HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Oshawa Generals 2011-12 Season Thread

Old
10-27-2011, 02:34 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
just noticed that star forward Christian Thomas gets 10 games for an errant high stick

League discipline is a joke,fans dont pay 18-20 dollars a tickets to see star players

missing because of accidental incidents

Its gonna get worse folks league personnel are out of touch

hockeylegend11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 09:30 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
just noticed that star forward Christian Thomas gets 10 games for an errant high stick

League discipline is a joke,fans dont pay 18-20 dollars a tickets to see star players

missing because of accidental incidents

Its gonna get worse folks league personnel are out of touch
Unfortunately this was not an accident, it was deliberate and intentional, 10 games is the norm now, see you in a month Christian.

seen em all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:51 PM
pelts35.com

Are Generals tickets easy to get on gameday? I'm coming up the week after Xmas and will be attending game on Wednesday the 28th against Erie.

Thanks.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 02:19 PM
ohler

tickets

there should be know problem getting tickets for the Generals, you can pick them up at the box office just before game time

ohler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 12:02 PM
tmp4000*

Whats wrong with the Gens this season? They need to get rid of Thomas and rebuild.

tmp4000* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 02:48 PM
OSA

No they don't, they need to get serious and address their needs on defense and in goal.

The trade for Altschuller was just dumb. The window to "go for it" is this year and next. The Generals should be looking at Owen Sound for Stajcer and one of their '92 defensemen (probably Petgrave). If that requires trading Altschuller along the way then so be it.

Valentine not returning was unexpected and hurt but the forward group is among the best in the league.

Add!! Don't sell!!

OSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:12 PM
saska sault

I know the Gens were missing 2 of their top 3 scorers, but I really dont see why they would go for it this year... Why not go next year, when its a lot of guys last years? Giving up a bunch for Stajer and d-man who wont be around next year, when your team is under performing seems like a crazy move for any GM to make.

saska sault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:46 AM
seen em all

Burn it to the ground (Nickel Back)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saska sault View Post
I know the Gens were missing 2 of their top 3 scorers, but I really dont see why they would go for it this year... Why not go next year, when its a lot of guys last years? Giving up a bunch for Stajer and d-man who wont be around next year, when your team is under performing seems like a crazy move for any GM to make.
The gens have to get rid of under achieving stars ( Thomas, Jenssen, Andreoff, Lessio) and their defence is non existent Maggio, Hope, Quinn,Sullentrop,McDowell, need I say more, and goaltending is scary. Burn it to the ground, this season is a total write off.

Old
01-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
The gens have to get rid of under achieving stars ( Thomas, Jenssen, Andreoff, Lessio) and their defence is non existent Maggio, Hope, Quinn,Sullentrop,McDowell, need I say more, and goaltending is scary. Burn it to the ground, this season is a total write off.
Ya get rid of Jensen where he was the last cut on one of the deepest teams at forward in the NHL. Good idea.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Tigers1992

Jenson has actually been one of the better players on the Gens this year, at least in my viewings of the Generals (5-10 times). Laughton has improved significantly now that he is on the second line.

With the Generals its all about defence, moreso a lack of it. They still are about 2 solid, stay at home defenceman away.

Last edited by Tigers1992: 01-03-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 06:57 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Ya get rid of Jensen where he was the last cut on one of the deepest teams at forward in the NHL. Good idea.
Jensen is only out for himself, hogs the puck does not back check will not hit,you are in for a big surprise, last season team player this season me ,myself and I. Go Habs

Old
01-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Jensen is only out for himself, hogs the puck does not back check will not hit,you are in for a big surprise, last season team player this season me ,myself and I. Go Habs
Ya cuz he's on a different level than everyone else. He's going to be a star on the Canucks!

Old
01-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

Quote:
have you been watching these world juniors? Jensen is a back checking machine, even down 8 goals with a minute to go...I'm here have seen every game...trust me, you may see a different player return..his effort level is insane.

Racer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:02 PM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
have you been watching these world juniors? Jensen is a back checking machine, even down 8 goals with a minute to go...I'm here have seen every game...trust me, you may see a different player return..his effort level is insane.
I hope so cause he was, and is a -8 or something like that

Old
01-09-2012, 12:15 PM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Jenson has actually been one of the better players on the Gens this year, at least in my viewings of the Generals (5-10 times). Laughton has improved significantly now that he is on the second line.

With the Generals its all about defence, moreso a lack of it. They still are about 2 solid, stay at home defenceman away.
Hermangildo waived, I hope another team picks him up, not the way to finish off a Major Jr. A career, it happens all the time,so sad, now the Gens have 3 solid Dmen,who else is out? and i believe the Gens are still in the hunt for another goalie, sorry Baillie

Old
01-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

Quote:
I hope so cause he was, and is a -8 or something like that
I hope you're talking about the World Juniors because he was about as good as anyone could be for Denmark. I'm fairly certain the average +/- for Danish players was around -12 so that's actually quite good.

Hansen 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:47 PM
seen em all

Jenssen , Jenssen where art thou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
I hope you're talking about the World Juniors because he was about as good as anyone could be for Denmark. I'm fairly certain the average +/- for Danish players was around -12 so that's actually quite good.
My sister could have played for Denmark, I'm talking OHL here. 2 games back, zero points (even) nowhere to be found this past weekend against 2 of the top teams in the O yes Jenssen will get his points but there's 2 ends of the rink, until he learns to play some defence, he will continue to be a - (minus) player.

Old
01-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
My sister could have played for Denmark, I'm talking OHL here. 2 games back, zero points (even) nowhere to be found this past weekend against 2 of the top teams in the O yes Jenssen will get his points but there's 2 ends of the rink, until he learns to play some defence, he will continue to be a - (minus) player.
I'm going off what I saw him do against NHL players and he was very good defensively. Very good along the boards and he got the puck out of the zone every time. He's a sure fire top 6 forward. I have no concerns about any part of his game. He's built for the pros. He'll be better with better talent. He knows where to go on the ice and if he's not playing well defensively in the OHL I could care less. He's got a lot of hockey sense.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:24 AM
seen em all

Jensen-3 over the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
I'm going off what I saw him do against NHL players and he was very good defensively. Very good along the boards and he got the puck out of the zone every time. He's a sure fire top 6 forward. I have no concerns about any part of his game. He's built for the pros. He'll be better with better talent. He knows where to go on the ice and if he's not playing well defensively in the OHL I could care less. He's got a lot of hockey sense.
you had better have concerns about his defensive side of his game (he does'nt have one) as per better talent that's a joke right? he plays with Boone Jenner 2nd rd.pick Columbus Blue Jackets (Team Canada World Jrs.) Lucas Lessio 2nd rd. pick Phoenix Coyotes and sometimes Christian Thomas 2nd rd. pick New York Rangers and even more talented Andy Andreoff 3rd rd. pick L.A. Kings. He knows where to go on the ice Ha Ha Ha ! it's sure not into the corners he might get hit there, -3 over this past weekend, even though he had a goal and an assist, that means he was on the ice for 5 goals against the Gens only had 6 goals scored against the whole team this past weekend, and yes he does have hockey sense, too bad it's only at one end of the rink.

Last edited by Majik1987: 02-24-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: flaming
Old
02-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
you had better have concerns about his defensive side of his game (he does'nt have one) as per better talent that's a joke right? he plays with Boone Jenner 2nd rd.pick Columbus Blue Jackets (Team Canada World Jrs.) Lucas Lessio 2nd rd. pick Phoenix Coyotes and sometimes Christian Thomas 2nd rd. pick New York Rangers and even more talented Andy Andreoff 3rd rd. pick L.A. Kings. He knows where to go on the ice Ha Ha Ha ! it's sure not into the corners he might get hit there, -3 over this past weekend, even though he had a goal and an assist, that means he was on the ice for 5 goals against the Gens only had 6 goals scored against the whole team this past weekend, and yes he does have hockey sense, too bad it's only at one end of the rink.
Are you saying you know more than the scouts, gm and coach of the Canucks?

Last edited by Majik1987: 02-24-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: qe and response
Old
03-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Destroyer100

Quote:
You need to watch him play first. I live in Oshawa and go to the games a lot. For one he does go int he corners and doesn't back away from the corners. He comes out of the corner a lot with the puck and always fights for the puck hard. He backcheks like a workhorse and sometimes even beats the center back. Has already gotten into one fight this season and kicked the crap out of the guys. He is a skilled forward who is good at both ends and will be a top 6 player in the NHL, so thanks for coming out bro.

Destroyer100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:46 PM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer100 View Post
You need to watch him play first. I live in Oshawa and go to the games a lot. For one he does go int he corners and doesn't back away from the corners. He comes out of the corner a lot with the puck and always fights for the puck hard. He backcheks like a workhorse and sometimes even beats the center back. Has already gotten into one fight this season and kicked the crap out of the guys. He is a skilled forward who is good at both ends and will be a top 6 player in the NHL, so thanks for coming out bro.
Ok where's your boy Jenssen 3 playoff games played 1 assist and -2 can you tell me when your star player is going to show up, I haven't seen him yet, he looks pretty average unmotivated and disinterested, sure not like a 1st round pick.Go ahead boys start defending your underachieving superstar.

Old
03-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Ok where's your boy Jenssen 3 playoff games played 1 assist and -2 can you tell me when your star player is going to show up, I haven't seen him yet, he looks pretty average unmotivated and disinterested, sure not like a 1st round pick.Go ahead boys start defending your underachieving superstar.
We get it. You hate him. Your more then entitled to your opinion.

With all do respect, I'll take the opinion of NHL scouts and what I see with my own eyes as to his ability.

I'm shocked that you use him as a lightning rod, while ignoring other more vertain players who have not performed to expectations this season. I was talking with a friend from NHL central scouting about the Generals who have disapointed this year, an neither of us has Jensen on our lists.

Last edited by Tigers1992: 03-28-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Sterling31
Takin' Over

Leafs prospect Tyler Biggs likely to leave NCAA, his 3 options would be Oshawa or making the leap to pro in Toronto.

This is great news for the Gens. If i were the GM i would get Burke and co. on the phone fast and let them know the type of program they are intending on running next year (hopefully one that involves 'going for the cup')

Hopefully we are getting back all of our top end guys (which is likely) We could have a decent run at this, especially with the addition of size to our top line.

Biggs-Jenner-Thomas
Lessio-Laughton-Jenssen

Is a top 6 that could dominate the OHL if they click.

Any other opinions on this? and other things the Gens need to add to become a contender.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Leafs prospect Tyler Biggs likely to leave NCAA, his 3 options would be Oshawa or making the leap to pro in Toronto.

This is great news for the Gens. If i were the GM i would get Burke and co. on the phone fast and let them know the type of program they are intending on running next year (hopefully one that involves 'going for the cup')

Hopefully we are getting back all of our top end guys (which is likely) We could have a decent run at this, especially with the addition of size to our top line.

Biggs-Jenner-Thomas
Lessio-Laughton-Jenssen

Is a top 6 that could dominate the OHL if they click.

Any other opinions on this? and other things the Gens need to add to become a contender.
Where have you seen that he is leaving Miami NCAA?

Crottenham is offline   Reply With Quote