HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Purinton re-signs with Rangers

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2004, 01:35 PM
SedinFan*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Purinton re-signs with Rangers

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...22&hubName=nhl

Old
07-27-2004, 03:51 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

well
he's better than strudwick i.m.o

imagine them as a tandem lol

Old
07-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
well
he's better than strudwick i.m.o
i don't think Dale is better than anyone...maybe Karpa.

Old
07-27-2004, 05:47 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Does Dale Purinton warrant his own thread?Borderline NHL/AHL player in a 30 team NHL

Old
07-27-2004, 06:19 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Does Dale Purinton warrant his own thread?Borderline NHL/AHL player in a 30 team NHL

He'll deserve one once he's forced to retire and is arrested for assaulting someone on the street. The guy's a certified psycho (personal experience with him).

Old
07-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
He'll deserve one once he's forced to retire and is arrested for assaulting someone on the street. The guy's a certified psycho (personal experience with him).
Interesting...

Care to elaborate?

Old
07-27-2004, 06:44 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
Interesting...

Care to elaborate?
I played in a summer floor hockey league a few years back. It was just a fun league. Anyways our team was made up of guys who signed up individually and placed on the team. We weren't too bad. I played goal. We came up against a team made up of 7 or 8 former Hurricanes and some coaches and management. Purinton was looking to start stuff with our guys all game. I didn't know who he was at the time but it was embarrassing to watch. Anyways we were up by a few goals when he took a shot I saved and followed up by jamming his stick up my nether regions as I sat on the ball. It being ball hockey I wasn't wearing full gear and it hurt. I instinctively blurted out "watch it a$$hole" He took exception to it and had to be held back by another player.
With a few seconds left, we were up by two and he dumped it in. I picked it up and as I looked up he sent me flying. He said "who's the a$$hole now?" I got up and started laughing. What a joke this guy was. Not knowing who this guy was and bearing in mind that I was there to have fun I walked away while he was held back. As we were changing I asked my team mates why no one came to my assistance. That's when I was told who he was and that "after he was done kicking your a$$, he would have kicked the crap out of everyone else on the bench. This guy has his name tatooed on his back so he can be identified if he happens to be face down in a ditch." It was common knowledge around here that he was heavy on the juice to help make the jump to the big leagues. A colleague of mine said I should have let him pop me a couple and sue him for $$$$. No thanks.

Old
07-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Clearly, the hockey world reads the news of today's signing and takes a collective gulp. For this move signals the return to greatness for NYR. :lol

Long-lived the worse player in the entire NHL!

Old
07-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Jones23

Panthers-Rangers Nov.5!...Purinton

Old
07-27-2004, 08:57 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeca

Rangers Islanders rivalry will go drop this season since the Islanders got only 2 tough guys with Godard and Asham. Id like Rangers to sign Wiemer. Rangers got some toughness with Scott, Gillies, Murray, Purinton, Strudwick and Kasper.

Old
07-27-2004, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Rangers Islanders rivalry will go drop this season since the Islanders got only 2 tough guys with Godard and Asham. Id like Rangers to sign Wiemer. Rangers got some toughness with Scott, Gillies, Murray, Purinton, Strudwick and Kasper.

3 things:

1). The isles will also have a healthy (hopefully) Scatchard who is a good middleweight and willing to stick up for teammates

2). Kasparaitis a tough guy? :lol

3). Pretty sure the last time Richard Scott skated was last November and wouldn't be surprised to see him retire...wasn't looking too good after his fight with Cairns.

Old
07-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Richard Scott was just re-signed.

Old
07-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeca
Hopefully ol' Glassjaw can get his gloves off quicker this time...

Old
07-27-2004, 11:06 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
Richard Scott was just re-signed.
Hopefully the Rangers don't expect him to be their enforcer, the guy just does not have the chin for the big leagues. In 9 NHL fights, he's been dropped HARDCORE twice already, one keeping him out for the rest of they year. A full season would kill the guy.

Old
07-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Hopefully the Rangers don't expect him to be their enforcer, the guy just does not have the chin for the big leagues. In 9 NHL fights, he's been dropped HARDCORE twice already, one keeping him out for the rest of they year. A full season would kill the guy.
But you have to remember. He was a young guy still trying to find his ropes as an enforcer. Do I ever think he'll be an elite fighter? No, but it's better than nothing down there.

Old
07-28-2004, 12:17 PM
BLACKBURN

Rangers fans, please dont try and brag about our toughness, our current team is weak and I mean WEAK. If we had Hordi i would start bragging.

Old
07-28-2004, 01:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Rangers fans, please dont try and brag about our toughness, our current team is weak and I mean WEAK. If we had Hordi i would start bragging.
Rangers should sign Wiemer.

Old
07-28-2004, 04:15 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
But you have to remember. He was a young guy still trying to find his ropes as an enforcer. Do I ever think he'll be an elite fighter? No, but it's better than nothing down there.
It's not that I don't think he's an OK fighter, he's not bad. He just does not have the chin IMO for the big league. The Cairns TKO was bad enough, let alone him getting popped by Fedoruk badly. I would put money down that if he played a full season, he'd get seriously injured. He's a good enough fighter, he just has a glass jaw. It's a shame.

Closed Thread