HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

inside locked..

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2004, 11:05 AM
sevil

vCash: 500
inside locked..

closing of the inside info...as posted from the director of player personnel.. trevor is from my golf course and all was from his mouth. as i posted many times in the past i dont post bull sh t and if you took the time to realize who the he ll i was maybe you would have had a clue.. so i might have to read the rules but maybe you should keep up.. red eye

sevil ticked off.

Old
07-24-2004, 11:10 AM
db23

All the stuff you said seemed pretty reasonable. No big surprises there. I can't understand why it was closed.....

Old
07-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
we talkin about the other post which a user spoke about inside info and player development right?

Old
07-24-2004, 12:59 PM
bopeep

wish I knew

Old
07-24-2004, 03:12 PM
Marchy79

I actually was very interested to hear what was posted in the locked thread.

The big surprise to me was the fact that Dowd is still a possibility of being brought back (I thought they were done with him). I like Jimmy (Bricks) Dowd, and think he brings very good veteran presence, as well as a solid defensive game...

Kovalev I thought the same as what was mentioned (not getting a bunch of bites, and I hope he does the right thing, and signs with us )

Perezhogin has an outside chance of making the big squad this year, but it's understandable if they told him to play the year in Russia (due to the fact, he'd still have to face an NHL suspension when he arrived due to the partial agreement b/tween AHL and the NHL. Between him, Higgins and Hossa, they all received praise for their 03-04 season by Andre Savard, Sasha will make a better go of it getting a full season of game situation back home, I just hope that he sticks to the same game he was learning over here in NA.

Old
07-24-2004, 04:23 PM
sevil

i think the post was closed because the moderator was out of the fuing loop and didnt know that i posted several times that i am an associate of trevors. neways he pi'sd me off by closing it. on the side when i asked about zhogin he said russia, terrible person to make an example of, so good but has to go back to russia.. i asked about the wha and he said it would be up to him but doubts thats a viable option.. still to actually start.

he was really impressed with lock and andrei.

read this quick b4 it gets closed.

sevil.

Old
07-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil
i think the post was closed because the moderator was out of the fuing loop and didnt know that i posted several times that i am an associate of trevors. neways he pi'sd me off by closing it. on the side when i asked about zhogin he said russia, terrible person to make an example of, so good but has to go back to russia.. i asked about the wha and he said it would be up to him but doubts thats a viable option.. still to actually start.

sevil.
Yeah

By all accounts, I am very pleased to hear Corey Locke is developing well, His talent has been overshadowed by his lack of size, and foot speed. If he makes it however, I feel he will be a very invaluable addition to this team in the not so far off future.

As for AK-47, It's been said he was ready as early as last year... I wouldn't be surprised if he was the rare rookie that could actually make the team (However, only if we miss out on re-signing Kovalev, I know they are trying hard to keep him here, but I guess it will ultimately come down to a question of Kovalev wanting to stick around (I hear his wife would prefer to stay in the NY region).
In all honesty however, if he were to sign here, he would be heralded as the second coming :lol

Old
07-24-2004, 04:39 PM
bopeep

Thanks sevil

Old
07-24-2004, 05:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Well it's more of a no brainer that Locke will be in Hamilton, as a 2 time OHL scoring champ and CHL player of the year, he's got nothing to learn. I'm more interested in what they will do with Urquhart, Flood and Ryan Glenn. It seems like a waste to send Urquhart to the Q, as he won't get more physical there, imo. Flood I would like to see in Hamilton as well, the only concern I have is his lack of physical play and lack of strength. He did look bigger at camp, and what a great skater with a nice shot from the point. Glenn I just hope they give him a shot either in the ECHL (more likely) or Hamilton.

Old
07-24-2004, 05:15 PM
db23

Urquhart won't go back to the Q. He has played four seasons there already, and hasn't progressed much. I think he had 50 points as a 16 year old and 70 odd as a 19 year old. There is no point in forcing him back another year. I think they will sign him and convert him to left wing in all probability. Flood is more likely to return to junior since he has just played 3 seasons and has improved each year. He could be a dominant defenceman there next season. Glenn will follow Shasby on the chart if he is signed, but it is more liely that they would spend the money on a free agent from another organization.

Old
07-24-2004, 05:27 PM
not quite yoda

With all due respect sevil, even if you did talk to Timmins, what prooves to us that you are an "associate" of his as you say? I could just as easily say that I am Savard's associate and this would be totally bogus. Not saying that you aren't... just that you have nothing to back it up.

Anyways. Dan (Montreal), I would appreciate if you could fill us in on what you think will likely be the Hamilton defense core this season. Not what you would like (ex:Flood) but what will most likely be the case, given that there will likely be no NHL this fall.

Would Hainsey and Beaucheminb definitly be back in the AHL? Cote? Vydareny? Archer in the ECHL or the AHL? Would there be a chance of Komisarek going back down (as his 2 way contract is still valid)? etc... etc...

Old
07-24-2004, 05:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Anyways. Dan (Montreal), I would appreciate if you could fill us in on what you think will likely be the Hamilton defense core this season. Not what you would like (ex:Flood) but what will most likely be the case, given that there will likely be no NHL this fall.

Would Hainsey and Beaucheminb definitly be back in the AHL? Cote? Vydareny? Archer in the ECHL or the AHL? Would there be a chance of Komisarek going back down (as his 2 way contract is still valid)? etc... etc...

It's hard to say what will happen, no one really knows. Dykhuis is a guy I would be surprised to see back in Hamilton, but they could use his experience. I would assume Dallas sends one or two defensemen, although I have no idea who. As for the NHL lock out, it's anyones guess. I don't think they will let Komisarek play, as I would think if there's a lock out there would be a limit on how many NHL games someone played in this year, but that is just a guess.

Beauchemin is a tough call, I'd say it's between him and Hainsey for the 7th spot in Hamilton, with Hainsey getting the edge, although based on their play this year, Beauchemin was Hamilton's #1 defensemen this year and last year as well.

Who will be in Hamilton. Archer should have a full-time roster spot imo. Plante has a team option, don't know if Savard will pick him up, but I assume he would. Cote hopefully is picked up by the Habs. Vydareny will be there as well. Ivantas I think can play both LW and D but I'm not sure, don't know if they will do with him yet. Carpentier can do this as well, but I wonder if he will be back or not. Shasby, Flood, Glenn should get a look I would think. Magnan I would be surprised if he got a shot.

Leaving a possible lineup of,

Beauchemin Archer
Cote Flood
Shasby Vydareny

Although I would assume another experienced defensemen is used in the top four, as that defense has 3 players with little to no AHL experience.

Old
07-24-2004, 05:44 PM
not quite yoda

IMO O'byrne is already ready to crack that lineup. Too bad he's going back to school. I have great hopes for the kid.

If there is no NHL, wouldn't Hainsey go back to the AHL with Beauchemin?

Old
07-24-2004, 05:57 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Urquhart won't go back to the Q. He has played four seasons there already, and hasn't progressed much. I think he had 50 points as a 16 year old and 70 odd as a 19 year old. There is no point in forcing him back another year. I think they will sign him and convert him to left wing in all probability. Flood is more likely to return to junior since he has just played 3 seasons and has improved each year. He could be a dominant defenceman there next season. Glenn will follow Shasby on the chart if he is signed, but it is more liely that they would spend the money on a free agent from another organization.

I agree sending Urquhart back to the Q is a waste, he had 49 pts his rookie year, then struggled the next season with 35 points was moved to the rocket at mid season I believe, then had 78 points last year playing with Ryan Clowe. This year he and Lambert were the major factors of the rocket's offense, as they often carried the team. I also could see the Habs moving Urquhart to wing. He played RW some this year, and isn't that strong in the face-off circle, so it would make some sense. I hope he's in Hamilton, it would be good for him and Lambert as they have good chemistry.

Flood is coming off a big year in the OHL, perhaps the most improved player in the league and one of the top scoring defensemen in the league as well. Hopefully with a good camp he gets a shot, as I'd like to see him in the AHL going back to the OHL seems like a waste, as Peterbourgh should be better next year, but still not very good, thus he would be mostly padding his offensive numbers mostly.

Glenn might not be signed, as he is not as skilled as Shasby but is more steady/safe in his own end then Shasby. If signed I would expect him be in the ECHL, but I just hope they give him a shot for depth.

Old
07-24-2004, 05:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
IMO O'byrne is already ready to crack that lineup. Too bad he's going back to school. I have great hopes for the kid.

If there is no NHL, wouldn't Hainsey go back to the AHL with Beauchemin?

I'd say there's no way O'Byrne is ready for the AHL, he's too raw in his own end. It should be good for him to go back to Cornell next year, and I would guess he would play another year if not all three years, although I would think management will look at what he does this year with Cornell.

Who knows if they will do waivers this year, but if there's no AHL I would guess he'll be back in Hamilton.

Old
07-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Leaving a possible lineup of,

Beauchemin Archer
Cote Flood
Shasby Vydareny

Although I would assume another experienced defensemen is used in the top four, as that defense has 3 players with little to no AHL experience.
Hopefully that other experienced D can be brought over from Dallas. Does anyone know how the Stars are treating this deal the habs have cut with them? Is it just a spot for them to put prospects, or are they looking at it as a great chance to develop players? Should we be expecting their best?

Old
07-24-2004, 08:13 PM
All-Star

Quote:
closing of the inside info...as posted from the director of player personnel.. trevor is from my golf course and all was from his mouth. as i posted many times in the past i dont post bull sh t and if you took the time to realize who the he ll i was maybe you would have had a clue.. so i might have to read the rules but maybe you should keep up.. red eye

sevil ticked off.
You have to understand that there have been many liars on these boards claiming to have inside info, and the rules were put in place to prevent false rumors and stories from getting out. The mod was absolutely right to do what he did.

Hell, even Bob McKenzie had to prove his credentials to the higher ups before he was allowed to post as himself...

Old
07-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Wildbeliefs

I'm extremely surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet... what happened to the posting guidelines? Thrown out the window? Sevil, not only do you circumvent the language filters with things like "bull sh t" and "fuing", but you also attack the moderator in two consecutive posts.

Sorry to be a party-pooper here, but is it so hard to post what you have to say in a non-offensive way? I really enjoy reading the posts here and hate it when the forum is tarnished with stuff like this.

Old
07-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:

sevil.
You write/talk like a 12 year old kid. Since when does Trevor associate himself with 12 year old kids who know nothing of punctuation or grammar. Lock this thread if only for the bad grammar.

Old
07-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
You write/talk like a 12 year old kid. Since when does Trevor associate himself with 12 year old kids who know nothing of punctuation or grammar. Lock this thread if only for the bad grammar.
Maybe he's french...In know that Timmins is english but he can speak french. I'm kind of 50/50 with Sevil. He can be is associated but I dought it(why would he have an associate) but by what he said(wich make sence), maybe he's an associate...

Old
07-25-2004, 11:43 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:

sevil ticked off.

It comes down to this "sevil", you have no way to prove that you in anyway are associated with anyone. These rules are here for a reason, to prevent people exactly like you (I am not saying you are lying, that is a seperate issue) coming in here and making up garbage.

Anyone of us can come in here and say we a neighbours with George Gillett's 2nd cousin twice removed, but we don't, because 1, we know the rules, and 2, anyone with half a brain stem can realize that 98% of the time it's complete bull sh**. There is simply not enough important people in the Habs organization to go around.

It is so easy just to write it a different way, just put "I think" in front of your sentences, you don't need to feel like you need to impress us with your all-to-important "connections".

On a seperate issue. If you did know Timmins or whoever the hell you said, and in fact you ARE realying important facts to us. You are opening him up to a world of problems, perhaps even putting his career in jeopardy.

Old
07-25-2004, 12:01 PM
db23

It isn't like sevil is getting paid for posting here, what is the problem? If you doubt his information just ignore it. I for one think it is legitimate and would hate to see the guy driven away becuase he can't come up with an official letter of recommendation from the Canadiens front office.

Old
07-25-2004, 12:06 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
It isn't like sevil is getting paid for posting here, what is the problem? If you doubt his information just ignore it. I for one think it is legitimate and would hate to see the guy driven away becuase he can't come up with an official letter of recommendation from the Canadiens front office.

umm, for the 1000th time...."IT'S AGAINST THE RULES!"

Old
07-25-2004, 12:41 PM
justicex

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
umm, for the 1000th time...."IT'S AGAINST THE RULES!"
as 90% of the population in Quebec is driving over the limit on highways ( its a fact )

and that a high % of the population is smoking pots.

::Wave Freedom of Speech flag

Old
07-25-2004, 03:00 PM
sevil

Well. Sorry for starting such a stir. I actually did start this thread as a rant against the moderator and for no other purpose. I wrote it quickly and in anger and had full intentions of having it locked very quickly. I appreciate the fact that it hasn't been locked (yet). For those who felt it necessary to make it personnal and analyse me as a being it is you who showed your true colors and made a fool of yourself while trying to make an example of me. Trevor and I are both from Arnprior, we play golf together. I know his wife and his new baby, and wish them both well. As stated by another poster it is against the rules, and you can do what you want with the information. I am not predicting and suggesting just passing info on. I also don't post to impress as was implied, I do not know any of you nor will I ever and thus I really have no desire to make an impression. Block me from your list, but if you go back you will see that I have made no lavendish promises or predictions. I attended the rookie tournament last year in ottawa and for the semi finals sat in the front of the box with entire organization. including Gilette and Gainey. anyone else who attended might remember me being there.

to the moderator, i appreciate the fact that this was left open (so far) and i extend an apolgy to you, a hectic cursed day was directed towards an undeserving party. So Sorry and promise to follow the rules as close as i can from this day forward.

You know what I know.

SEvillives

Closed Thread