HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers announce Chris Drury buyout

Old
06-27-2011, 12:25 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
You clearly said Eriksson will see a drop-off without Richards -- giving Richards all the credit for making him the player he is. There is no hyperbole. Just stating your posts in this thread.
Saying that Eriksson's numbers are what they are because he played with Richards is different than giving all credit to Richards for the production. Nylander's numbers were inflated playing with Jagr, but that's not to say he wasn't a very good player in his own right. Same goes for Loui.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 12:28 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Great news, get rid of him fast.

As for Eriksson, you guys are out of your mind that think he won't produce without Richards. Sure, maybe not at the clip he's been producing at, but he'll put up solid numbers all by his lonesome self in Dallas.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 01:44 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Its the best for Chris and the team!!

Good choice to let himself be boughtout!!!

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 08:42 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I have a feeling that we're about to get a surprise on defense. I think the Ed Jovanoski rumors may hold some water. And for the reasons I've stated in other threads, at the right price that's a great signing. He can give you 15-18 top 4 minutes a game on the third pair, run the second power play unit and step up if there are injuries. It's the perfect role for him.

After Richards, I just do see them bringing in another forward unless the plan is to buy out Wolski. The dollars just aren't there. Jokinen played for Torts' in Tampa. He's certainly got a POV on him.

I can't imaging the Drury dance won't involve another team. Too much upside in swapping for another bad contract that can be cleaned up.
Wait, what rumors are out there about Jovo? And what's the "right price"? What side does he play?

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 01:13 PM
CM PUNK

drury not on waivers...has to be done by tomorrow.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 01:22 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
drury not on waivers...has to be done by tomorrow.
Drury has the option of skipping waivers and just accepting the buyout (because he has a NMC -- Darcy Tucker chose to forego waivers when the Leafs bought him out a few years ago).

However, I'm not sure how that interplays with the deadline

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 01:29 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Eriksson had a 4 goal streak when Richards was out with a concussion this year. Eriksson put up the best goal #s of his career with Ribs (who is a better passer than Richards, but not a better overall offensive player).

Eriksson will be fine.

Neal is the classic case of a Winger who needs a set up man. Richards will make Dubi and Gaborik better, no doubt though.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 02:03 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Drury has the option of skipping waivers and just accepting the buyout (because he has a NMC -- Darcy Tucker chose to forego waivers when the Leafs bought him out a few years ago).

However, I'm not sure how that interplays with the deadline
yeah but if he did that i'd think the rangers would say that

Old
06-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

So, tomorrow is the deadline for Drury to be put on waivers?

Does he need to waive his NMC to be put on waivers or can the Rangers just do it via their own authority?

Last Q... What does putting Drury on unconditional waivers do for us vs. us just buying him out?

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
yeah but if he did that i'd think the rangers would say that
love your promo 2nite CM PUNK, lol

bye bye Dru tommorow

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:45 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
So, tomorrow is the deadline for Drury to be put on waivers?

Does he need to waive his NMC to be put on waivers or can the Rangers just do it via their own authority?

Last Q... What does putting Drury on unconditional waivers do for us vs. us just buying him out?
yes he needs to waive the nmc to be put on waivers...

i've looked and can't find anyone with a clear answer but my understanding is that waivers or no waivers has no impact on the buyout or cap hit. only difference is if he gets put on waivers there is a chance another team might claim him on his current deal instead of making him a ufa via buyout

Old
06-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I'm hoping it's the last 24 hours of his tenure as a New York Ranger.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 05:03 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
What time should we find out that he is on waivers?

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 05:27 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
What time should we find out that he is on waivers?
By noon I think

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 05:29 AM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Ahh today's the day!

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 06:10 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

This better happen!

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 06:11 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Considering waivers are 24 hours,why would today be a deadline?Unconditional waivers are used in a buyout.

Quote:
13.18 The request for Regular, Re-Entry and Unconditional Waivers to Central Registry will be processed every day at 12:00 noon New York time. The following specifies the schedule within which a Waiver claim must be made:

DISPATCHED
(At Noon New York time) WAIVER PERIOD
EXPIRY DAY
(At Noon New York time)
Monday 24 hours Tuesday
Tuesday 24 hours Wednesday
Wednesday 24 hours Thursday
Thursday 24 hours Friday
DISPATCHED
(At Noon New York time) WAIVER PERIOD
EXPIRY DAY
(At Noon New York time)
Friday 24 hours Saturday
Saturday 48 hours Monday
Sunday 48 hours Tuesday

(a) A Player on Regular, Re-Entry or Unconditional Waivers cannot be
Traded or Loaned until after the expiration of the Waiver period.

(b) If no Club has claimed the Player within the time specified in the request
for Waivers the requesting Club may Loan such Player to a club of another league.
A player could be waived on June 30 and the buyout can be completed on July 1

Paragraph 13 in the SPC explains the process

Quote:
13. The Club, in addition to other rights hereunder, at its option, by written notice delivered to the Player in person, or by overnight mail to the Player's address set forth herein, may terminate this SPC on the following conditions:
(a) The Club shall offer the Player on Unconditional Waivers, either before or
promptly after the notice of intention to exercise the Ordinary Course Buy-Out
option (herein called "notice of termination") is given.
(b) Termination pursuant to this Paragraph shall be effective upon receipt by the
Player of the notice of termination and the Player clearing Unconditional Waivers
pursuant to Paragraph 13(a) above.
(c) The notice of termination shall be effective if given in the form attached as
Exhibit 20, with a copy faxed to the NHLPA and Central Registry as follows:
(i) beginning the later of June 15 or forty-eight (48) hours after the
conclusion of the Stanley Cup Finals and ending at 5:00 p.m. New York time on June 30;
Drury has the right to reject waivers and just become a free agent

Quote:
11.8 Individually Negotiated Limitations on Player Movement.

(b) A no-move clause may prevent the involuntary relocation of a Player,
whether by Trade, Loan or Waiver claim. A no-move clause, however, may not restrict the Club's buy-out and termination rights as set forth in this Agreement. Prior to exercising its Ordinary Course Buy-Out rights pursuant to Paragraph 13 of the SPC hereof, the Club shall, in writing in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, provide the Player with the option of electing to be placed on Waivers. The Player will have twenty-four (24) hours from the time he receives such notice to accept or reject that option at his sole discretion, and shall so inform the Club in writing, in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, within such twenty-four (24) hour period. If the Player does not timely accept or reject that option, it will be deemed rejected.
Brooks wrote 48 hours and everyone is going off what Brooks wrote but the CBA says unconditional waivers are 24 hours and Drury can reject the waiver request. 24 hours to accept or reject and another 24 hours if accepts. That's where Brooks came up with 48 hours.

Drury can reject the request like Tucker

Quote:
Because Tucker's contract included a no-movement clause, Tucker had the option of either going on waivers or not. He chose not to and thus becomes an unrestricted free agent
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241569

Last edited by RangerBoy: 06-28-2011 at 06:17 AM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 08:17 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Considering waivers are 24 hours,why would today be a deadline?Unconditional waivers are used in a buyout.

A player could be waived on June 30 and the buyout can be completed on July 1

Paragraph 13 in the SPC explains the process

Drury has the right to reject waivers and just become a free agent

Brooks wrote 48 hours and everyone is going off what Brooks wrote but the CBA says unconditional waivers are 24 hours and Drury can reject the waiver request. 24 hours to accept or reject and another 24 hours if accepts. That's where Brooks came up with 48 hours.

Drury can reject the request like Tucker

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241569
SO, am I to understand this correctly?

Rejecting waivers allows you to become a UFA. Does that mean we are still on the hook for the buyout? Or does rejecting waivers also waive the need for the buyout?

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

Rejecting waivers allows you to become a UFA. Does that mean we are still on the hook for the buyout? Or does rejecting waivers also waive the need for the buyout?
My question exactly... If we put him on waivers and he refuses and becomes an ufa he can sign with anyone else and we are free of his contract?!!!
hopefully Drury thinks he can still play and does this.
Sign me up.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

No...

In order to be bought out, a player must be put on unconditional waivers. This is to see if anyone in the league is willing to pick up the contract at full value. After the team submits the player to waivers, that player has the right to reject going on waivers if he has a NMC. However, once the team has submitted the player to waivers (technically, provided him with a notice of termination), they have the right to buy him out. When the player rejects waivers, it ensures 100% that he will receive the buyout and become UFA. If he accepts waivers and someone picks up his deal, then he is under contract with that new team and the buy out never happens.

If I were Drury, I'd reject waivers and then try to sign a $1.5m deal somewhere. Kinda like how Prospal was willing to take a relatively small contract because he was receiving money from his buyout.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Mason530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
No...

In order to be bought out, a player must be put on unconditional waivers. This is to see if anyone in the league is willing to pick up the contract at full value. After the team submits the player to waivers, that player has the right to reject going on waivers if he has a NMC. However, once the team has submitted the player to waivers (technically, provided him with a notice of termination), they have the right to buy him out. When the player rejects waivers, it ensures 100% that he will receive the buyout and become UFA. If he accepts waivers and someone picks up his deal, then he is under contract with that new team and the buy out never happens.

If I were Drury, I'd reject waivers and then try to sign a $1.5m deal somewhere. Kinda like how Prospal was willing to take a relatively small contract because he was receiving money from his buyout.
If he rejected waiver, he'd get buyout money and became UFA......... If he accepted waiver and no team claimed him, he'd would get buyout money and became UFA..... What is the difference? Or something is off?

Mason530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Poozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason530 View Post
If he rejected waiver, he'd get buyout money and became UFA......... If he accepted waiver and no team claimed him, he'd would get buyout money and became UFA..... What is the difference? Or something is off?
The difference is that there is a chance a team could claim him if he accepts waivers.

Poozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:37 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

So, today doesn't really matter. Because no one in their right mind is going to claim him with that absurd contract.

If he turns down the waiver he's still going to get bought out and become a free agent.
If he accepts the waiver, no one will claim him and he will still be bought out and become a free agent.

Do either of these scenarios effect the summer or season cap differently? (Other than the chance that someone claims him)

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:57 AM
trueblue231930

I think its highly unlikely a team claims him if he is waived, but a cash strapped team could claim him and pay him 5 million in salary for a 7.05 cap hit, thus saving them 2 million dollars in cash.

Unlikely, but a thought nonetheless.

trueblue231930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:20 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

No players have been put on unconditional waivers yet. Commodore and Souray.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote