HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindros & Bure

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2004, 03:23 AM
Jack Canuck

vCash: 500
Lindros & Bure

What is the health status of these two? Is either of them ready or even a possibility to play in 04-05?

Old
07-24-2004, 07:33 AM
Edge

Lindros should be good to go {though obviously it wont be here} Bure is the same old same old.

Old
07-24-2004, 01:55 PM
JJ68NYR

I think Sather should offer Bure a very small contract with incentives if he comes back and does well. I mean at least make the offer

Old
07-24-2004, 02:00 PM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
I think Sather should offer Bure a very small contract with incentives if he comes back and does well. I mean at least make the offer
JJ68 - from your name, I can see you're a big Jagr fan. I am under the assumption that right wing is taken care of for 2004-05.

Jagr and Balej as 1 and 2. As far as 3rd and 4th line wingers, I think the Rangers have a lot of depth in that area.

You have a pretty good idea, if Lindros would accept an incentive laden contract (not "games played" but some sort of offensive stats), that might make more sense because he fufills a need for a center. I think we'd have a snowball's chance in hell to see Lindros accept that.

Old
07-24-2004, 02:33 PM
NYR469

Quote:
why?? so he can take ice time away from balej?

Old
07-24-2004, 03:27 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40
JJ68 - from your name, I can see you're a big Jagr fan. I am under the assumption that right wing is taken care of for 2004-05.

Jagr and Balej as 1 and 2. As far as 3rd and 4th line wingers, I think the Rangers have a lot of depth in that area.

You have a pretty good idea, if Lindros would accept an incentive laden contract (not "games played" but some sort of offensive stats), that might make more sense because he fufills a need for a center. I think we'd have a snowball's chance in hell to see Lindros accept that.

Old
07-24-2004, 03:31 PM
rnyquist

Quote:

PASS! If Lindros comes back then suddenly thats both top centers locked in and god knows Messier might be back so right away that means 3 of the top 4 center positions are gone to vets, no chance for Lundmark or Moore to get decent ice time. Not to mention of those 3 centers, 2 could easily hit the boards and be out for half a season and the other one should be a 3rd line tactical center but lord knows that won't happen. Look Lindros IMO is not worth the risk, not even for the lowest salary, simply because he's a waste of a spot if he can't even stay healthy. I want the kids to get 1st shot, if after camp ends and no one has proven to be worth the ice time and Lindros is available THEN go talk to him, but not before, it kills any chance of Lundmark or Moore getting a fair shot at a top 2 line and a guy like Immonen will certainly not come over if only one center spot is open and he's fighting with 2 guys who've been in the organization much longer. IMO bringing in a top 2 line player kills any chance for the kids to learn. Remember this season should not be judged by the win column but by the experience and strides these kids make.

Old
07-24-2004, 07:38 PM
mIkeY1096

I think the rangers should atleast make a offer to pavel it will be for way less money and who says he has to play on the first two lines, he could be on the bottom two and still get points, and plus he would be playing like the whole power play time and that would help!

Old
07-25-2004, 11:27 AM
JJ68NYR

Who says Pavel will even play? If he doesnt all we gave him was a very small contract that is my idea. The incentives would start like 20 to 30 goals for his 1st yr back and then like 30 to 40 for his second yr back. It makes sense.

RW who says Bure would have to play RW? I recall Bure playing Center in the 94 playoffs so i thing he could center jagr or balej.

Old
07-25-2004, 11:34 AM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
PASS!
rnyquist - me too! Out of Bure and Lindros, Lindros would make more sense. But I don't want either one.

Old
07-25-2004, 06:30 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Who says Pavel will even play? If he doesnt all we gave him was a very small contract that is my idea. The incentives would start like 20 to 30 goals for his 1st yr back and then like 30 to 40 for his second yr back. It makes sense.

RW who says Bure would have to play RW? I recall Bure playing Center in the 94 playoffs so i thing he could center jagr or balej.
His agent Mike Gillis for one and he should know since Gillis negotiates the contracts.Pavel Bure's knee is shot

Old
07-25-2004, 06:31 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

1994 was ten years ago already

Old
07-25-2004, 08:34 PM
vega007

The Rangers should let Lindros and Bure walk, and build a good farm system over the next 4-5 years. They seemed to finally realize that this trade deadline. Do what you need to do for long term success, and that's stack the farm with good prospects. With a budget like the Rangers have, it's scary to think what you guys could be like in five years time, provided you are willing to develop players slowly and build for long term success. You wouldn't have to be like my Flames, who have to let their best players go every few years, even if we've put in time to develop them. Just look at your goaltending for example: you have a proven top ten goalie in Mike Dunham already in net. Three to four years from now you will have Blackburn ready.

Old
07-25-2004, 09:06 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary D
The Rangers should let Lindros and Bure walk, and build a good farm system over the next 4-5 years. They seemed to finally realize that this trade deadline. Do what you need to do for long term success, and that's stack the farm with good prospects. With a budget like the Rangers have, it's scary to think what you guys could be like in five years time, provided you are willing to develop players slowly and build for long term success. You wouldn't have to be like my Flames, who have to let their best players go every few years, even if we've put in time to develop them. Just look at your goaltending for example: you have a proven top ten goalie in Mike Dunham already in net. Three to four years from now you will have Blackburn ready.

exactly we have what most rebuilding teams never have, unlimited funds. Sit and accept the loses in the name of prospect development and worry about 'winning' later when its worth signing the big names. Look I know everyone wants to win and be a cup contender, but Lindros and Bure do NOTHING for us but put butts in the stands and take us from a top 5 pick to a pick in the 10-15 place. So essentially we get a worse prospect for only 2-6 million extra, hmm, no thanks. Trust me, this is one time when its better to pass and accept losing.

Old
07-25-2004, 10:58 PM
vega007

well said

problem is sather is on thin ice and is under pressure to provide a winner right now, just like he always has been.

Personally I think the best thing for the NHL right now would be if Crosby ends up in a Rangers uniform. It would be great for the league (and I say this as a Calgary fan). I'm not saying you guys will be the worst team in the league this year but I certainly don't expect you to make the playoffs and I think you might just have a chance to get him via lottery. If not then the next best thing would be Brule.

Old
07-25-2004, 11:00 PM
vega007

Also the drafting of Montoya was very suspect in my opinion. Your one strength, long term, is between the pipes. Should have traded down to get a pair of players like both players from Salmon Arm (Zajac and Chucko) or the two defencemen from Calgary who went late in the first round. Still, easy for me to say I guess.

Old
07-26-2004, 08:17 AM
drewcon40

CalgaryD - Blackburn's injury may be worse than we think. Believe me, there were many Ranger fans scratching their head when the Montoya selections were rumored. After the draft, and allowing it to absorb, many felt better with the pick. We also have Henrik Lundqvist who I wanted to see at the AHL level but has committed to one more year in Sweden (probably due to the CBA uncertainty).

little da and others answered a thread a week ago about Crosby.

Tanking the season/Crosby

I would love if the Rangers could draft Crosby. I just didn't want the Rangers to tank the season on purpose (which when I thought about it, I am sure management would hide their intentions from the players). I thought about Crosby and actually wondered if the league would fix the lottery out of desparation. If there is a long work stoppage or no season at all, I wonder if the NHL would attempt to give the Rangers the top pick as marketing ploy. Crosby in New York. For the record, I am totally against the Rangers getting hand outs. If we were "lucky" enough to win the draft lottery and drafted him, I'd be estatic. I'm sure we would never find out anyway.

Old
07-26-2004, 08:38 AM
rnyquist

Quote:
CalgaryD - Blackburn's injury may be worse than we think. Believe me, there were many Ranger fans scratching their head when the Montoya selections were rumored. After the draft, and allowing it to absorb, many felt better with the pick. We also have Henrik Lundqvist who I wanted to see at the AHL level but has committed to one more year in Sweden (probably due to the CBA uncertainty).

little da and others answered a thread a week ago about Crosby.

Tanking the season/Crosby

I would love if the Rangers could draft Crosby. I just didn't want the Rangers to tank the season on purpose (which when I thought about it, I am sure management would hide their intentions from the players). I thought about Crosby and actually wondered if the league would fix the lottery out of desparation. If there is a long work stoppage or no season at all, I wonder if the NHL would attempt to give the Rangers the top pick as marketing ploy. Crosby in New York. For the record, I am totally against the Rangers getting hand outs. If we were "lucky" enough to win the draft lottery and drafted him, I'd be estatic. I'm sure we would never find out anyway.

On that Crosby note, to be honest, I don't see the league giving us Crosby, we can think we're the center of the universe of hockey all we want but the fact is, that the powers in the league care moe about small market teams then us, so i really doubt IF they do fix it, that they'd fix it for us, instead of a team like Chicago, Edmonton or even L.A. all teams that have trouble drawing a profit, but still manage to have a strong fan base in general

Old
07-26-2004, 09:43 AM
drewcon40

That's a good point too -quist. I always felt that hockey's popularity was at an all time high during and following our cup run in 1994. Now I understand that teams that are in a championship run, those cities will always have a buzz but wasn't the national popularity and exposure at a high as well? The 54 years was a great story and helped but I for one feel that the Rangers' success is a big factor in the league attraction. I, as a fan, do not feel like the NHL should revolve around the Rangers.

Old
07-26-2004, 11:58 AM
ddheyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
why?? so he can take ice time away from balej?
If he could play as he used to ... YES. But obviously he never will be the same player and probably will never play again, so its pointless.

Old
07-29-2004, 10:02 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Bure is a great player....

I think it would not be a great move since your signing a question mark but....
Balej is comfortable playing LW and RW..kinda like Naslund.
So if they did resign him...he wouldn't stop Balej
it would likely be...
Jagr line then...
Balej- Lundmark- Bure

Now Bure will not likely get better, so I can't see him returning to the NHL....
He'll go into Russian politics

If you want to find updates on Bure
www.pbfc.org

Old
07-29-2004, 10:09 AM
deathbear

naslund does NOT like switching sides.

Closed Thread