HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NEB'ish predictions for 2012

Old
06-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Why is everyone so down on Duchene?
I don't get it either. They guy had 67 points, on a crap team, with different guys on his wings every week. If he gets a healthy Mueller and Hejduk to play with all season, he could easily top 75-80 next year.

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:52 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
T.J. Galiardi will be healthy and people will remember just how good he was his rookie year and realize how much the team missed him and the energy he brings last season.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 03:04 AM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Agree with Galiardi, either on the 1st or the 3rd he'll be effective this season.

1. Duchene adds to his point totals, Around 75.
2. New goalie tandem still not what we're looking for.
3. O'Reilly and Wilson will see improvements both scoring and ability.
4. Sacco stays on entire season.
5. Hunwick and Cumiskey don't impove.
6. Yip is gone sometime this year.
7. Landeskog in Calder race.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 03:13 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Why is everyone so down on Duchene? What would indicate that Duchene is in for a crap season? I hope he puts up 80+pts just make all you clowns look like crap. You guys need to start accepting that Duchene is the franchise. He is in for a good year book it. Learn to be a fans of the team, I highly doubt people over on the Islander board are talking about how Tavares is going to regress this year. We should be hoping Duchene tears it up.
NEB is either a super troll or just very sarcastic. Either way, his posts shouldn't be taken seriously.

I'm just surprised that other people are agreeing with it and saying Duchene will disappoint. 24 goals and 55 points in his first year. 27 goals and 67 points in his second year. Like I said earlier, 30+ goals and 70+ points for Duchene next year. Guaranteed.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 05:41 AM
HF007
In Roy we Trust

I think that Avs improve to number 10 or 11 (depending on FA help) which kinda sucks cause we dont get a high pick and miss the playoffs. I just don't see how our offense and goal tending can carry us to the playoffs when our D is heavily lacking.

HF007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 08:19 AM
54toscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
T.J. Galiardi will be healthy and people will remember just how good he was his rookie year and realize how much the team missed him and the energy he brings last season.
I dunno. I still think the team (including Galiardi) soured on Sacco last year. Once you lose the room, it never comes back. I hope I'm wrong.

Our D corps (as it stands) is pretty awful. It would be nice to get to the cap floor with the help of signing a good D. Not that there's much available out there on the market.

54toscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:07 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54toscore View Post
I dunno. I still think the team (including Galiardi) soured on Sacco last year. Once you lose the room, it never comes back. I hope I'm wrong.

Our D corps (as it stands) is pretty awful. It would be nice to get to the cap floor with the help of signing a good D. Not that there's much available out there on the market.
I think they soured a bit on Galiardi too. I wouldn't be surprised if he was moved, if the Avs have to make a deal to acquire a goalie.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Gumballhead

Quote:
I think this will be true. I think we have a lot of talented young guys who work really hard, but who are way better when the team is doing well. If the team starts off playing well, the sky is really the limit.

Well, assuming the team has a goalie.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:43 PM
AvsFan7*

I actually REALLY think the Avs will make the playoffs next year and be comptetitive. For a while I always thought everyone else was rushing the team when they were complaining about how bad of a season we just had, BUT, I think the moves Management made in the offseason will make us Really good this season, Our Defense was our biggest problem last year(Besides all the injuries) and I think by trading for EJ and with Quincey coming back and barrie or Elliot making the Jump we will have a solid D core next year, something like this:

EJ - Quincey
Obyrne - Elliot/Barrie
Wilson - Gaunce
Hunwick

Thats a solid D group right, there, EJ and Quincey Shut down pairing.

As for offense, we lost a great Power Forward in Stewart, but he I think will be more then Replaced by Landeskog, Landeskog will be able to score and Fight like Stewart and play very simolar to Stewart, but his leadership attributes are what will make him so valuable to us next year and onward, we'll also have Mueller back next year and Im thinking an FA or two(Unless we resign Fleishmann) will be added aswell, heres the type of offense I see us with next year.

Mueller - Duchene - Hejduk
Landeskog - Stastny - Jones
Galliardi - Oreilly - Winnk
Porter - FA(Scott Nichol???) - Hishon/Olver

Thats a pretty Decent top 6 there and I think that 3rd line is one of the best 3rd lines in the NHL, also the 3rd line I think will surprise alot next year with the offense they put out(Galliardi going 15/30, Oreilly going 20/35 in a breakout season, Winnik going 15/25) and adding a guy like Scott Nichol would be awesome for our PK!

Goaltending is a BIG ? but I think if we sign Vokoun or Roloson we will be in playoffs for sure next season, here's what I'd like us to have in net next year:

Vokoun/Roloson
Pickard

having a Veteran goalie to mento Pickard for a couple years would be HUGE in his development and I think he would improve by 200% with them guiding him!!!

AvsFan7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan7 View Post
I actually REALLY think the Avs will make the playoffs next year and be comptetitive. For a while I always thought everyone else was rushing the team when they were complaining about how bad of a season we just had, BUT, I think the moves Management made in the offseason will make us Really good this season, Our Defense was our biggest problem last year(Besides all the injuries) and I think by trading for EJ and with Quincey coming back and barrie or Elliot making the Jump we will have a solid D core next year, something like this:

EJ - Quincey
Obyrne - Elliot/Barrie
Wilson - Gaunce
Hunwick

Thats a solid D group right, there, EJ and Quincey Shut down pairing.

As for offense, we lost a great Power Forward in Stewart, but he I think will be more then Replaced by Landeskog, Landeskog will be able to score and Fight like Stewart and play very simolar to Stewart, but his leadership attributes are what will make him so valuable to us next year and onward, we'll also have Mueller back next year and Im thinking an FA or two(Unless we resign Fleishmann) will be added aswell, heres the type of offense I see us with next year.

Mueller - Duchene - Hejduk
Landeskog - Stastny - Jones
Galliardi - Oreilly - Winnk
Porter - FA(Scott Nichol???) - Hishon/Olver

Thats a pretty Decent top 6 there and I think that 3rd line is one of the best 3rd lines in the NHL, also the 3rd line I think will surprise alot next year with the offense they put out(Galliardi going 15/30, Oreilly going 20/35 in a breakout season, Winnik going 15/25) and adding a guy like Scott Nichol would be awesome for our PK!

Goaltending is a BIG ? but I think if we sign Vokoun or Roloson we will be in playoffs for sure next season, here's what I'd like us to have in net next year:

Vokoun/Roloson
Pickard

having a Veteran goalie to mento Pickard for a couple years would be HUGE in his development and I think he would improve by 200% with them guiding him!!!
A. You forgot McClement, 4th line center.
B. There is NO WAY Pickard is in the NHL next year.
C. That is not a solid d group, maybe in a year or two.
D. You also forgot Lindstrom

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:01 AM
Rhaego

Time for some wishful thinking

1. Duchene will have his breakout season. 90 points
2. O'Reilly will show his offensive abilities. 50 points
3. Landeskog will win the Calder. 65 points
4. Varlamov will be elite and carry our team to the playoffs
5. Avs make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
6. EJ makes our St. Louis trade very one-sided (for us )

.... Or we tank

Last edited by Rhaego: 07-03-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 03:22 AM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54toscore View Post

Hes been the best coach Ive had in the pros so far I had two or three coaches when I was in St. Louis and Joe Sacco is by far the best that Ive had. Hes just a great guy to work with, he lets you go play, he said. The thing I struggled with the most in St. Louis was confidence, and hes good at giving me a full shot at that. - Erik Johnson

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/03/1...-with-the-avs/

So, probably not true.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 03:42 AM
forsbergavs32

My bold prediction: Landeskog wins the Calder, book it.

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 10:18 AM
AvsFan7*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
A. You forgot McClement, 4th line center.
B. There is NO WAY Pickard is in the NHL next year.
C. That is not a solid d group, maybe in a year or two.
D. You also forgot Lindstrom
A. True I forgot McClement, so I guess we dont need a 4th line FA.

B. I dont really see why he cant make the jump, he's had 2 or 3 solid seasons in the CHL and he wouldnt be jumping up into a Starter Role, he plays backup and if Vokoun is the Starter Vokoun can very easily take on 65-70 games in the year, Pickard get 10-15 and gets incredible guidance and mentoring from Vokoun.

C. Its maybe not a top 10 D group in the league, but its definitly a pretty good group that will do Tremendously better then Last year, EJ and Quincey will be an awesome Shutdown pairing(Assuming Quincey plays like he did 2 years ago) Obyrne was IMO the biggest surprise of the year last year, and I think he'll be even better this year without haaving to worry about being scratched like he did last year and when he was in Montreal. Gaunce is good Wilson is good and one of Elliot and Barrie will make the jump well and replace Liles next season!

D. Yea Kinda forgot him to, but to be honest I dont really see where he could fit in. Maybe him replace Winnik on the 3rd line and Winnik replace Porter on the fourth!

Old
06-29-2011, 10:24 AM
AvsFan7*

Quote:

B. I dont really see why he cant make the jump, he's had 2 or 3 solid seasons in the CHL and he wouldnt be jumping up into a Starter Role, he plays backup and if Vokoun is the Starter Vokoun can very easily take on 65-70 games in the year, Pickard get 10-15 and gets incredible guidance and mentoring from Vokoun.

C. Its maybe not a top 10 D group in the league, but its definitly a pretty good group that will do Tremendously better then Last year, EJ and Quincey will be an awesome Shutdown pairing(Assuming Quincey plays like he did 2 years ago) Obyrne was IMO the biggest surprise of the year last year, and I think he'll be even better this year without haaving to worry about being scratched like he did last year and when he was in Montreal. Gaunce is good Wilson is good and one of Elliot and Barrie will make the jump well and replace Liles next season!

D. Yea Kinda forgot him to, but to be honest I dont really see where he could fit in. Maybe him replace Winnik on the 3rd line and Winnik replace Porter on the fourth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Time for some wishful thinking

1. Duchene will have his breakout season. 90 points
2. O'Reilly will show his offensive abilities. 50 points
3. Landeskog will win the Calder. 65 points
4. Vokoun will be elite and carry our team to the playoffs
5. Avs make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
6. EJ makes our St. Louis trade very one-sided (for us )

.... Or we tank
The Only thing I see a little Wishful out of that to me would be 65 Points for Landeskog, I definitly think with Mueller and Hejduk back with Duchene he can very well get 80+ on the season.

Oreilly was on the verge of a major offensive breakout before last season ended, I could see him continuing were he left off and actually putting up close to 60 points!

Landeskog I dont think will get 65 Points, I predict something like 25/20 for 45 points, but with a +15 +/- and a very gritty game, and he will win the Calder with his performance!

I also think we can make playoffs next year, and make it to the Seccond round!

The St Louis trade is already Lopsided for us cause EJ is already worth the trade and he's only going to get better

Old
06-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

vCash: 103
Quote:

I'll bet you any amount of money that pickard does not start one game for the avs next year.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:02 PM
avsman

Mueller makes a full recovery and scores 60-70 points on duchenes wing, duchene scores 80-90 points taking over the 1C role, stazz scores ppg, we sign harding, and he plays the way kari lehtonen did for dallas helping us to the 8th spot where we lose to the nucks in 6, and Lando gets calder with 65 points, but leads our team in playoff scoring

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:35 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 2000
One prediction I'll make about Duchene

Rookie season he had 55 pts, second season he had 67, this year he will have the same progress and have 79 pts

Year 1 = 24 31 55
Year 2 = 27 40 67
Year 3 = 30 49 79

Mark it now, because those numbers are going to be exact

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:02 PM
AvalancheRy

I am sorry but I have a really hard time being negative about this team. For half a season they were in the playoff hunt and scoring goals by the boatload, all with mediocre goaltending and injuries (the Avs played their best hockey when Stewart was out of the lineup with the wrist injury IMO).

Now all of the sudden, when the team has more talent than last year AND they are all looking healthy, it is all doom and gloom? I get tempering expectations and all but I don't buy it. If this team signs Vokoun, giving stability in goal, this team is a playoff contender (not Stanley Cup contender).

And Landeskog will probably have a 40 to 50 point season, which would be awesome to me.

AvalancheRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:30 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Another NEB'ish prediction:

Jones has 31 goals before the end of the calendar year. In February he is traded to another Western conference team for a nice stash of loot.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 02:19 PM
maple8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post

Jones has 31 goals before the end of the calendar year. In February he is traded to another Western conference team for a nice stash of loot.
If he scores at that pace why on earth would the Avs trade him? You are making zero sense.

maple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

Quote:
You seriously want to put a 19 year old goalie, with only WHL experience, in the NHL, behind that defense ??? Might as well just cast him off as the next B. Elliot right now than. Its never going to happen, even if it is just in backup role.

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 03:22 PM
asmodeanreborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1greg View Post
I'll bet you any amount of money that pickard does not start one game for the avs next year.
Any amount, eh? I'll get back to you in December, before the start of next year.

asmodeanreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:26 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post

31 goals by January? Somehow I doubt that.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 04:59 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
31 goals by January? Somehow I doubt that.
Perhaps for a non-believer such as yourself. Prepare to be proven wrong!

Also, by the end of the year the Varlamov trade seems like genius. The Jan Hejda signing is regarded as one of the biggest jokes of the off-season after he's healthy scratched for 30 games.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote