Tim Thomas harassed by reporters

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Squeeven

vCash: 500
Tim Thomas harassed by reporters

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...e.html?camp=fb

Just wanted to hear what Bruins fans or for that matter hockey fans in general and what you guys think about how he handled the reporters in this interview. I hope he continues to handle it the same way. I really cannot stand the way these stupid reporters annoy the hell out of these players and ask them the same questions over and over and over and over. It's not fair that athletes and celebrities are not allowed to live a personal life without being harassed about it constantly.

What do you guys think about all this? Should the Bruins organisation maybe come out and make a statement to stop harassing him with these kinds of questions or something?

Old
02-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Waltah*

*sigh*

Old
02-12-2012, 04:47 PM
nonoffensiveusername

Timmy handled it well. If the media is going to keep doing that, then they just won't get interviews with him.

It's dangerous though, because the media is very powerful, and if they don't get the interview they want, they'll throw a tantrum and try to end his career through slander and innuendo.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

I think that dead horse has been beat into the ground thoroughly.

Very eloquent and tactful response by Tim. I agree- the Facebook post was on his personal time, about his personal life, and the reporters are there to report on his job. He has a right to a personal life and an opinion.

Let it go. How about we talk about the game, the reason why he and they are all there in the first place.

Move along now. Nothing more to see. Next subject please.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Thomas has to sleep in the bed he made.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:54 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
Thomas has to sleep in the bed the media made.

Fixed.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:57 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
And what bed is that? Is he not allowed to be a Republican?

Old
02-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Btown

I wish Big Z was there to cross check these reporters for messing with our goalie, then the team jumps in and starts beating them like a bunch of punks. I bet if they did that no questions would be asked ever again on that topic.
We would probobly get some suspensions from Shannahan but all in all a great YouTube video

Last edited by Btown: 02-12-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old
02-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Salem13

What we need is an email campaign telling these jokers we've heard enough from them and are NOT listening.

The ire they raise makes you want to call in and scream but resist, let it die.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:01 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Lol. Writer says nobody knows why he posted that? Seriously do they not watch the news?

Old
02-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Lol. Writer says nobody knows why he posted that? Seriously do they not watch the news?
They LOVE to play dumb, I wish they would play mute.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Considering the range of ways in which he could have handled it? He did well.

The media are trying to create a story here. That's obvious. They coulda let this vanish weeks ago if they'd decided to. Just as obvious is that Thomas decided not to help them. Good for him.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Geez leave Tim Thomas the **** alone already

morons in the media

Old
02-12-2012, 05:07 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Thomas has to sleep in the bed the media made.

Fixed.
Exactly.

The media is pathetic. Would be interesting if the Bruins brought in a policy about no media-player interactions, just to shut them up. In case you can't tell, I am not a fan of the media. Always meddling and looking to cause trouble, and selfishly promote their name for ***** and giggles.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:07 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Way to keep an open mind. The goalie of a hockey team you support can't be conservitive. Despite winning your team a cup, and consistently doing his job on the ice and then some, you cannot accept him because of his political beliefs are different than yours. WOW

Old
02-12-2012, 05:08 PM
GoBs

Anyone know who was asking him the question over and over again?

Old
02-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Bridges31

Thomas is the man. I would have had a hard time not telling those stupid reporters to go **** themselves.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:12 PM
MaidrinRua

Lam 7825's and Waltah's posts pretty much sum it up for me. I find the whole thing tiresome, so I can just imagine how TT and the Bruins feel about it.

So as long as TT doesn't stab/chortle/etc. a reporter, I just don't care. The whole story to start with was iffy in terms of newsworthiness.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:14 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
I agree with you.

If Thomas thought for even one second that reporters wouldn't ask him about this stuff, he is one very stupid man. I just don't believe that for one second.

Thomas knew that reporters would ask him about it and that is what he wanted, now he gets to make a big deal about the media.

He is doing this deliberately, that is the only explanation I can come up with. How hard is it to say, this is what I believe and this is how I feel? It's not hard at all.

I really believe that Thomas is just punching his ticket out of town by behaving in a way that is disruptive to the team.

That has nothing to do with what his beliefs are and everything to do with the way he is handling things.

If he doesn't want to answer questions about this stuff, why would he post it on the public part of facebook where everyone could read it? He obviously wants to say how he feels and let everyone know how he feels but when he gets the chance to really let his view be known to everyone who reads the newspaper or watches the news on TV, he gets defensive about it. Talk about confusing.

Timmy has made a mess out of things in this situation.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Way to keep an open mind. The goalie of a hockey team you support can't be conservitive. Despite winning your team a cup, and consistently doing his job on the ice and then some, you cannot accept him because of his political beliefs are different than yours. WOW
I'm so right winged if given the gift of flight I could only travel in counter-clockwise circles and would never hold "normal" political affiliations against a player.

I hedge at "normal" because in some time there could be an affiliation I could find grotesque enough to harbor hate for but until such time as the wood chipper of puppies party is formed I will hold true.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Please, don't lecture me about an open mind.

Tim Thomas has been what he is politically since he's been a Bruin. No problem until he himself decided to make it an issue by not joining his team in being honored for their achievements at the White House. I really don't give a **** what his political believes are and I find it both ironic and hypocrytical that those who share his views call out those of us that see this in hockey terms as being wussing Liberals.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:19 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Personally, I couldn't give a crap if he is conservative, liberal, or whatever else. But Timmy has made a mess by drawing attention to himself and then refusing to answer questions about it.

He is publishing his views to anyone who cares to read it on the public part of facebook, he obviously wants to express his views publicly, but then when he gets a chance to express them to a wider audience he acts like he is being wronged by reporters who are asking questions? That doesn't make sense.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:19 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I agree with you.

If Thomas thought for even one second that reporters wouldn't ask him about this stuff, he is one very stupid man. I just don't believe that for one second.

Thomas knew that reporters would ask him about it and that is what he wanted, now he gets to make a big deal about the media.

He is doing this deliberately, that is the only explanation I can come up with. How hard is it to say, this is what I believe and this is how I feel? It's not hard at all.

I really believe that Thomas is just punching his ticket out of town by behaving in a way that is disruptive to the team.

That has nothing to do with what his beliefs are and everything to do with the way he is handling things.

If he doesn't want to answer questions about this stuff, why would he post it on the public part of facebook where everyone could read it? He obviously wants to say how he feels and let everyone know how he feels but when he gets the chance to really let his view be known to everyone who reads the newspaper or watches the news on TV, he gets defensive about it. Talk about confusing.

He already said as much. They know what he believes he made it very clear.

Why should he have to talk politics in the locker room after practice? Its definitely not the time or place to do so.Especially since it is only going to fuel the idiots asking him the question in writing their articles calling Timmy a cancer.

He is doing the media a favor by letting them gain some insight on hockey from his perspective. If I was him I wouldn't even waste my time with them at this point. Just don't talk to them at all.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I agree with you.

Let me flatten it out for you.

Tim didn't go to Obama.

Tim posted ON FACEBOOK to HIS FANS an explanation.

Tim is done.

...everything else since is media media media and pretty much them being childish jerkwads cause he wont give them his time.

To that I say GOOD ON TIM!

Old
02-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
And what bed is that? Is he not allowed to be a Republican?
A Republican?

I thought he said he blames both parties for the condition of the federal government (which is true)?

The bed he made was blowing off the invite to the White House, for the purpose of celebrating the achievements of his team.

Closed Thread