HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

RDS Coverage

Old
06-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
I'm sure he knows as much as regular Q-fans about the Q, and that he's like us for the other leagues : He reads reports, looks at stats, and then goes with his speculation of how good the player will be.
True. The only thing that Leroux might have more than us, is connections. He knows people and that's how he can talk about how MacKinnon is going to be traded or report some news according to a management side of a team, etc. I admit, I'm not a scout, and my job is not to go and look at every player from a league and make reports afterwards. I would like to though, but I'm in university and we ain't got time for that obv. Maybe if I was in journalism or communications, but not when you're in med. Hockey is my passion, and also a hobby, a pastime, not my job.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 50
Rofl, I love how they're listing all the picks from the QMJHL on Sport30.

Zaide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I really hate Stephane Leroux. People on RDS.ca on legrandclub are all praising him about how he did a good job this weekend and how he should take Timmins place in the organization or becoming the next GM. This guy is a piece of sh * t and all he does is go around Quebec arenas to eat poutine and get even fatter. Seriously, Leroux sucks so bad and he doesn't even know prospects outside the Q. I'm pretty sure we all know even more than all the RDS crew all together. Here's the page with the comments on the bottom.

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/170008/posts/116435

Damn this guy knows f * ck all and pretends to be RDS' draft guru..so lame seriously. He knows nothing about junior hockey.
HUGE FAIL The guy lost at least 50 pounds this year.

Also In the link you posted, only one retard told Leroux that he should be the next Timmins. There is also one guy that said : "nice job Mr.Leroux". The others posters only wrote facts or opinions.

I don't get your hate for Leroux, he knows Q players pretty well. I think he watches 4-5 games a week. He also covers the Memorial Cup and the important CHL events like the subway series or the internationnal events (WJHC, U18). He isn't a OHL/WHL expert but at least he watched the top players quite a few times.

Flynn is decent too while Therrien can't do much more than stating the obvious.

I'm not defending RDS because their coverage of the draft was poor and their endless discussions on QMJHL players are laughable but I think that you are pushing too far your attacks on Leroux's credibility.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Yeah, Leroux is alright for giving Q info at least.

I don't know for the rest. (I don't watch him often)

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 02:35 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Leroux is good. Why the hate?

Hating on someone because he's fat :

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post

But fat people dont know hockey... i mean they got fat by not doing any sports when they were younger.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:17 AM
usernam

What pissed me off the most is how RDS still had "Huberdeau sous le soleil!" on the front page hours after Beaulieu was picked. Pathetic.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:32 AM
terreur

I also hate how every guy that was picked from the Q is good for Quebec. I don't know, but Thomas Jurco is not really a québecois pure-laine IMO. But then again, if you remove all the anglos from the eastern provinces and the euros, there weren't many players from the Q drafted...

But hey, according to the "analysts" we should have drafted Veuilleux instead of Subban and shouldn't have drafted Halakbecause there was some good talent available from the Q.

Just draft the BPA and get the best coach available to win some hockey games!

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:54 AM
ludger

Without the habs rds is out of business, probably 90% of the rds viewers are hab fans yet rds did not even bother to analyse any hab draft picks except Archambeault and Beaulieu. Seems like a little disrespect to all Hab fans. If RDS ever lose Habs broadcast I will close my subscription.

ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
What pissed me off the most is how RDS still had "Huberdeau sous le soleil!" on the front page hours after Beaulieu was picked. Pathetic.
Beaulieu doesn't speak fluent french. Result ? They're talking more about Archambault than Beaulieu.

Zaide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
EVERY sport station in the world focus on local athletes. It's completely ridiculous to complain about RDS for doing that. Have you watch the TSN stories about the NBA draft? Half of it was about the canadians drafted in the 1st round.....

For the draft coverage RDS don't really have anyone to talk about the prospects so surely the draft is quite a pain to watch. It's the only day of the year where they could use some people that focus on international scouting, can't blame them for not hiring any. Still it was the 2nd best coverage in the world

I watched it on TSN and i was with a friend that does'nt speak english at all, if you watched it on RDS just to come here and cry about it you have no one but youself to blame.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post

He has no soul, he's just a ginger

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:47 PM
DudeDuder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Pierre McGuire knows more about the Q players than Stephane Leroux. Even Bob McKenzie knows more than Stephane in the Q. RDS reporters act like the players from the Q are all going to become superstars and that in the lower picks, the Habs should draft them instead of other europeans or NA. Damn it, I'm a Q fan, but sometimes you've got to let the scouting staff do their job, a much better job than just "hearing" about the Q players. I've watched the last part of the RDS coverage and if you did too, you would know that when Leroux and Gelinas talked to Therrien and Flynn, they were joking how Timmins wouldn't face the media(them) to comment about the Canadiens picks and how they wouldn't know anything if Timmins wouldn't comment. It is really annoying to see such a poor team covering the draft. Yes, Flynn and Therrien all are implicated in the QMJHL, but they should be able to know a lot more about the Q players and even more the others. I'm ready to bet that Leroux doesn't know a thing about the other CHLers prospects from the WHL and OHL and he's just watching and reading their description on TSN or NHL.com
I disagree. Leroux works for a station where the typical viewer only cares about the Habs, the Q and the odd Taylor Hall or Nugent-Hopkins, so of course he's going to focus on that league in particular. And I'm pretty sure that McGuire or McKenzie only knows a lot about the top prospects of the Q like Huberdeau or Couturier, I would be very surprised if they could talk extensively about the players from a team without a surefire prospect.

I'm not defending RDS, they suck, but I think that Leroux does a pretty good job when it comes to covering the QMJHL on TV or on the radio.

DudeDuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 02:25 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
He has no soul, he's just a ginger
That we can agree

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

I didn't see him play enough, but is Beaulieu really alike Gorges in the way he plays ? (Norman Flynn)

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 03:34 PM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
I didn't see him play enough, but is Beaulieu really alike Gorges in the way he plays ? (Norman Flynn)
As far as I know, nop...Do not listen to Normand Flynn or Gaston Therrien (NEVER ).

I do not get the hate for Leroux. He knows his things concerning LHJMQ, and I think he's Ok with CHL. Hating him because he's fat, that's just retarded. I don't mind not giving info on Euro prospect newly drafted, most of us couldn't give great info come draft time.

Best thing to do IMO is, watch first round on tv for the "excitement", then go on NHL.com for the rest of the draft, stop baby-crying and find the info for yourself.

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 04:32 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
If he's another Gorges, he's not a 1st round material.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Joe Cole

I was with my in-laws all day, so we watched the draft on RDS.

That, my friends, is what they call amateur hour. Crediblity is of no importance at RDS.

Besides Joel Bouchard, I cannot say I have ever heard an original thought, or learned something about hockey on RDS. And after years of being frustrated with it, I just gave up and accepted the fact that they will never have a quality broadcast, and mark my words.... competition from another Quebec based sports network will not improve RDS either.

99.9% of people are happy with what they get from RDS. No need to change.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote