filatov just isn't ready for the physicalness of the NHL. And quite frankly, I don't think he ever will. He's built like a wet noodle. He had plenty of taste of the Nhl and shoulda new he needs to bulk up to be a good player in this league. He's got skill but he won't make it in the nhl. Sorry mtsvk but filatov is a bust. Time to just admit it. You can still be a fan. Hell I'm still a Balastik fan!

JrussJacket is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 05:14 AM
  #347
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tough Nuts View Post
Figured if I was going to say something about Filatov's play in Ottawa that I would put it in the thread that said Filatov was traded to Ottawa? For every information? Just pointing out that 3 games into the season he is already being scratched...
If it was ever fair to judge 3 games into a season, then Columbus would be royally screwed.

They also benched a guy who had 21 pts in 36 games last year. Coach was trying to wake up a team that played terrible two games straight. Filatov hasn't had the best two games, but he hasn't played badly enough to be a long term scratch for Sens.

But if you want to use weak observations watch this...

GP G A P +/-
Nikita Filatov 2 0 1 1 1
RJ Umberger 3 0 0 0 -1

TSA0402 is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 06:24 AM
  #348
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Don't let it bother you Mt. LOL Some of the guys just like to aggravate. It helps them release their frustrations. They are always gonna be mad at Filatov for ...whatever reason. Doesn't mean it's justified.
Well we've been hearing for a few years how Filatov is the bomb-diggidy. When you don't see the bomb-diggidy, fans tend to follow him around feeling satisfied that he isn't the bomb-diggidy on another team or have bad feelings when he does become the bomb-diggidy (whatever that is, if it's even a word... :p).

My issue with him isn't on ice, it's off ice and wrapped in that little extremely deceptive and vastly immature entitled noggin of his.

Frankly I wish the conversations would die about this kid. He either works out or he doesn't. But I wish even more that a little poster of ours would stop trying to defend him blindly. Everything negative about him is someone else's fault or a non-existent issue. If he's scratched, why wasn't it someone else because they played worse? blahblahblah... Yeah, whatever. He's not playing well. I've had players I like not make it in the NHL. I don't go around pointing at everyone else saying he (the player I like) was held down by the man.

blahblah is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 07:08 AM
  #349
Matt Foley
Meh
 
Matt Foley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Meh Meh
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Oops - I thought I had put this thread on Ignore. My bad.

Because Filatov is dead to me, I will put this thread in its rightful place - the garbage.

Matt Foley is online now  
Old
10-12-2011, 07:19 AM
  #350
Neeley7
Registered User
 
Neeley7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Simply one thing... you are as a litlle child. Notice our players for example Umberger who play whorse than Nikita in this season. And I like Umby.
can't really say that Umby is playing that much worse than Filly when Filly IS NOT really PLAYING , though. Anyhow, it seems common to comment on former jackets here, I am not understanding why you are so offended by this update. Maybe it'd be better suited for the NHL thread but still...

Neeley7 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.