HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Regier this morning; wants another vet dman, center upgrade, Connolly

Old
06-29-2011, 05:10 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

vCash: 500
Which one of Weber, Sekera or MAG sits for a guy like Sopel or any other vet d-man?

I don't want any of the three sitting to be honest. The obvious choice is MAG but he could actually QB or PP. We would have a legit PP QB for once.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:16 PM
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Which one of Weber, Sekera or MAG sits for a guy like Sopel or any other vet d-man?

I don't want any of the three sitting to be honest. The obvious choice is MAG but he could actually QB or PP. We would have a legit PP QB for once.
Yeah...that's what makes me think another d-man would be acquired via trade, with one of the above being part of the deal perhaps.

ClearedButNotOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post

If they are able to land Richards, his PP QB capabilities and the better chance of winning immediately would make more sense of moving a young d-man for a vet. Any d-man signing or trading one would think would not happen until Richards is either signed or Buffalo is out of the hunt. Further in that vein, if they don't land Richards and then move to looking at center trades, that would also lend more sense to both trading away a defenseman and signing another.

I personally feel good about the defense as is and though I'd look for a guy to bring in, I would only do it if it's a perfect fit rather than feeling like I absolutely had to add a veteran d-man to the mix.

Last edited by Rob Paxon: 06-29-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote