HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Terry Jones thinks it will not be a success

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-24-2004, 10:30 AM
  #1
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Terry Jones thinks it will not be a success

He really blasts the idea of long term success for the Roadrunners in Edmonton. Like most of us he thinks it will have success while a lockout is on.

Sorry - No link yet.

1. He thinks the Oilers and Patrick Laforge are speaking with a forked toungue. He thinks they only plan to have the team here one year. It obviously wouldn't be politically correct to say. "We are going to take advantage of the impending lockout to bring the team here".

-He may have a point there, can't say that thought didn't cross my mind.

2. This is minor league hockey and there is no way they average 10,000 a game. He used pre-season hockey as a comparsion. 4,000 season tickets don't show up for that and it is better hockey.

-I don't think it will average 10,000 after the lockout either, but did Laforge say it has to average 10,000 to keep the team here? No, he said he hoped it would average 10,000. I also think AHL is better than pre-season hockey. Pre-season hockey doesn't count in the standings. I really don't think that comparision is valid.

3. Market saturation - The teams would be competing against each other for fans and he uses the Calgary situation is an example. Calgarys attendance has dropped since they had the Hitmen.

- That to me is valid. I know for this year it will be no problem, they may average more than 10,000. Can they co-exist? I know as a season-ticket holder I don't think I can support both unless they make the AHL a very cheap add-on and if I have to choose both I will choose the NHL.

There are many that can't afford the NHL, and this is the market they are shooting for. But what about the holder that goes to 7 Oiler games a year, will be now go to four and then more Roadrunner games?

4. He complains about about the 20.00 ticket price? - Come on how much is a movie?

5. Double-Headers won't work, he says that people think the NHL is already too long, why would they go to two games?

-I believe attendance will drop for those games, but if there is an NHL season that will happen only 7 times. Not a big deal IMO.

6. Schedule - No way they can juggle the schedule with two teams and the brier in March.
-Um, Northlands has already said it made everything work. Earth calling Mr. Jones, have you ever heard of a Road game? I actually laughed on how stupid that point actually was.

This point actually make me :mad:. He says if the owners collapse and the CBA doesn't work at least there is already an AHL team in Edmonton. He says that is the negative side. Low-blow and way to take a shot at Edmonton. Does he actually live here? Does he actually care about this city? I know you write this to get a response and sell papers but sometimes you have to show some class, and that last paragraph was classless and not worthy of a good writer. SHAME ON YOU, Mr. Jones. :mad:

Sorry no link yet and I have to vent.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 10:42 AM
  #2
speeds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 6,823
vCash: 500
I can't say I particularly disagree that it won't work here.

EDM likes to think of itself as a hockey town, but I would guess it's more of an NHL town that most would like to think. We'll see, if they can squeeze Stoll and Hemsky in , that might really help attndence with the strong Oilers player connection, though there's already the obvious connection of EDM being the parent club to the Roadrunners

speeds is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 10:44 AM
  #3
speeds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 6,823
vCash: 500
one thing they'll have to try and avoid scheduling, IMO, is Roadrunners home games when the Oilers play on the road, especially if the game's on TV. I wouln't count on great attendance those nights.

There's no way to completely avoid that scenario, but they really should try to minimize it.

speeds is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 11:01 AM
  #4
McJadeddog
Registered User
 
McJadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 12,196
vCash: 500
i cant see how this will work either to be honest..... double headers?? are you serious?? and oiler road games that are televised vs. roadrunner home games will DESTROY the roadrunners gate ..... i still think a city like saskatoon would be a perfect place..... the oilers have a remarkably large fan base in saskatoon (and saskatchewan in general) to fraw from ..... hell, its only 4 hours away, so edmontonians could make bus trips and such as well

*editors note* i am very biased in this as i live in regina, and would prolly go to 5-10 games a year if the roadrunners went to saskatoon

McJadeddog is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 11:13 AM
  #5
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
I can't say I particularly disagree that it won't work here.

EDM likes to think of itself as a hockey town, but I would guess it's more of an NHL town that most would like to think. We'll see, if they can squeeze Stoll and Hemsky in , that might really help attndence with the strong Oilers player connection, though there's already the obvious connection of EDM being the parent club to the Roadrunners
I agreed with many of his points as you saw, but some of his points were very stupid and not very well thought out.

I also have my doubts whether this city can support two teams but if I had tickets for both and the Oilers were on the road I would use my Bell Express Vu to tape the Oilers game and watch it later.

Not that everyone has that option and that point of course is very valid.

Another positive is the team will develop a following if the Oilers are locked out, really any team needs time to develop a following and the Roadrunners will most likely have a leg up in that area.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 11:35 AM
  #6
HarryStrand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Here is a link to the Terry Jones column:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Edmont...24/555218.html

I thought this was one of Mr. Jones' better columns in recent years, although perhaps he did sprinkle a little too much cynicism into this.

I've lived in Edmonton long enough to remember when the Edmonton Flyers left town, which means I've seen about two dozen different professional sports franchises come and go through this city. (And, no, most of them did not leave because of poor support from Edmonton fans. The reasons have always been geography, bad business planning, and/or really dumb marketing.) The Eskimos since 1949 and the Oilers since 1972 are the only teams that have stood the test of time .

I still like to call myself an optimist, though. The AHL does have a few things going for it that can make the Roadrunners something to get people in this city excited. Let's not write of this rather interesting little team project just yet.

For one thing, Pat LaForge and the people surrounding him are the best marketers and promoters that this city has ever had in the pro sports ranks, and by a huge margin. They made a few mistakes early on when first replacing Glen Sather and his close group, but they have done things right and done the right things to market the Oilers, hockey, and this city in the last four years.

The Oilers came out right at the start and said the Roadrunners plan to stay and give this venture full support, not a one-year shot. This is a HUGE difference from when the Chenowyth's started up the WHL team here in the late 1990's. Their plan all along was to supplant the Oilers, and they did nothing but sit back and wait for the Oilers to fold. The worst thing sports franchises within a market can do is butt heads against each other. Unless a team comes in to complement the sports landscape in a city rather than compete with what is already there, it is doomed.

I think even the summertime buzz about the team coming to Edmonton might get some new fans or people who simply cannot afford to watch the Oilers in person stirred up.

Certainly a lot of people were preparing themseleves for no hockey this winter, and now there will be something to look forward to even if the NHL shuts down. This gets the Roadrunners off to a flying start, and I think the AHL product is that good that a number of people will come to like it a lot. (How many people attend a movie on any given winter night in Edmonton? How many Edmontonians are watching a Flames or TSN out-of-market game on a winter evening that might be persuaded to get off the couch and go see a game live? If the Roadrunners can divert 2 % of the movie goers or renters and 4 % of the hockey-watching couch potatoes, they have a snowball's chance.)

I also think that places like Edmonton really care about up and coming players. Just look at how active this section of the internet is (although I realize many of the people who are make regular posts are not local). There are a lot of people here who have been following kids like Jeff Deslauriers since the minute the Oilers drafted him. It will be worthwhile driving down or taking the train to Rexall Place and seeing what the future Oilers look like, just like it has been a real treat to go down to the river valley in the summer and watch future MLB players for the last couple of decades.

I think the hockey fans in this city really have to buy into what The Roadrunners have to offer. It isn't the NHL, so let's not be constantly comparing the Roadrunners to the way the NHL is run.

HarryStrand is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 12:27 PM
  #7
O.T.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
I think the Roadrunners will definatly be a success this year! Hardcore hockey fans will go to the games to watch the Oilers top prospects, while they also tap into the market of families that can't afford to go to Oilers games but would go watch the Roadrunners at an affordable price.

I do think though that the maximum amount of time the Roadrunners are in Edmonton will be 2 years, although personally believe that they will be here just one season. That way the Oilers are still keeping fans happy by giving them hockey to watch, and when the lock-out is over the Oilers move back in and the AHL moves out of Edmonton. I have a feeling the Oilers will move a WHL team in instead, hopefully for next season.

I would love to see the Roadrunners stay, that way I could get easy access to watch the Oilers prospects. And if by some chance they do stay I guess there is no WHL team coming. I just hope that if the Roadrunners move, a WHL team is moved in.


Last edited by O.T.: 07-24-2004 at 12:30 PM.
O.T. is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 01:11 PM
  #8
MrMackey
Registered User
 
MrMackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: cgy
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Howson on the Fan960 in Calgary

Scott Howson was on the Fan 960 in Calgary last night, and I think his comments there were a little different than what he was saying on the Team 1260 (according to spaz's post - as I didn't hear it myself). Basically he said that this was not the optimal situation that the Oilers were wanting, and that they thought Toronto was the proper market for the Roadrunners. It basically came down to them coming up against a deadline imposed by the AHL so they could get the schedule out. But he said this was a contingency that they had prepared for and that they honestly think it could work.

He said they've been looking for a WHL team, and that seemed more ideal, but there was not an opportunity to acquire a team despite all their efforts.

Other highlites:

- On double headers: they've already worked out a solution with the ice people at Rexall, and the ice can be shaved down, remove the wider bluelines and replace the ice in a couple of hours. However if the NHL starts up again and decides not to move the nets back (like the AHL is doing), then they'll have some issues.

- On younger NHL players playing on the team: admitted that guys like Hemsky, Bergeron and Stoll would look good on the team for marketing's sake, but it won't happen. They'll plan to ice the same lineup they would expect to ice in a non-lockout situation.

- He thought they averaged about 4300/night attendance in TO, but thought that 7000-10,000 would be reasonable to expect in Edmonton because of the attachment to the Oiler brand & Oiler prospects in the lineup.

I missed the last bit, so I don't know if he touched on its long term viability.

MrMackey is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 01:24 PM
  #9
MrMackey
Registered User
 
MrMackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: cgy
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
As far as the Terry Jones article and his pessimism. I can't say that I think this article is as misguided as a typical TJ piece, but I think that the Roadrunners will work in the long run.

This is what I think will happen:

A. The Roadrunners will thrive with no NHL next year. 10-12,000 on some nights will likely happen.

B. The NHL will start up again and the Runners' attendance will plummet to the 4-5000 level, but the Oilers attendance will be sky-high because fans will be excited to see the NHL product again & will be much more familiar with the prospects and will be more interested than ever to see how guys like Lynch, Woywitka, etc fair. I honestly believe the average ticket holder knows nothing about these guys, and that the typical poster at HF is in the minority.

C. In the long-term the teams will realize that they need to make sure each team represents a unique product in the consumers' minds. The Roadrunners should be marketed more to: hockey enthusiasts, lower-middle class, students & young families. The Oilers should be marketed to: businesses, NHL enthusiasts, young couples, upper-middle class, & retired folks. Basically the Roadrunners' fan base will be the prospects to become the new Oilers' fan base.

If they fail to distinguish between the two products, then they will probably fail because they will end up cannabalizing each other.

MrMackey is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 01:25 PM
  #10
Frankie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,179
vCash: 500
this is obviously a one-year solution.

the oilers did everything they could to keep the team in toronto. then they exhausted all other areas in southern ontario.

only after all those things failed did they move to edmonton. if this is such a great idea, why was it a last resort?

after a year, they'll move back east, all the while saying it was too costly to have the ahl team in edmonton, so far away from most other ahl teams.

Frankie is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 01:26 PM
  #11
MrMackey
Registered User
 
MrMackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: cgy
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
then they exhausted all other areas in southern ontario.
Where are you getting that from? I have not heard that anywhere else.

MrMackey is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 01:37 PM
  #12
Oi'll say!
Go Flames
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
i cant see how this will work either to be honest..... double headers?? are you serious?? and oiler road games that are televised vs. roadrunner home games will DESTROY the roadrunners gate ..... i still think a city like saskatoon would be a perfect place..... the oilers have a remarkably large fan base in saskatoon (and saskatchewan in general) to fraw from ..... hell, its only 4 hours away, so edmontonians could make bus trips and such as well

*editors note* i am very biased in this as i live in regina, and would prolly go to 5-10 games a year if the roadrunners went to saskatoon
I would have thought that Sask and Regina would have been cool destinations for the Oil and Flames' farm teams too, even though there are already whl teams there.

Between Wpg, Tor, Ham, Sask and Regina there would be a lot of small road trips where they could even take a bus, but leaving from Edm makes that a lot harder to stomach.

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 01:46 PM
  #13
Frankie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
Where are you getting that from? I have not heard that anywhere else.
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...24/554999.html

The club looked at several other options in the Toronto area -- not including the Air Canada Centre or the mothballed Maple Leaf Gardens -- but either the rinks weren't available or didn't meet AHL standards, LaForge said.

if moving to edmonton is such a terrific idea, its strange that they worked so hard to keep it in the toronto/southern ont. area.

Frankie is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 01:52 PM
  #14
MrMackey
Registered User
 
MrMackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: cgy
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...24/554999.html

The club looked at several other options in the Toronto area -- not including the Air Canada Centre or the mothballed Maple Leaf Gardens -- but either the rinks weren't available or didn't meet AHL standards, LaForge said.

if moving to edmonton is such a terrific idea, its strange that they worked so hard to keep it in the toronto/southern ont. area.
Hmm, I still don't see the part about other locations in southern Ontario. Aren't the Gardens and ACC in Toronto too?

Thanks for the link though. I hadn't read that article.

MrMackey is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 01:56 PM
  #15
Frankie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
Hmm, I still don't see the part about other locations in southern Ontario. Aren't the Gardens and ACC in Toronto too?

Thanks for the link though. I hadn't read that article.
it says they did not look at the acc and maple leaf gardens.

it says the toronto area, i'm sure that includes places like brampton, barrie, mississauga.

point remains the same, the oilers apparently worked pretty hard to keep their team in that area.

Frankie is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 02:03 PM
  #16
MrMackey
Registered User
 
MrMackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: cgy
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
it says they did not look at the acc and maple leaf gardens.

it says the toronto area, i'm sure that includes places like brampton, barrie, mississauga.

point remains the same, the oilers apparently worked pretty hard to keep their team in that area.
Ohh, you're right. My mistake there.

Anyway, I agree the team tried to keep the team there & it was their #1 choice. Howson admitted as much. But that does not mean it can't be successful... maybe just less successful.

MrMackey is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 03:02 PM
  #17
Hemsky4PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Billeting Ales
Posts: 6,757
vCash: 500
I can only speak for myself, but I think the Roadrunners will be viable even when the NHL returns. I can definately see them pulling in 8000 regularly for AHL games next season.

I think people forget sometimes the absolutely superior job the Oilers have done the last 5 seasons or so.

Hemsky4PM is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 09:26 PM
  #18
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Jones is an outright idiot if he thinks NHL pre-season hockey is better than AHL hockey.

I hope he is reading this too, because I doubt he has ever seen multiple AHL games in a row to be able to formulate that opinion.

The talent level may be similar, but the play isn't... I can't beleive that clown.

__________________
TheSpecialist - MacT thinks he was that good of a hockey player when in actuality he was no better then a Louie Debrusk.
dawgbone is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 10:58 PM
  #19
blackgold
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I would have thought that Sask and Regina would have been cool destinations for the Oil and Flames' farm teams too, even though there are already whl teams there.

Between Wpg, Tor, Ham, Sask and Regina there would be a lot of small road trips where they could even take a bus, but leaving from Edm makes that a lot harder to stomach.
I think you should browse through an atlas. Between the cities you listed, the only small road trips would be between Saskatoon-Regina, and Toronto-Hamilton.

blackgold is offline  
Old
07-25-2004, 01:44 AM
  #20
Master Lok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,049
vCash: 500
I can see the possibility of 8,000 - 10,000 fans for the lockout season.

Is it so impossible to believe that the Roadrunners might survive longterm going head to head against the Oil? I think that realistically the attendance might drop to 4000 after the lockout. But then compared with the Toronto version, that's pretty much the same deal. (i.e. avg attendance 4600 or so.) Ticket prices were $15/$25/$35.

http://observer.thecentre.centennial...ners020604.htm

The question is, what is the Rexall Place deal with the Oilers? How much does it cost to run a SECOND team in Rexall or is everything already paid for (I guess with the exception of cost of concession supplies and pay for non-salary workers).

Is it reasonable to expect 4,000 fans after the lockout for the RR? And if so, would that be cost effective enough for the Oilers master plan? What if, after the lockout season, the Roadrunners lowers the ticket price to $15, or even $10? Maybe $20 is just the price for the lockout year.

Master Lok is offline  
Old
07-25-2004, 08:17 AM
  #21
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Jones is an outright idiot if he thinks NHL pre-season hockey is better than AHL hockey.

I hope he is reading this too, because I doubt he has ever seen multiple AHL games in a row to be able to formulate that opinion.

The talent level may be similar, but the play isn't... I can't beleive that clown.
Yeah, I picked up on that too. I've seen both: NHL preseason and the AHL. No comparison. The AHL is way superior. The small number of AHL games I saw on The Score and Sportsnet left me wanting for more.

For me, I can very little negatives in this situation. Ultimately, staying southern Ontario would have been the best solution. But I've always been a fan of have the NHL and AHL share a city. I've seen the NHL and OHL work in Ottawa as it does in TO. I don't see why it wouldn't work in Edm.

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
07-25-2004, 08:34 AM
  #22
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,133
vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
He really blasts the idea of long term success for the Roadrunners in Edmonton. Like most of us he thinks it will have success while a lockout is on.

Sorry - No link yet.

1. He thinks the Oilers and Patrick Laforge are speaking with a forked toungue. He thinks they only plan to have the team here one year. It obviously wouldn't be politically correct to say. "We are going to take advantage of the impending lockout to bring the team here".

-He may have a point there, can't say that thought didn't cross my mind.

2. This is minor league hockey and there is no way they average 10,000 a game. He used pre-season hockey as a comparsion. 4,000 season tickets don't show up for that and it is better hockey.

-I don't think it will average 10,000 after the lockout either, but did Laforge say it has to average 10,000 to keep the team here? No, he said he hoped it would average 10,000. I also think AHL is better than pre-season hockey. Pre-season hockey doesn't count in the standings. I really don't think that comparision is valid.

3. Market saturation - The teams would be competing against each other for fans and he uses the Calgary situation is an example. Calgarys attendance has dropped since they had the Hitmen.

- That to me is valid. I know for this year it will be no problem, they may average more than 10,000. Can they co-exist? I know as a season-ticket holder I don't think I can support both unless they make the AHL a very cheap add-on and if I have to choose both I will choose the NHL.

There are many that can't afford the NHL, and this is the market they are shooting for. But what about the holder that goes to 7 Oiler games a year, will be now go to four and then more Roadrunner games?

4. He complains about about the 20.00 ticket price? - Come on how much is a movie?

5. Double-Headers won't work, he says that people think the NHL is already too long, why would they go to two games?

-I believe attendance will drop for those games, but if there is an NHL season that will happen only 7 times. Not a big deal IMO.

6. Schedule - No way they can juggle the schedule with two teams and the brier in March.
-Um, Northlands has already said it made everything work. Earth calling Mr. Jones, have you ever heard of a Road game? I actually laughed on how stupid that point actually was.

This point actually make me :mad:. He says if the owners collapse and the CBA doesn't work at least there is already an AHL team in Edmonton. He says that is the negative side. Low-blow and way to take a shot at Edmonton. Does he actually live here? Does he actually care about this city? I know you write this to get a response and sell papers but sometimes you have to show some class, and that last paragraph was classless and not worthy of a good writer. SHAME ON YOU, Mr. Jones. :mad:

Sorry no link yet and I have to vent.
As an outsider, I agree, this guy is a blithering idiot.

I would love if the Phantoms and Flyers played a double header in Philly if it were to happen.

GKJ is offline  
Old
07-25-2004, 07:17 PM
  #23
Matts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
Yep

there's no place in Edmonton for dissenting opinons, I can damn well tell you that!!!!!

I don't think it's gonna work either but it's from the perspective that the people in Edm are already doing a lot to keep the Oilers here.

I just don't know how much there is to give.

Matts is offline  
Old
07-25-2004, 07:41 PM
  #24
Elvis Lives
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
As an outsider, I agree, this guy is a blithering idiot.

I would love if the Phantoms and Flyers played a double header in Philly if it were to happen.
As an outsider . . . you're wrong. Jones take on the two-team situation is completely legit. You can agree or disagree, but there's nothing about what he wrote that makes him a blithering idiot, bub.

Columnists have opinions. That's how it works. By the way, did you read your last sentence before submitting your post. Jones is the BI?

Elvis Lives is offline  
Old
07-25-2004, 07:57 PM
  #25
MrMackey
Registered User
 
MrMackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: cgy
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Lives
As an outsider . . . you're wrong. Jones take on the two-team situation is completely legit. You can agree or disagree, but there's nothing about what he wrote that makes him a blithering idiot, bub.

Columnists have opinions. That's how it works. By the way, did you read your last sentence before submitting your post. Jones is the BI?
Whoa, are you related to Terry Jones by any chance?

This guy was in no way disrespectful to anyone here. I don't know what your problem is.

MrMackey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.