HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dominik Uher | Center | Spokane (WHL) | Fifth Round, 144th overall

Old
06-27-2011, 03:31 PM
deakka

vCash: 500
So if he isnt given a roster spot, whats his options (if no other team will take him as an overager and import) ECHL, CHL? or go back home?

deakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Rob Scuderi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Interesting to see what happens with him, do teams often spend an overage and import spot on the same guy?
I think it just depends if teams have plans to fill out their overagers already. But Uher does have this going for him:

"WHL teams are allowed a maximum of three overage players. Teams having more than three overage players to start the season may continue to rotate them in and out of the lineup until October 16th at which time they must select determine the three that they will keep."

Someone on Spokane has to replace Tyler Johnson, their center who finished one point behind Linden Vey for the scoring title, so if Uher is a true center as every website says I'd imagine Spokane will think twice before just cutting him.

Pechurskiy for example was probably much easier to cut as an overaged import because at best he was a #1B goalie or more realistically Drew Owsley's backup. Not really where you'd wanna waste those two slots unlike Uher and Spokane's case.

Rob Scuderi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 03:38 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
I think it just depends if teams have plans to fill out their overagers already. But Uher does have this going for him:

"WHL teams are allowed a maximum of three overage players. Teams having more than three overage players to start the season may continue to rotate them in and out of the lineup until October 16th at which time they must select determine the three that they will keep."

Someone on Spokane has to replace Tyler Johnson, their center who finished one point behind Linden Vey for the scoring title, so if Uher is a true center as every website says I'd imagine Spokane will think twice before just cutting him.

Pechurskiy for example was probably much easier to cut as an overaged import because at best he was a #1B goalie or more realistically Drew Owsley's backup. Not really where you'd wanna waste those two slots unlike Uher and Spokane's case.
Yeah I can understand why Pechurskiy was cut as having an overage backup doesn't make sense whereas Uher will probably have a much bigger role on the team.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote