HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nikita Filatov to Ottawa for a 3rd Round Pick

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2011, 03:55 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
I love how whenever a player fails within this organization it's everyone's fault but their own.

Old
06-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Hugg

He didn't want to play here, so we got rid of him.

At least we got a 3rd round pick instead of watching him play in the KHL.

He had his chances. Especially last season, and he just floated around the ice and contributed a whole lot of nothing. Then he went to Springfield and did absolutely nothing to deserve a promotion.

This one is all on him. We've screwed up prospects in the past, but this one is all him. He wasn't willing to do the work.

Old
06-25-2011, 03:57 PM
BluejacketNut

Its funny how everyone on here knows exactly what happened with everything from the comfort of their keyboard

Old
06-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Filatov wanted to be an NHL player but didn't want to do the work to become one.
His fault, no one else's.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:05 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Thread has gotten too hostile

Old
06-25-2011, 04:05 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Filatov wanted to be an NHL player but didn't want to do the work to become one.
Find me complaints Arniel, Howson or Hitchcock for his work ethic. Do not find it.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:12 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Find me complaints Arniel, Howson or Hitchcock for his work ethic. Do not find it.
Here's Arniel:
Quote:
Certainly, (Filatov) has some work to do himself. Probably to start with, his teammates. That's a conversation we'll have. He has to recognize that if he wants to be an NHL player, and he wants to do well here, he has to buy into what everybody else is doing.
http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/06...outtakes.shtml

Old
06-25-2011, 04:16 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
It? Lee, you are joking. It is an interview after lies about his words in Russia /I red it in Russian so i know about I say he never said bad about Columbus/ and when Arniel only started. He did not saw him he did not talk with him. So, again find me words about his bad work ethic.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:20 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
Meh. Had hoped for a better return -- a 2nd, maybe?

But pretty clear his time here was up some time ago.

I actually don't wish him well in Ottawa. I hope he sucks and/or goes to the KHL.

This isn't like Jake.
Filatov was a waste here and I hope he continues to be a waste elsewhere.
Robert is going to be pissed.

After this Russia won't respect the Jackets either.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:25 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
It? Lee, you are joking. It is an interview after lies about his words in Russia /I red it in Russian so i know about I say he never said bad about Columbus/ and when Arniel only started. He did not saw him he did not talk with him. So, again find me words about his bad work ethic.
The second half of that statement has nothing to do with the Russian article.

"He has to recognize that if he wants to be an NHL player, and he wants to do well here, he has to buy into what everybody else is doing."

Translation: quit being a freelancer and put in the work to be a better team player. The team does not revolve around you.

And here's Filatov himself about Hitchcock, which says it all:
Quote:
"I got my own opinion about Hitch and about what I think he thinks of me," Filatov wrote in an e-mail to T he Dispatch. "I am not going to let everybody know about it. I think it's pretty clear that he didn't give (me) a chance and opportunity to prove that I can play."
Nobody GIVES you anything at this level. You EARN it. I really don't get his inflated sense of entitlement.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:27 PM
MoeBartoli
Chex-to-Jax

Quote:
Quote:
While I don't think he has maturity, I'm like mt-svk - I've not heard about work ethic issues. regardless, we can all have opinions about whether it's Filatov's fault or not, but the bottom line is that the organization cannot escape blame. Was this a problem with the scouting assessments and vetting or with coaching?

Now turning to Niles, it sure seems that with as little value as he got, using him as a little spicing with someone of higher trade value would have been a better use of this mess. Having already wasted this high draft pick and ending up with a a garden gnome in return makes this even worse.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:31 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
The second half of that statement has nothing to do with the Russian article.

"He has to recognize that if he wants to be an NHL player, and he wants to do well here, he has to buy into what everybody else is doing."

Translation: quit being a freelancer and put in the work to be a better team player. The team does not revolve around you.

And here's Filatov himself about Hitchcock, which says it all:

Nobody GIVES you anything at this level. You EARN it. I really don't get his inflated sense of entitlement.
Dear Lee. Again. How good Arniel knew Filatov in this time? So, find me something when he knew him good. You do not find.

Next, what is bad on it when he siad that Hitch will not give him an opportunity? Nothing. But he always siad that Hitch learned him lots. I red it in Russian and I can speak Russian. I repeat he never said bad about Columbus or Hitch in the interviews in Russian.

The question is, if it is right, why he asked about trade. How were plans with him. If CBJ wrote off him I understand it but only for only this and similar reason. If it is right of course. If it was some stupid reason so it is bad shock for me.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:31 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Here's another one:

Quote:
If Hitchcock is indeed the reason why Filatov isn't happy, the Blue Jackets head coach might not be the only bench boss he's having problems with. When asked if Filatov and the Russians quit on Vladamir Plyuschev, he had this response.

"If it looked like this, you're probably right."
http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/...-ing-ride.html

Old
06-25-2011, 04:35 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Dear Lee. Again. How good Arniel knew Filatov in this time? So, find me something when he knew him good. You do not find.

Next, what is bad on it when he siad that Hitch will not give him an opportunity? Nothing. But he always siad that Hitch learned him lots. I red it in Russian and I can speak Russian. I repeat he never said bad about Columbus or Hitch in the interviews in Russian.
I equate quitting at the first sign of adversity and work ethic as being one in the same. He quit on the Blue Jackets, he quit on the Russians, he quit on Springfield. One does not need quotes. One only needs to look at the results (or lack thereof).

Old
06-25-2011, 04:35 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Plushchev is.... I do not understand how he could be a coach. He coached bad so he had to find reason he cannot say his mistakes.

But well ,find me Hitch comments about his bad work ethic.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:36 PM
MephistoIV

Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
To me, this trade shows that SH and SA are ready for Calvert to step into the top 6 or 9 along with Kubalik.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:39 PM
CapnCornelius

Probably a good thing Howson made the Carter trade earlier in the week or the fallout would be worse.

This was a horrible pick from Day 1 because of the team's insistence that this kid was a much harder worker than Zherdev, etc.

Ironic this comes on the same day a trade of Brule was nixed because of some sort of health concerns.

What's done is done. Now Howson has to re-focus for July 1. If he fails to fix the defense, despite the Carter trade this off-season will earn a C grade, at best.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Calvert made the NHL because he wanted to, he put in the work it required to become an NHL player. I'm glad to have him.
Tynan looks like he's cut from the same mold.

Quote:
Are you familiar with buy low/sell high?? Usually you don't want to trade a player when his value is at his absolute lowest.
Of course I am. That's why I was just as shocked at the Filatov trade. I didn't think he was going to get the Legein treatment, but apparently he managed to earn it.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

You would think if people liked what they saw from Filatov on the ice, we would have gotten more interest than 1 team offering a 3rd round pick.

I consider us lucky to have gotten anything for him at this point after the way he disappeared last season. He didn't really seem to be tearing up the ahl.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
Thread has gotten too hostile

Kitty!

Old
06-25-2011, 04:47 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Plushchev is.... I do not understand how he could be a coach. He coached bad so he had to find reason he cannot say his mistakes.

But well ,find me Hitch comments about his bad work ethic.
I love ya mt-svk, but gheez, do your own research.

We'll find out shortly if Filatov is a diva (he fails in Ottawa) or is just misunderstood (he lights it up as a top 6 player for the Sens). Forget the quotes, just look at the results.

But let us not fault Filatov himself. Howson made a bone-headed move by selecting him in the first round. The CBJ does not have the time to let kids like this mature over several years. It was especially boneheaded when the head coach is known to favor veterans and two-way players. A two-way player Filatov was not and is not. This was just a bad fit from the beginning.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:58 PM
blahblah

I take back what I said before. I don't wish Filatov well. That little punk can suck it. He hasn't changed a bit. Though not the Sens fault, they are now on my list of despised teams. At least until that jerk is gone.

Filatov is the only ex-Jacket... Ever... That I completely and totally despise.

Old
06-25-2011, 05:01 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Old
06-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I take back what I said before. I don't wish Filatov well. That little punk can suck it. He hasn't changed a bit. Though not the Sens fault, they are now on my list of despised teams. At least until that jerk is gone.

Filatov is the only ex-Jacket... Ever... That I completely and totally despise.
wow...that's pretty strong for you....i guess i'm in the column of out of sight, out of mind...

Old
06-25-2011, 05:06 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
wow...that's pretty strong for you....i guess i'm in the column of out of sight, out of mind...
Won't change unless it comes out later that he wasn't "Asking for a change". And it has nothing to do with loyalty either.

At this point I would take Tootoo on this team before any return of Filatov.

Closed Thread