HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Stamkos... (Philly.com: sources dismiss rumors, post #667)

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2011, 02:10 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

vCash: 500
Stamkos... (Philly.com: sources dismiss rumors, post #667)

Been reading around about the flyers getting Stamkos via trade not a offer sheet and heard JVR and Schenn are the bait. I for one would do this deal. May have some legs to run from what ive read on the different news sites....

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 06-29-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old
06-27-2011, 02:13 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorange View Post
Been reading around about the flyers getting Stamkos via trade not a offer sheet and heard JVR and Schenn are the bait. I for one would do this deal. May have some legs to run from what ive read on the different news sites....
No thanks.

I'd rather have JVR + Schenn.

And before everyone freaks out on me.... yes, I know it's Stamkos. I know who he is and what he can do.

I'm just sick of trades at this point.

Offersheet him or just ignore it entirely. Let Tampa do whatever Tampa wants to do.

EDIT: If it came to a trade though:

The most I'd offer is a little more than what Richards got...

Schenn + Simmonds + 1st 2012. Done.

Schenn + JVR? Nooooooo...

Old
06-27-2011, 02:14 AM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

JVR and Scheen for Stamkos?

No thank you.

Old
06-27-2011, 02:16 AM
Ghost of Downie*

I would be absolutely shocked if we got Stamkos. Even if we were to go after him, I'd rather offersheet him than trade JVR and Schenn.

Old
06-27-2011, 02:19 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
We aren't getting Stamkos.

Old
06-27-2011, 02:34 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

If stamkos is unsigned july 1 the flyers will make a play with a offer sheet if not the above trade i posted.........

Old
06-27-2011, 02:36 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
If stamkos is unsigned july 1 the flyers will make a play with a offer sheet if not the above trade i posted.........
We would trade JVR and Schenn...

For Stamkos...

So another team...

Like the Lightning...

Can send him an offer sheet that we cannot match capwise....

Sounds BRILLIANT.

Just offersheet him if you want him. Trading for him is stupid.

Old
06-27-2011, 03:33 AM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Really? From what you've read on the different new sites? Got a link?

Old
06-27-2011, 07:21 AM
rainrock

I just cant see Stamkos signing long term to play in a small market,horrible hockey/sports town like Tampa Bay.

He'll eventually end up in a big market. Sorry but Shenn,Vorachek,Couturier may become greaty players but they do not fit Sniders "Win Now" mentality.

I'll put my last dollar on the fact that Snider has told Homer to do whatever he has to, to get Stamkos.Homer is most likely working the phones right now trying to free up salary.

Stamkos belongs in Toronto,Philly,NY not TB.

Old
06-27-2011, 07:22 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Only way Stamkos plays in Philadelphia next year is if the Lightning relocate here.

Old
06-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Only way Stamkos plays in Philadelphia next year is if the Lightning relocate here.
At this point...

Old
06-27-2011, 07:33 AM
VanSciver

Quote:
How are the Flyers going to do that? You have to have the Cap space available to make an Offer Sheet. And the deal would have to be high enough to make it so TB can't match it. And in order to get the Cap space to send the Offer Sheet, they would have to deal players before giving the Offer Sheet. And if TB matches, then what? They would then have made the moves for no reason and would have to make other moves.

Old
06-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Sanders418777

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
How are the Flyers going to do that? You have to have the Cap space available to make an Offer Sheet. And the deal would have to be high enough to make it so TB can't match it. And in order to get the Cap space to send the Offer Sheet, they would have to deal players before giving the Offer Sheet. And if TB matches, then what? They would then have made the moves for no reason and would have to make other moves.
Come July 1st the Flyers have wiggle room with the 10% tacked on to the cap until final rosters. Not that I think we have a shot, but I'm just pointing out the fact that money is there.

Old
06-27-2011, 07:45 AM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
The Flyers would be able to create the cap space quite easily. I'm not sure whether qualifying offers count against the cap. If they don't, the Flyers don't have to do a damned thing and could make an aggressive offer to Stamkos. If they do, the Flyers might still have enough space to make an offer with the extra 10%. If they really wanted to be aggressive and the qualifying offers count against the cap, they could pay someone handsomely to take Michael Leighton and Jody Shelley off of their hands.

Old
06-27-2011, 07:56 AM
kicksave27

I don't think the flyers have the compensatory pics to even sign a guy like stamkos. You have to use your own pics.

Old
06-27-2011, 08:00 AM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
The Flyers would be able to create the cap space quite easily. I'm not sure whether qualifying offers count against the cap. If they don't, the Flyers don't have to do a damned thing and could make an aggressive offer to Stamkos. If they do, the Flyers might still have enough space to make an offer with the extra 10%. If they really wanted to be aggressive and the qualifying offers count against the cap, they could pay someone handsomely to take Michael Leighton and Jody Shelley off of their hands.
No they can't create the Cap space quite easily. They would have to make significant moves. Q offers absolutely count.

Old
06-27-2011, 08:06 AM
rainrock

Quote:
Homer " We're coming hard after Stamkos. We will free up the cap space are you on board. We'll make sure the offer is such that TB cant match ? "

Stamkos Agent " Hell Yeah! Get us the hell out of Tampa "

Homer " We are going to do whatever it takes. Briere,JVR,Coeburn,Timonken,Mezaros,voracek,Shenn. We see Stamkos as the face of the Flyers and NHl for the next decade."

Stamkos Agent " Word". Yzerman can pound sand. Stamkos wants to play in a hockey town and big market.

Old
06-27-2011, 08:08 AM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Homer " We're coming hard after Stamkos. We will free up the cap space are you on board. We'll make sure the offer is such that TB cant match ? "

Homer " We are going to do whatever it takes. Briere,JVR,Coeburn,Timonken,Mezaros,voracek,Shenn. We see Stamkos as the face of the Flyers and NHl for the next decade."

Stamkos Agent " Word". Yzerman can pound sand. Stamkos wants to play in a hockey town and big market.
And this hypothetical fantasy conversation means what? That the Flyers still aren't at risk of TB matching the offer? TB and Yzerman can also do whatever it takes to keep him. That's a two way street.

Old
06-27-2011, 08:20 AM
rainrock

Quote:
And this hypothetical fantasy conversation means what? That the Flyers still aren't at risk of TB matching the offer? TB and Yzerman can also do whatever it takes to keep him. That's a two way street.
Its a small market with limitations. They have about 5,000 people per game watching on TV. I have the the NHl package so see al the games- announced home attendance is 17,000(18th in nhl) but its more like 10,000.

There is a financial line that TB management just cant pass. Its going to take a ridiculous offer to get him out of TB but it can and WILL be done imo.

It wouldnt shock me to see a Flyers offer of 10 yr $110 M- $120 M . No way TB can match that with that market or lackthereof. With Comcast driving the NHl they will find a way to make the numbers work long term i.e. continued increase in salary cap.

Old
06-27-2011, 08:32 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
I don't think the flyers have the compensatory pics to even sign a guy like stamkos. You have to use your own pics.
They have each of their 1st round picks for the next 4 years, which is all they need.

Old
06-27-2011, 08:35 AM
IrishSniper87

They could off him 10 years $90 million. Wouldnt surprise me one bit.

Old
06-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:

No way would I trade Coeburn and Timonken for Stamkos.

Old
06-27-2011, 08:53 AM
VanSciver

Quote:
Its a small market with limitations. They have about 5,000 people per game watching on TV. I have the the NHl package so see al the games- announced home attendance is 17,000(18th in nhl) but its more like 10,000.

There is a financial line that TB management just cant pass. Its going to take a ridiculous offer to get him out of TB but it can and WILL be done imo.

It wouldnt shock me to see a Flyers offer of 10 yr $110 M- $120 M . No way TB can match that with that market or lackthereof. With Comcast driving the NHl they will find a way to make the numbers work long term i.e. continued increase in salary cap.
And the Flyers would need 10-11M in Cap space right now to make that offer. How do they get that Cap space?

Old
06-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
No way would I trade Coeburn and Timonken for Stamkos.
Are you ****ing serious? I'd drive those bums to Tampa myself. You need to have your head checked boss.

Quote:
And the Flyers would need 10-11M in Cap space right now to make that offer. How do they get that Cap space?
Wait til July 1st?

Old
06-27-2011, 09:08 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Are you ****ing serious? I'd drive those bums to Tampa myself. You need to have your head checked boss.

Wait til July 1st?
Tagging space come July 1st.

Closed Thread