The Realignment Thread: Stars to "Division B"

Old
12-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
looking forward to the Wild competing with you guys as rivals in the future!
Win in Dallas, then you can become a rival (might as well get started)

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Sports
bedroom eyes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
See you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
It was fun while it lasted. Good luck
I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you...to make the finals so we can knock you out of the playoffs again.

EDIT: I referred to the team as, "we".

I've broken my own rule; I wasn't even thinking.
I'm going to go lie down now.

Last edited by Sports: 12-06-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Modano Fan

vCash: 500
Wow, looking forward to next season. Great for the Stars organisation. Not to mention the slightly earlier game-time for us European Stars-fans. Woohoo!

Modano Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 08:43 AM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Thing is, Western/Eastern thing is completely out of the picture.

So could easily have a Vancouver vs Detroit Cup Final.
Id kill myself

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
Id kill myself
You and numerous other people. It was bad enough having to cheer for Boston last year.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:01 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Words can't describe how excited and thrilled I am for next year! I absolutely love everything about the new realignment and our new conference (if it stands). Home and home against every team (Stars will now come to Montreal every year for sure now), earlier starts, old rivalries I never lived because I was too young to live those old Central division rivals. This is turning out to be one of the best years for the Stars franchise and it's fans since moving to Dallas (new owner who actually cares and has a passion for hockey and the city of Dallas, finally getting out of the Pacific). All we need now to make it a even better year is to get retro alternates before the 12/13 season (bring back green) and if we make the playoffs and have a good run.

Hawks - Awesome to have them in our division, always love playing them. I can see us becoming a rival
Wings - Do I really have to say anything about them? To have two original six teams in our division is pretty sick, and Stars-Wings rivalry may come back again, Wings/Stars is probably one of my favourite matchups to watch because I hate Detroit so much.
Wilds - This could become a big rivalry, I'm very excited to be in the same division as the Wilds. I can see us having a lot of classic games together, TBH this is one of the teams I'm most excited to be sharing a division with because of the whole "North Stars" and how Minnesota hates us for taking their team away in the early 90's. I can't wait! Out of all the 7 teams in our conference, I believe Minny will be our number 1 rival soon.
Jets/Preds/Blues - Looking forward to playing these guys, although it's nothing to special i'm sure will have classic games with them and maybe build a rivalry with one of them considering we have a history with all three of these teams.
Jackets - eh

TBH I'm excited about sharing a division with all these teams (besides the Jackets, they're nothing special ATM, but who knows, they may prove me wrong).

If I had to put in order of the teams i'm most excited to be in the same division with it will look like this
Wings
Minny
Hawks
Blues
Preds
Jets
Jackets

Last edited by MB94: 12-06-2011 at 09:13 AM.
MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Having any rival right now would be an improvement. The Kings/Ducks/Sharks/Coyotes have made for some great games but I don't feel like any of them are truly rivals. Maybe the Sharks but from a playoff series back in 2008? I hate the Ducks and will forever hate them. But I don't even consider them that big of a rival right now.

Out of these new teams, I think Nashville has a huge chance to become a big rival. Granted, I'm still not over the Tootoo incident so that might be why I don't like them still.

Detroit and Chicago games are always heated. Obviously, the Wings will always be a big thing in Dallas as they are everywhere they go. But the Hawk games definitely have picked up to that level ever since they returned from the depths. We've had great, physical games against Columbus the past couple of years, and they always seem to play well against us.

St. Louis is always a team we have had a thing against. They have a great fan base and their teams are always ones that give us trouble (even with our recent dominance over them). Now with them having a considerably bigger ex-Dallas flavor to their teams, I can see that picking up big time.

Minnesota has always had a potential to be big for the sole reason of the history of our franchise. A playoff series or two could REALLY put some hatred into our match ups. I wish I could hate them after our last game of the year last season...but yea...our team decided not to even show up that day.

Winnipeg, just being a Canadian team, will have a thing about them. They're meh right now, outside of being the new/old team and being Canadian. But things could change, just look at how our Edmonton rivalry went.

Either way, it'll be fun for all. I'm ready for next season to start already! Only way this division could get better (from a potentially fun/rivalry stand point) is if Houston got an expansion team, and Winnipeg/Columbus were moved out to make room for them.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Looking forward to having the Stars as a rival. Here's to many playoff moments that breed a deep hatred of each other

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 09:45 AM
phil7488
RIP Lokomotiv

I wonder what this new alignment will do for us in terms of possibly getting us into a winter classic game in the near future. Minnesota seems like a good match up for us.

phil7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 10:02 AM
phil7488
RIP Lokomotiv

BTW, LOL at the Red Wings fans on their board calling the new conference "boring". I guess hockey is boring for them.

phil7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 10:04 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Good to see that both of our franchise got out of their current divisions. Seems really refreshing, eh?

Anyway, a lot of us are still bitter that you guys have our history/squad so I believe for fans we'll always likely have that part of us deep down that will not care for that. We'll see if any of that carries over to the actual teams, though. Regardless, general sentiment on our end is that we're happy to be pitted against the former squad many still adore here.

Here's looking forward to a fun future.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Eskimo Spy
Where's Bench?

I'm very happy. I wish this started immediately.

Eskimo Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Stars View Post
Looks like we got our wish!

Can't for the increased Stars games here in the phone booth!

Smelling Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:25 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Just stopped by to say how awesome it is for Minnesota to be back in the old Norris where it belongs...can't say I have any love for your squad (for obvious reasons)...also glad to see the old division style playoffs are back to breed intense rivalries...looking forward to the Wild competing with you guys as rivals in the future!
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Good to see that both of our franchise got out of their current divisions. Seems really refreshing, eh?

Anyway, a lot of us are still bitter that you guys have our history/squad so I believe for fans we'll always likely have that part of us deep down that will not care for that. We'll see if any of that carries over to the actual teams, though. Regardless, general sentiment on our end is that we're happy to be pitted against the former squad many still adore here.

Here's looking forward to a fun future.
It really is crazy that what should be one of the most natural rivalries in the league has never been given a chance to develop.

Between having an owner and this realignment I kind of just want to fast-forward to next season. Watch us go on a big playoff run now that I've said that.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil7488 View Post
BTW, LOL at the Red Wings fans on their board calling the new conference "boring". I guess hockey is boring for them.
I can't completely disagree with them. Minnesota and Columbus aren't what I would consider to be exciting teams.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:45 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil7488 View Post
A lot of them aren't happy unless they are playing the original six all the time.

Too Bad!

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you...to make the finals so we can knock you out of the playoffs again.

EDIT: I referred to the team as, "we".

I've broken my own rule; I wasn't even thinking.
I'm going to go lie down now.

I'm a Kings fan. So, uh, good luck with that

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Sports
bedroom eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I'm a Kings fan. So, uh, good luck with that
The North Stars beat the Kings 4-3 in the '68 Quarterfinals, which was the only time the two franchises have ever met in the post-season.

No, I didn't know that when I had posted, and yes, I did get that from Wikipedia.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:50 PM
BeaverSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
I can't completely disagree with them. Minnesota and Columbus aren't what I would consider to be exciting teams.
Wasn't Minnesota first overall earlier this week?

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Arpi3080
Everybody be cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherko View Post
Wow, looking forward to next season. Great for the Stars organisation. Not to mention the slightly earlier game-time for us European Stars-fans. Woohoo!
That is really great for us, the oversea fans.

One of my friends is a Preds fan, so next season we will see us six times.

Maybe with Suter or Weber in our lineup!

Arpi3080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:54 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
The North Stars beat the Kings 4-3 in the '68 Quarterfinals, which was the only time the two franchises have ever met in the post-season.

No, I didn't know that when I had posted, and yes, I did get that from Wikipedia.
That information is available in our history thread.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
Wasn't Minnesota first overall earlier this week?
They might win games, but that doesn't mean that they are entertaining to watch.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
They are riding some crazy hot goalies, one of which is now injured for a bit.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Sports
bedroom eyes

I thought this was very cool...

Hey @DallasStars, we'll miss you. #Realignment
-@LAKings

Old
12-06-2011, 04:17 PM