HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pavelski to Toronto

Old
01-14-2010, 04:20 AM
phillipmike

vCash: 500
Pavelski to Toronto

Anyway San Jose parts with him? I expect the price tag to be high, am i over or undervaluing him?

phillipmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:31 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Pavelski is going nowhere. You'll have a better shot at Logan Couture than Joe Pavelski.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:37 AM
phillipmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Pavelski is going nowhere. You'll have a better shot at Logan Couture than Joe Pavelski.
Thought so... I really like Pavelski. Couture is on a tear, i assume his price tag would be high too. I would back off then.

Whats the update on Marleau? Has San Jose started contract talks? Marleau is playing well, it would be nice to see him stay in San Jose with Heater and Thornton.

Old
01-14-2010, 04:46 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipmike View Post
Thought so... I really like Pavelski. Couture is on a tear, i assume his price tag would be high too. I would back off then.

Whats the update on Marleau? Has San Jose started contract talks? Marleau is playing well, it would be nice to see him stay in San Jose with Heater and Thornton.
So far as I know, there aren't contract talks going on with anyone.

Old
01-14-2010, 04:51 AM
phillipmike

Quote:
So far as I know, there aren't contract talks going on with anyone.
What's your take on the case? Should he be re-signed? If so whats the most you would offer?

Old
01-14-2010, 05:21 AM
aznkukuboi

Since most people contend Pavs is a future captain, I don't think he'll be traded at all.

I'm guessing Marleau will take a home town discount and sign $5 mil.

I'm up for Setoguchi + pick for Ian White!

aznkukuboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 07:35 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkukuboi View Post
Since most people contend Pavs is a future captain, I don't think he'll be traded at all.

I'm guessing Marleau will take a home town discount and sign $5 mil.

I'm up for Setoguchi + pick for Ian White!

That **** wouldn't even work in NHL10.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
What's your take on the case? Should he be re-signed? If so whats the most you would offer?
Personally, I'd give Marleau whatever the hell he wants and work around it. If I had a choice in the matter, I'd give him a long term contract to get the cap hit down and give him the first handful of years with an NMC or NTC. I would be thrilled if he sign an 8 year, 40-45 million dollar contract with 5 years of an NMC.

That kind of contract helps the team in the immediate future, overpays Marleau in the latter stages of the contract in return for underpaying him in the early stages. He is the single most important player on the Sharks and losing him shouldn't even be considered an option but with GM's these days, who the hell knows?

Old
01-14-2010, 09:02 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
That **** wouldn't even work in NHL10.
The guys a Sharks fan...

Anyways, I agree, I don't see the Sharks paying that high a price for White. If I was Burke, I make that trade no problem.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Mojo19
He's Big, He's Bald

I doubt SJ would want to give up Couture...... but he does represent a glaring need of Toronto's. The bad part, is SJ really doesn't have any bad contracts so there are no underperforming players with larger contracts that SJ could give up in order to take on a salary like Kaberle's.

What about this though?

To SJ
Tomas Kaberle ($4.25M)

To TOR
Doug Murray ($2.5M)
Logan Couture
1st Round 2010

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:33 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo027 View Post
I doubt SJ would want to give up Couture...... but he does represent a glaring need of Toronto's. The bad part, is SJ really doesn't have any bad contracts so there are no underperforming players with larger contracts that SJ could give up in order to take on a salary like Kaberle's.

What about this though?

To SJ
Tomas Kaberle ($4.25M)

To TOR
Doug Murray ($2.5M)
Logan Couture
1st Round 2010
Salary cap says no. Remember, Couture is not on the roster right now so you just basically dumped 1.75m on a team with 40k in cap space.

To be honest, i don't even like the deal that much. I don't think Kaberle is what we need, and we couldn't afford to keep him next season anyway. Plus trading Murray in the deal creates another hole we can't fill.

I still think the best options are deals centered around Clowe for White , Couture for Schenn, maybe Mitchell for a prospect.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:53 AM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:

What about this though?

To SJ
Tomas Kaberle ($4.25M)

To TOR
Doug Murray ($2.5M)
Logan Couture
1st Round 2010
I don't think SJ can afford to part with Murray.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 01:11 PM
ThorntonFan19

Quote:

What about this though?

To SJ
Tomas Kaberle ($4.25M)

To TOR
Doug Murray ($2.5M)
Logan Couture
1st Round 2010
We dont want Kaberle. Couture and Murray are untouchable.

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Angry Penguin

white and any one of out centers (not kadri)
for pavelski and huskins (salary dump)
enough?

Angry Penguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 01:24 PM
MauDevils

Quote:
Couture is on a tear
1g 1a in 11 games is a tear?

I don't know much about him, was he tearing it up in the minors or something?

MauDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 01:28 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauDevils View Post
1g 1a in 11 games is a tear?

I don't know much about him, was he tearing it up in the minors or something?
14g 25a in 28gp. 1.44ppg

I'd call that a tear. Highest ppg avg in the AHL currently. Slightly ahead of Giroux.

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....pe=top_scorers

And no he didn't have a lot of points in his time up in the NHL, but this is his first pro year and he was playing on the 4th line with Shelley and Staubitz. Not exactly a goal scoring tandem.

Old
01-14-2010, 01:28 PM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=724485

Most Sharks fans would keep Pavelski over Nabokov. Young two-way guys like Pavelski, Zajac, Kesler and Koivu just don't get moved that often.

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 02:17 PM
MauDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
14g 25a in 28gp. 1.44ppg

I'd call that a tear. Highest ppg avg in the AHL currently. Slightly ahead of Giroux.

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....pe=top_scorers

And no he didn't have a lot of points in his time up in the NHL, but this is his first pro year and he was playing on the 4th line with Shelley and Staubitz. Not exactly a goal scoring tandem.
Cool thanks. Wasn't an insult or anything, really didn't know much about him.

MauDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 03:29 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Personally, I don't think Couture will be going anywhere either. Doug Wilson has already traded away too many draft picks and good prospects. Couture is one of the better and, he'd be really really stupid to move him, in the fans eyes especially.

Quote:
Pav's is an almost guaranteed re-sign. If the club loses him, they have absolutely no second line leader. Clowe or Seto are nowhere close to being the head of line 2. Clowe would be the easiest one to move from that line. But then again............

Quote:

What about this though?

To SJ
Tomas Kaberle ($4.25M)

To TOR
Doug Murray ($2.5M)
Logan Couture
1st Round 2010

Murray?? As in Pav's, almost a no way. Kaberle is not even close enough at all to what the Sharks would "lose" in that deal. Doug Wilson would have to be fired the same day he made that deal.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 03:48 PM
seanlinden

These teams really aren't solid trading partners.

Pavelski is very valuable to the sharks and the Leafs aren't really in a position to part with enough to make it happen. A deal that I could see as being a possibility is something along the lines of Clowe heading to Toronto; with the obvious problem being that SJ doesn't want to shake up their roster. However, if they did to move Clowe (cap obviously a big factor), then the leafs would be in a position to put together an offer -- although again I'm not even sure what SJ would want. The only 2 names that strike me are Kaberle & White -- neither of which should be available for Clowe.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:00 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
These teams really aren't solid trading partners.

Very true on this. Especially with Burke at the helm in T.O. Old rivals.

Pavelski is very valuable to the sharks and the Leafs aren't really in a position to part with enough to make it happen. A deal that I could see as being a possibility is something along the lines of Clowe heading to Toronto; with the obvious problem being that SJ doesn't want to shake up their roster. However, if they did to move Clowe (cap obviously a big factor), then the leafs would be in a position to put together an offer -- although again I'm not even sure what SJ would want. The only 2 names that strike me are Kaberle & White -- neither of which should be available for Clowe.

Clowe might be the one to go in a trade with our Sharks. A move straight up for the likes of Kaberle could be a possibility. Could be the power forward the leafs need alongside Kessel. As well remember, Clowe is only 26 so, still a pretty young player. But, more realistically a multi player deal in which the Sharks may try to move Huskins as well or Huskins alone. I think Doug Wilson might want to hold onto Clowe "during" this season for the hopes of a run for the cup.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:18 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
Clowe might be the one to go in a trade with our Sharks. A move straight up for the likes of Kaberle could be a possibility. Could be the power forward the leafs need alongside Kessel. As well remember, Clowe is only 26 so, still a pretty young player. But, more realistically a multi player deal in which the Sharks may try to move Huskins as well or Huskins alone. I think Doug Wilson might want to hold onto Clowe "during" this season for the hopes of a run for the cup.
As I mentioned, Clowe isn't anywhere near enough to justify moving Kaberle. He might be the left winger we need, but he's problably not, he's more of a 2nd line guy. He's basically Alexei Ponikarovsky with a more aggressive game and long term deal. That being said, he'd definitely be a valuable player to add to our forward group (on either the first or second line left wing), but not at the cost of Kaberle or White.

If SJ had a young high end puckmoving defensive prospect ready for the NHL, then maybe you make Clowe + that prospect for White, but the fact is that SJ's prospect pool is downright embarassing once you get past Couture & Petrecki (and the goaltenders). Unless SJ was looking for a straight salary dump for the future (and looking to try and re-stock the pool a bit), I really see no deal occuring. if they were though, you could problably fathom something along the lines of Ponikarovsky + Hanson + Stefanovich.

Old
01-14-2010, 04:33 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
As I mentioned, Clowe isn't anywhere near enough to justify moving Kaberle. He might be the left winger we need, but he's problably not, he's more of a 2nd line guy. He's basically Alexei Ponikarovsky with a more aggressive game and long term deal. That being said, he'd definitely be a valuable player to add to our forward group (on either the first or second line left wing), but not at the cost of Kaberle or White.

If SJ had a young high end puckmoving defensive prospect ready for the NHL, then maybe you make Clowe + that prospect for White, but the fact is that SJ's prospect pool is downright embarassing once you get past Couture & Petrecki (and the goaltenders). Unless SJ was looking for a straight salary dump for the future (and looking to try and re-stock the pool a bit), I really see no deal occuring. if they were though, you could problably fathom something along the lines of Ponikarovsky + Hanson + Stefanovich.
Heh, you have no idea what your talking about.

Demers = exactly what you just said. Kids going to be amazing. Puck moving, slick skating, Boyle type defensmen.

Moore = Large Shutdown D, playing great hockey for us in the AHL

Patrecki = Playing like absolute crap.

And that's just the AHL, we are loaded with defensive prospects. Forwards wise we have Couture, Ferriero, Zalewski all tearing it up in the AHL.

We have a fantastic prospect pool right now. I have no complaints.

Old
01-14-2010, 04:42 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Heh, you have no idea what your talking about.

Demers = exactly what you just said. Kids going to be amazing. Puck moving, slick skating, Boyle type defensmen.

Moore = Large Shutdown D, playing great hockey for us in the AHL

Patrecki = Playing like absolute crap.

And that's just the AHL, we are loaded with defensive prospects. Forwards wise we have Couture, Ferriero, Zalewski all tearing it up in the AHL.

We have a fantastic prospect pool right now. I have no complaints.
A fan of any team can talk about all the great names in their prospect pool and how they're all going to be NHLers. The reality is that you've gotta look at an impartial source, and even this website says that the best non-goaltender after Couture & Petrecki is a 6.5C. That's not something to be proud of.

Old
01-14-2010, 04:46 PM
gabeliscious

would something around clowe, couture, 1st'10 for kabs, and one of hagman, poni, stempniak be doable?

i figure couture plus 1st =kabs, hag/poni/stempns = clowe????

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote