HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thrasher support and recruiting

Old
05-19-2011, 10:46 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
Thrasher support and recruiting

Most of us remember the pain and suffering of the Jim B.S. days when our team was in mortal peril. Given the current Thrasher situation, I'd encourage all Preds fans to show some support. If that fails, let's recruit the hell out of them to join Pred nation. If people can drive from Memphis, Arkansas, etc., if Plaster can talk Atlanta Braves as if they are our baseball team, then we can help make the Preds their hockey team.

I've wandered over to their boards to post as much. Let's start buy-a-beer for a Thrash fan program. Whatever. Take some of the sting away if they lose their team.

Thrashville.... meet Smashville.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:55 PM
kivaerijo

i am down with that. first off, i am a homebrewer. so, any hockey fan is more than welcome to come over and share a few pints from my keg.

second, thrasher fans...let me know what and how I can help in any way at all. it was hell for me a few years back. i dont have to imagine. let me know how, where, and when. good luck.

and i cant stand plaster...he couldnt wait for the preds to be out so he could start baseball talk. he needs to remember that we dont have a major pro team here except for hockey and football.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:06 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
obviously wont happen but I wish a couple thousand of us could load up and go to their save the team rally saturday

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:51 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Most of us remember the pain and suffering of the Jim B.S. days when our team was in mortal peril. Given the current Thrasher situation, I'd encourage all Preds fans to show some support. If that fails, let's recruit the hell out of them to join Pred nation. If people can drive from Memphis, Arkansas, etc., if Plaster can talk Atlanta Braves as if they are our baseball team, then we can help make the Preds their hockey team.

I've wandered over to their boards to post as much. Let's start buy-a-beer for a Thrash fan program. Whatever. Take some of the sting away if they lose their team.

Thrashville.... meet Smashville.
Well I already started a thread in the General section before I read this. Basically same stuff for everyone to see, not just Preds fans.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:25 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Well I already started a thread in the General section before I read this. Basically same stuff for everyone to see, not just Preds fans.
Well, nevermind, it was deleted after 2 hours.

Old
05-20-2011, 02:52 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
It's probably a good thing it got deleted because it would probably just turn into a hate filled argument anyway.

As much as I dislike Atlanta, I really hope all this isn't true and I hope they get enough support to show people they care and are able to keep their team.

sparkle twin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 03:33 AM
AintLifeGrand

I hope I get drafted by y'all in the dispersal draft. Aside from the Avs and Bruins the Predators are the only team I can really see myself getting emotionally attached to. Its up to y'all to represent Southern Hockey from now on (Carolina/ Florida/TB don't count). I plan on making a few trips up to Nashville next season to support the team. Hopefully being a Preds fan won't be as agonizing

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 07:16 AM
jlsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
and i cant stand plaster...he couldnt wait for the preds to be out so he could start baseball talk. he needs to remember that we dont have a major pro team here except for hockey and football.
I hate listening to him about as much as I hate listening to Rome, but he was a big part of the Preds staying here and has been a STH since day one. His first love is baseball and he doesn't make any bones about that. I don't like him but you have to respect what he's done for the Preds. During the payoffs they talked more Preds then I thought they would.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 07:25 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
I hope I get drafted by y'all in the dispersal draft. Aside from the Avs and Bruins the Predators are the only team I can really see myself getting emotionally attached to. Its up to y'all to represent Southern Hockey from now on (Carolina/ Florida/TB don't count). I plan on making a few trips up to Nashville next season to support the team. Hopefully being a Preds fan won't be as agonizing
Hell, bring everyone. We welcome all (southern hospitality)

Old
05-20-2011, 09:45 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
obviously wont happen but I wish a couple thousand of us could load up and go to their save the team rally saturday
I'm going But will have to leave at 2:30 ET to get back to Nashville for my own adult league hockey game...

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 10:56 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
I hate listening to him about as much as I hate listening to Rome, but he was a big part of the Preds staying here and has been a STH since day one. His first love is baseball and he doesn't make any bones about that. I don't like him but you have to respect what he's done for the Preds. During the payoffs they talked more Preds then I thought they would.
My problem with Plaster is he is a hypocrite. Awhile back when some Preds fans started calling the show bashing him for not talking more Preds hockey he basically said something along the lines of " If more people wanted to talk Preds hockey we would, But they don't so we aren't"

The he has the audacity to sit there and talk baseball and Braves everyday like the majority of people in Nashville care.

The 3 hour lunch is super biased towards football and college sports but at least they are talking about something the majority of sports fans in Nashville are interested in.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
My problem with Plaster is he is a hypocrite. Awhile back when some Preds fans started calling the show bashing him for not talking more Preds hockey he basically said something along the lines of " If more people wanted to talk Preds hockey we would, But they don't so we aren't"

The he has the audacity to sit there and talk baseball and Braves everyday like the majority of people in Nashville care.

The 3 hour lunch is super biased towards football and college sports but at least they are talking about something the majority of sports fans in Nashville are interested in.
We have an almost identical phenomenon up here with Bruce Hooley. He just about refuses to talk about the Jackets for similar reasons, but will go on and on and on about OSU basketball (not football, basketball) and couldn't go ten minutes without a complaint about Eric Wedge.

He's improved a bit since then, tho. Now that Wedge manages Seattle instead of the Tribe, he only complains about the guy every twenty minutes or so.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 11:50 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

To be fair, at least OSU basketball is local. I stopped listening to the Sports Zone because, for starters, I hate baseball. On top of that, the Braves talk is ridiculous. Yes Plaster, we know you're a Braves fan. No Plaster, we do not care to hear you ask your guest about the Braves pitching staff, especially not in freakin' March.

Anyway, I was thinking about going down to their rally. I'm not sure if I can make it, but I'm going to try.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
To be fair, at least OSU basketball is local. I stopped listening to the Sports Zone because, for starters, I hate baseball. On top of that, the Braves talk is ridiculous. Yes Plaster, we know you're a Braves fan. No Plaster, we do not care to hear you ask your guest about the Braves pitching staff, especially not in freakin' March.

Anyway, I was thinking about going down to their rally. I'm not sure if I can make it, but I'm going to try.
Wasn't fully clear. His Eric Wedge homicidal fantasies were Cleveland, not Columbus, and when he did talk local sports they were the other unpopular ones.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:37 PM
SavageSteve

Also for Thrasher fans, some Preds season ticket holders able able to sell extra tickets off of their season ticket holder accounts at STH prices thru a Ticketmaster link w/ limited fees (aka Ambassadors Club). Not sure if they'll do that again but I've heard that the Preds might start dynamic pricing next season to try and Dynamic Ticket Pricing http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...c-pricing.html so maybe we can help cut y'all a deal.

Also take heart y'all, the deal ain't in the books till the BoG say so and there is a precedent for this in a failed bid for Saskatoon to move the Blues there from StL owners that no longer wanted the team. Scary but survivable: http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2009/...lues-the-story

Last edited by SavageSteve: 05-20-2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Additional info
SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 01:09 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I hope for the best for Thrashers fans, but this is more dire than it ever was here. The NHL doesn't want another Phoenix situation on its hands, and unlike Phoenix, the city of Atlanta won't absorb the losses.

I've got my fingers crossed, but it's a little late for rally's, IMO. The real rally should have been over the last few seasons, at the gate. Atlanta repeatedly surprises and disappoints as a sports market...be it MLB, NBA, or anything that's not UGA, seemingly.

That said, I'm hoping it all turns out okay. Wouldn't want anyone to go through what we almost did.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 01:24 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Hi. i'm Kevin...Also known as one of the most hated mods on the Playoff board...

I'm pretty sure I'll still follow the team in Winnipeg, but I'll probably become more closely aligned with the Preds. I live in Birmingham and my company has a rather large office in Nashville.

To tell you a bit about myself, I'm born and raised in Birmingham. I'm a musician (Night club DJ..House/Breaks producer and run the label mk837). I work in records management by trade for one of the largest law firms in the US. Been into hockey for as long as I can remember. My first team was the Philadelphia Flyers. I was a huge Ron Hextall fan.

I really don't know why I didn't latch onto Nashville when the Preds came.... i think it was the fact that I'd always been an Eastern Conference fan. I was very excited about the team though. I do remember those early days of Mike Dunham and Thomas Vokoun.

I'm looking forward to connecting more with the Preds. You guys are really on the right track.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 07:41 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
Hi. i'm Kevin...Also known as one of the most hated mods on the Playoff board...

I'm pretty sure I'll still follow the team in Winnipeg, but I'll probably become more closely aligned with the Preds. I live in Birmingham and my company has a rather large office in Nashville.

To tell you a bit about myself, I'm born and raised in Birmingham. I'm a musician (Night club DJ..House/Breaks producer and run the label mk837). I work in records management by trade for one of the largest law firms in the US. Been into hockey for as long as I can remember. My first team was the Philadelphia Flyers. I was a huge Ron Hextall fan.

I really don't know why I didn't latch onto Nashville when the Preds came.... i think it was the fact that I'd always been an Eastern Conference fan. I was very excited about the team though. I do remember those early days of Mike Dunham and Thomas Vokoun.

I'm looking forward to connecting more with the Preds. You guys are really on the right track.
You NEED to be a Preds fan. Too close for anything else. Give us one season.... one season.... and you will never go back. One season. A couple of road trips. A tootoo whistle. A fake Shea beard. A few "Thanks Paul" "It's all your fault" and assorted 303 cheers. One season. That's all we ask.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 10:48 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Yeah, we used to get a bit rowdy down here at Birmingham Bulls ECHL games, so I think that's part of the reason why you guys appeal to me also. Once, some friends of mine and I made goalie Chris Wickenheiser cry during a game.... I was also once challenged to a fight by Jason Clarke of the Mobile Mysticks.... He wanted to go in the parking lot of the BJCC after a game.... All I said was he needed a diaper... Nothing too bad....

Old
05-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Panic at the Back

I'm a Caps fan, but since we moved to Huntsville, well even before that I was following the Preds. Since we got here I've only been to 3 games, but I'm hoping that will change next season - with or without a move to the SE division.

I hate to see Atlanta move, when I was a kid growing up in New Orleans, the Jazz moved to Utah (Stupidest name ever), and that still makes me angry.

Panic at the Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 11:45 PM
cleangene

Wow, Kevin..I think you'd fit right in with the PREDHEADS, especially if you choose to sit in the rowdy "Cellblock: Section 303" at The Barn on Broadway. Just practice your "Kesl-er IS A SIS-SY Ke-sler IS A SIS-SY. Kes-ler IS A SIS-SY chant through the summer, and you'll be ready.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 11:53 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Please tell me you guys do the "You Feel Shame" chant when an opposing player is headed to the box... That's a UAH/Thrashers/Birmingham Bulls tradition

Old
05-21-2011, 12:13 AM
cleangene

Strings from "Psycho" blair out under the P.A. announcer's call of "FANG FINGERS", and everyone in the building direct a claw-like sign with their 2 fingers while the offender skates to the box. As soon as the box door closes, "SIT DOWN LOSER!!!" rings out from 303.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 12:25 AM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

Hey guys. I just wanted to say thanks for all the support that y'all have shown both on here and in the Thrashers forum. It was dark there for y'all when that sum***** Balsillie was trying to steal your team, and I'm glad you kept it. You've done a great thing where you are.

To tell you a little bit about myself, I live in Chattanooga, but I grew up in Atlanta. Since I've been here in the Scenic City, I've made friends with some big Preds fans, got really caught up in your playoff run, and even made a trip to Smashville for the game against the Bruins back on St. Patty's Day.

Here's hoping I get drafted by y'all. I promise that if you do select me, I'll set up a shrine to Peks, and I'll piss off Canadians whenever humanly possible.

Also, I hate the Braves, and Major League Baseball in general. So we've kinda got that in common.

RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 05:57 AM
Sunshine36616

Another one to say thanks. I'm a Preds fan anyway, consider them my West Coast Home team. We come up for several games a season. If this happens, I have the number of a Preds ticket rep so I can come up as many weekends as possible.

I'll also be considering converting my blog to a Preds blog. Not sure about that one yet.

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote