HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

B. Richards telling people he's going to New York

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
What are you talking about fool??? The Rangers are going to win the CUP. Richards is all they neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.
It does put them in contention i believe. If MDZ steps it up like he did his rookie season and Richards and Gaborik fit well together, Rangers will be dangerous.

Old
06-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem View Post
And they also want to play for your team? the Leafs have to overpay for players to play there, it's just that simple.

COMMON RICHARDS PLEASE GO TO NEW YORK AND PLAY WITH GABBY.
Compare the amount of free agents between the two. Yeah, Burke may overpay, but that doesn't mean players aren't excited to play in one of the biggest hockey markets. Get over it.

And even if Edmonton could overpay, no one would want to play there still. It's just that simple.

Old
06-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Kershaw

Suck it in Leaf fans, Richards loves the city and he'll play in Broadway.

Old
06-27-2011, 03:22 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
It does put them in contention i believe. If MDZ steps it up like he did his rookie season and Richards and Gaborik fit well together, Rangers will be dangerous.
No more so than the Leafs if a bunch of IFS fall into place for them as well.

If Phaneuf steps up like he has in the past and Richards and Kessel fit well together, Leafs will be dangerous.

By the way, I am a fan of neither team.

Wait, does anyone have the franchise ranking list the Hockey news did in June?

Old
06-27-2011, 03:23 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
Suck it in Leaf fans, Richards loves the city and he'll play in Broadway.
come back and talk **** when he signs with the NYR.

Old
06-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
Well it came out of Richie's mouth that he wants to play in New York and never even mentioned a sniff of the Leafs.

You guys can still have Brooks Laich tho.

Old
06-27-2011, 03:25 PM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲

vCash: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
Compare the amount of free agents between the two. Yeah, Burke may overpay, but that doesn't mean players aren't excited to play in one of the biggest hockey markets. Get over it.

And even if Edmonton could overpay, no one would want to play there still. It's just that simple.
If they overpay players like Toronto does pretty sure they'll come here I mean guys like
Komisarek and Lebda are #5/6 defensemans, both of them would go to war in Iraq for that kinda of money bro.

Old
06-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Really? Go make a poll asking HF users how many of them think the Rangers are a lock to even make the playoffs? The two team's aren't that far part, despite what Rags fans think of their overrated team and prospects like Valentenko. I've never seen a 24 y/o defensive d-man who hasn't sniffed an NHL minute thought so highly of The fact you included Kundratek in your list is furthermore embarrassing
Really? because what i see is a better team than the leafs at every position, along with the better prospects coming through the ranks. The two teams are further apart than your stating and closer together than im stating. But the reality remains. the rangers have the better team and the better prospect pool.

HA your a fool since you know absolutely NOTHING about the rangers or their prospects. V-tank is 23yo and plays an extremly similiar game to Sauer who has made himself into a top 4 dman. V-tank has that ability to be a solid 2nd pairing dman with a shot at the point and should have made the team last season.

Kundratek is 21yo and was the most consistant defensman on the Rangers AHL squad this year. Very solid 2-way player and should make the team next year.

MDZ had a incredible rookie season, and a bad sophmore slump. Lets see what he puts together this year bc he has all the tools to be a very talented offensive dman.

McIlrath has the ability to be a Beaukeboom type defenseman.

Pashnin is very talented player playing on the top pair in russia's mens league and did fairly well. He is coming over this year and will prove his worth as being a solid 2nd pairing dman.

Mcdonagh as you saw has the ability to be a top pairing dman

Sauer is the next Girardi

Erixon we have been told is ready for top 4 min in the nhl by many of our scouts and said to have top paring potential.

Its embarrasing that someone would come in to this convo without any info on the other teams players. You have no idea what your talking about when it comes to the rangers and their players.

Old
06-27-2011, 03:28 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Really? Go make a poll asking HF users how many of them think the Rangers are a lock to even make the playoffs? The two team's aren't that far part, despite what Rags fans think of their overrated team and prospects like Valentenko. I've never seen a 24 y/o defensive d-man who hasn't sniffed an NHL minute thought so highly of The fact you included Kundratek in your list is furthermore embarrassing
It usually takes the average NHL defender until that age to finally start putting it together and crack the league. Not every player has a similar path of development, some take longer than others, but it doesn't mean that player won't make it. Valentenko will have a shot at making the team this training camp. He'll be going up against some vet try out and Del Zotto as well as Tomas Kundratek.

He was also drafted in 2006, and is 23 years old (will be 24 in October). He's still a promising player. Will he be more than a 5th or 6th defender? Maybe not, at least not on the Rangers, but he has a shot to be an NHL player. People though Mike Sauer was a bust or overrated as a prospect too, but I think his season last year speaks for itself.

To be on topic: Richards has a bunch of teams that could possibly sign him with the cap going up, but, his likely destination is the NYR. Anyone disputing that the Rangers should be the front-runners are a bit delusional. At the trade deadline, he did waive his NTC for the NYR and only the NYR. To say he wants to be here is quite obvious. Brooks is just trying to rile people up and make sure his articles get read.

I think his most likely teams in order are: NYR, TBL, TML, BUF. Those places will give him a long term contract and the money he seeks. If he wants to win a cup in the next two years, he could sign with one of: DET, PHI, or LA. He could go there on a 1 or 2 year deal, get the amount he'd want for those seasons AND be on one of the better teams in the league. Those teams are the most ready to win right now. The other teams could become a lot better with Richards on the team, but I'm not sure they'd win a cup with him in the next 2 seasons.

Old
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem View Post
If they overpay players like Toronto does pretty sure they'll come here I mean guys like
Komisarek and Lebda are #5/6 defensemans, both of them would go to war in Iraq for that kinda of money bro.
Yeah, too bad they've signed other UFA's than those two.

Keep talking ****, at least players don't veto trades to Toronto. Only you guys hold that accomplishment.

Old
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Friday can't come soon enough

Old
06-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
No more so than the Leafs if a bunch of IFS fall into place for them as well.

If Phaneuf steps up like he has in the past and Richards and Kessel fit well together, Leafs will be dangerous.

By the way, I am a fan of neither team.

Wait, does anyone have the franchise ranking list the Hockey news did in June?
I don't want to be involved in this pissing match. But the Rangers are basically a supporting cast right now without a number one center. Add in that center and the young team that had a decent year and a defense that was very good, will likely improve a lot.

I'm not trying to be a homer, but the Rangers really had glimpses of brilliant play throughout much of the season and if Richards plays the way I believe he will (and if he signs with the Rangers of course) then I fully expect us to be contenders.

Old
06-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Persuasion
Keep Kulie

Didn't Brooks also say there's no way Rangers sign him? Maybe his last few "Richards to elsewhere" articles were low in hits and his editor is upset.

Lets just wait till July 1 and see what happens.

Us Leaf fans are used to being disappointed anyways

Old
06-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Kershaw

How the heck did an Oilers fan get stuck in an argument between Rangers and Leaf fans?

Old
06-27-2011, 03:31 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Really? because what i see is a better team than the leafs at every position, along with the better prospects coming through the ranks. The two teams are further apart than your stating and closer together than im stating. But the reality remains. the rangers have the better team and the better prospect pool.

HA your a fool since you know absolutely NOTHING about the rangers or their prospects. V-tank is 23yo and plays an extremly similiar game to Sauer who has made himself into a top 4 dman. V-tank has that ability to be a solid 2nd pairing dman with a shot at the point and should have made the team last season.

Kundratek is 21yo and was the most consistant defensman on the Rangers AHL squad this year. Very solid 2-way player and should make the team next year.

MDZ had a incredible rookie season, and a bad sophmore slump. Lets see what he puts together this year bc he has all the tools to be a very talented offensive dman.

Pashnin is very talented player playing on the top pair in russia's mens league and did fairly well. He is coming over this year and will prove his worth as being a solid 2nd pairing dman.

Erixon we have been told is ready for top 4 min in the nhl by many of our scouts and said to have top paring potential.

Its embarrasing that someone would come in to this convo without any info on the other teams players. You have no idea what your talking about when it comes to the rangers and their players.
And it appears you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the Leafs.

The Leaf fans are actually admitting their shortcomings. Ranger fans are already planning their cup parade route.

Old
06-27-2011, 03:32 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
Do we come back and mock the leafs fans when he does sign with NYR?

The Leafs fans in this thread are clearly giving us all the motivation to do so.

I mean why go to the Leafs, when that franchise blew the Kessel trade and also traded Kaberle to the Bruins who in turn won the cup.

Richards would have to laugh at Brian Burke for that...He is in no mood to regress in his career, now is he?

Rangers have some work to do, but at least they have a top notch goaltender, former coach, young players contributing to the team's playoffs, also an opening as captain of the Rangers.

Old
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
Difference being the Leafs fans here agree that they're team is mediocore, whereas the Rangers fans are talking as if they're the next big thing, all while claiming the Leafs suck even though they're not far off.
Totally not true. lol

Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
How the heck did an Oilers fan get stuck in an argument between Rangers and Leaf fans?
When the Leafs and Rangers are involved, the two most respected franchises in the whole NHL, then clearly the fans of other, inferior teams are going to want to join in.

Sense the sarcasm muahahahah

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post

Way to optimistic...... I do think having Henrik Lundqvist instead of James Reimer splits the decision on which team is better argument.

Old
06-27-2011, 03:33 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
I don't want to be involved in this pissing match. But the Rangers are basically a supporting cast right now without a number one center. Add in that center and the young team that had a decent year and a defense that was very good, will likely improve a lot.

I'm not trying to be a homer, but the Rangers really had glimpses of brilliant play throughout much of the season and if Richards plays the way I believe he will (and if he signs with the Rangers of course) then I fully expect us to be contenders.
The Leafs had glimpses of brilliant play too.

Old
Suntouchable13

Quote:

You're the only respectful Ranger fan in this entire thread so far.

Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
And it appears you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the Leafs.

The Leaf fans are actually admitting their shortcomings. Ranger fans are already planning their cup parade route.
No need to plan it, we know the route perfectly

Thank you yankees

Old
06-27-2011, 03:34 PM
SensFan26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch View Post
Richards > Holik + Gomez + Drury

He's gonna look mighty good in Red White and Blue
Montreal?

Old
06-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
When the Leafs and Rangers are involved, the two most respected franchises in the whole NHL, then clearly the fans of other, inferior teams are going to want to join in.

Sense the sarcasm muahahahah
Touche.

Old
06-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Do we come back and mock the leafs fans when he does sign with NYR?

The Leafs fans in this thread are clearly giving us all the motivation to do so.

I mean why go to the Leafs, when that franchise blew the Kessel trade and also traded Kaberle to the Bruins who in turn won the cup.

Richards would have to laugh at Brian Burke for that...He is in no mood to regress in his career, now is he?

Rangers have some work to do, but at least they have a top notch goaltender, former coach, young players contributing to the team's playoffs, also an opening as captain of the Rangers.
Yea, totally blew it. Not like they got a young 30+ goal scorer out of it.

Closed Thread