HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pyatt, Pouliot, Picard, Boyd, and Dawes NOT tendered qualifying offer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2011, 12:42 AM
  #301
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
classy interview ... doesn't sound like a head case at all . Admitted his faults and is looking to move on ... he wasn't nearly as bad as his reputation on this board was.

the latendresse/pouillot trade was worth it only to see how a man should walk out the door... at least pouilot didn't sound like he was entitled to royal treatments.

can't understand why he didn't get a contract offer from PG considering how much he is making, and how talented he is. Low risk, high possible reward. no one can say that he will pot 30 this year, but no one can say that he won't, and never will given decent linemates and some PP time.

edit : watch people on the ''WTF! gomez'' bandwagon come here and say that he was given good linemates to succeed.


Last edited by THE HOFF: 07-01-2011 at 12:48 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 02:30 AM
  #302
The Russian General
Força Portugal
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 11,551
vCash: 500
What I love about the interview is what he says about the locker room. Great to hear.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 02:48 AM
  #303
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,557
vCash: 500
Pouliot is soooo signing with ottawa

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 03:15 AM
  #304
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Passing on Pouliot confuses the **** out of me..

He's only 24 FFS!

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 03:15 AM
  #305
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Benoit Pouliot "exclusive" interview from RDS (Sorry for the little voice delay)

Some key points:

-Some Europeans teams made offers.
-3 NHL teams might make an offer from Friday. (All Eastern Conference teams)
Did he mention any teams or leagues?
I can see Pouliot having a succesful career in Europe, but I think he should have been given another shot with the Habs.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 03:36 AM
  #306
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Passing on Pouliot confuses the **** out of me..

He's only 24 FFS!
MTL always gives up on young players. It's really starting to bother me. Look at how many players we have drafted recently (say 2005 and on).

* Weber
* Subban
* Plekanec
* White (maybe)
* Kostitsyn
* Pacioretty

Most of them are still fairly young too. Only really Kostitsyn and Plekanec have lasted the test of time. I remember reading in THN last year that MTL has the most draft picks of recent years playing in the NHL too. But just look at the prospects who have went onto bigger things on other clubs just recently (off memory);

* O'Bryne
* S. Kostitsyn
* Latendresse
* D'Agostini
* Grabovski

Don't be surprised if Pouliot scores 45-points this year on a different club. Wouldn't be the first time...

PS. I know Pouliot wasn't drafted, but he was still fairly young (22, I think?) when we got home. Just gave up on him way too fast.


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 07-01-2011 at 03:42 AM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 03:48 AM
  #307
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Seriously? Have you ever watched Guillaume Latendresse play hockey?
He was second on our team the year he was traded. In 56 games, he had recorded 140 hits.

He had 27 goals and 40 points (157 hits) in his last full season. He also had 6 points in 11 games last year.

After leaving MTL, it's quite clear he realized he had to work hard to not be a fan favourite now.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 03:51 AM
  #308
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,609
vCash: 1707
i still hope goat offers him a contract come FA time

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 03:53 AM
  #309
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Just curious, what has Pouliot shown you this year from last year that he will be a regular nhler. What improvements in his development did he make because I couldn't see jack ****.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 04:02 AM
  #310
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
When you say '7 mins a night', do you actually mean 'an average of 11 and a half minutes a night over the course of last regular season, with a maximum of over 18 minutes and more than ten minutes in a total of 59 games'?

Because that's quite a lot different from 7 minutes a night. Are the facts so inconvenient that you need to change them to suit your agenda?
So he should become a superstar with 11 minutes a night? What a joke, for the amount of time the guy was given he was probably one of our most productive players.

Do you get off on tossing around stats like they prove something? Watch some games, Pouliot was stuck with poor linemates and severly punished for any failure. Hardly a nuturing enviroment for a young player to develop in.

11 minutes a night is nothing, players don't really produce decent points until they are getting 15+ minutes regularly. See how I tossed that "regularly" in there so you couldn't just run back saying "BUt bUT on DecEmBRR 12 he gots 18mins and Did NUTHING!! hahA!!!"

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 04:34 AM
  #311
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
So he should become a superstar with 11 minutes a night? What a joke, for the amount of time the guy was given he was probably one of our most productive players.

Do you get off on tossing around stats like they prove something? Watch some games, Pouliot was stuck with poor linemates and severly punished for any failure. Hardly a nuturing enviroment for a young player to develop in.

11 minutes a night is nothing, players don't really produce decent points until they are getting 15+ minutes regularly. See how I tossed that "regularly" in there so you couldn't just run back saying "BUt bUT on DecEmBRR 12 he gots 18mins and Did NUTHING!! hahA!!!"
Joke's on you for whining cause the poor kid only averaged 7 min a game...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 05:00 AM
  #312
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
So he should become a superstar with 11 minutes a night? What a joke, for the amount of time the guy was given he was probably one of our most productive players.

Do you get off on tossing around stats like they prove something? Watch some games, Pouliot was stuck with poor linemates and severly punished for any failure. Hardly a nuturing enviroment for a young player to develop in.

11 minutes a night is nothing, players don't really produce decent points until they are getting 15+ minutes regularly. See how I tossed that "regularly" in there so you couldn't just run back saying "BUt bUT on DecEmBRR 12 he gots 18mins and Did NUTHING!! hahA!!!"
You were the one who came up with the 'stat' to back up your argument, I merely pointed out that your stat was completely made up.

Stats don't tell you everything about a player at all, but if you're going to use them to support your point, use the real ones.

Obviously, the alternative explanation is that it wasn't just a rumour and Pouliot really was invisible for 33% of the time he was on the ice. But that doesn't really help your argument either...

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 05:00 AM
  #313
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,609
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Just curious, what has Pouliot shown you this year from last year that he will be a regular nhler. What improvements in his development did he make because I couldn't see jack ****.
gut instinct that he will get better.

his problems are in his head and it's nothing a good shrink or falling and hitting your head in the bathtub can't fix

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 05:43 AM
  #314
Rutabaga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Country: France
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
MTL always gives up on young players. It's really starting to bother me. Look at how many players we have drafted recently (say 2005 and on).

* Weber
* Subban
* Plekanec
* White (maybe)
* Kostitsyn
* Pacioretty

Most of them are still fairly young too. Only really Kostitsyn and Plekanec have lasted the test of time. I remember reading in THN last year that MTL has the most draft picks of recent years playing in the NHL too. But just look at the prospects who have went onto bigger things on other clubs just recently (off memory);

* O'Bryne
* S. Kostitsyn
* Latendresse
* D'Agostini
* Grabovski

Don't be surprised if Pouliot scores 45-points this year on a different club. Wouldn't be the first time...

PS. I know Pouliot wasn't drafted, but he was still fairly young (22, I think?) when we got home. Just gave up on him way too fast.
You cant have a lineup full of young players and expect your team to be successful. Vets are usually underrated, and dont forget that young players are usually quite inconsistent, prone to lose their focus etc. Having some of them, no problem, but you should not rely too much on them. Thats not exactly the point here, i know, but we need to remember that.

Anyway, the number of roster spots is limited. Lets assume that Grabovski or Latendresse did managed to find a spot in our roster. Then, what to do with Pacioretty or Desharnais, 18 months later ? You have to chose which young players you are ready to go with, thats not exactly giving up, its often a choice that has to be made between young players.

In the latest case, Pouliot, he doesnt seem to understand very well whats his job within the team, and he's really struggling with his confidence. Confidence is huge, obviously, but a guy like Eller was very unlucky this year, yet, he kept going...

Then, we have to make a choice. Should we keep Pouliot ? Considering the needs of the team, where he is when we compare him to the other rookies or young players in the team (Pacioretty, Eller and Desharnais, thats 3 players under 100 games alongside him, thats rare for a playoff team to ice that kind of player, plus Subban and potentially Weber on the D !), its quite difficult to find him a spot. He's what the #5 winger on the team, and two behind him are much more reliable than him, which makes him, at best an average 3rd line winger ?...

We could have kept him for one more year, i think, but im quite sure that he would have been dumped anyway, because then, we'll need room for Palushaj and Engqvist, at least. Unless his play improved greatly, but i dont think he can. Its in the head, and in Montreal, thats not looking good.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:00 AM
  #315
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
You mean the 240lb forward who potted 25 goals his last healthy year? Yes, I do remember him. Are you joining the 'Latendresse is fat, slow and sucks' group now? I thought that bandwagon was all full, I guess not?
He doesn't suck, but he is fat and slow. Came into camp out of shape for the Wild and got injured because of it.

He still has poor work ethic. We'll see how he does next year.

Not that he can't be a good player, just needs to take his smug face out of his bum.

Em Ancien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:11 AM
  #316
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,452
vCash: 500
Give me the player who is confident enough in his abilities to be upset that the management was misusing him like so many other young players under Martin and who then goes to show everyone he was right and they were wrong over the classy guy who leaves with them classy words yet couldn't get much done on the ice.

A good team is not made of people with Pouliot's character as much as I think the habs are making yet another mistake in not qualifying him, especially since I strongly doubt they spend to the cap this year.

Yet give me the fatty confident big winger who can score 30 goals over the frail guy who doesn't work any harder and can't pot 30 goals. Basic math really. Not really shocking people didn't see it back then, not any more shocked that people fail to see that now. I guess it's a lot easier to make fat jokes and dump on the french kid.


Last edited by E = CH²: 07-01-2011 at 07:13 AM.
E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:19 AM
  #317
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
He doesn't suck, but he is fat and slow. Came into camp out of shape for the Wild and got injured because of it.

He still has poor work ethic. We'll see how he does next year.

Not that he can't be a good player, just needs to take his smug face out of his bum.
He probably wasn't in as good a shape as he should have been but to say a pro hockey player is "fat" is pretty comical. Compared to the general public he would be in great shape.

Fat or not he is 5 times the player Pouliot is and it was dumb to run him into the ground and trade him for Pouliot...not JM's greatest moment when we were desperate for a big winger in the top 6.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:24 AM
  #318
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He probably wasn't in as good a shape as he should have been but to say a pro hockey player is "fat" is pretty comical. Compared to the general public he would be in great shape.

Fat or not he is 5 times the player Pouliot is and it was dumb to run him into the ground and trade him for Pouliot...not JM's greatest moment when we were desperate for a big winger in the top 6.
True, and I agree, but any time you call a hockey player fat, it's not like he's really fat.

But I'm not sure what you wanted JM to do...hand him minutes when the guy didn't bother coming into shape to camp and fight for a spot? All he had to do was beat out Pacioretty. He couldn't do that.

The guy had no clue what to do in the NHL, can't blame JM for throwing him under the bus if he wants to hold people accountable.

Em Ancien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:38 AM
  #319
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
True, and I agree, but any time you call a hockey player fat, it's not like he's really fat.

But I'm not sure what you wanted JM to do...hand him minutes when the guy didn't bother coming into shape to camp and fight for a spot? All he had to do was beat out Pacioretty. He couldn't do that.

The guy had no clue what to do in the NHL, can't blame JM for throwing him under the bus if he wants to hold people accountable.
SK camne to camp out of shape and he was playing top 6 minutes as soon as he was healthy. How did Pouliot EARN his top 6 spot? He showed up and was given the spot on Gio and Gomez' wing.

Latendresse was coming off a 16 goal year playing with guys like Kostopoulos and Lapierre, that alone should earn you an extended look on a top 6.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:44 AM
  #320
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
SK camne to camp out of shape and he was playing top 6 minutes as soon as he was healthy. How did Pouliot EARN his top 6 spot? He showed up and was given the spot on Gio and Gomez' wing.

Latendresse was coming off a 16 goal year playing with guys like Kostopoulos and Lapierre, that alone should earn you an extended look on a top 6.
SK got minutes because of injuries.

Pouliot got it because the Habs wanted to give a player they just acquired a chance. He got bumped down once he cooled off.

Pretty simple. We had Lapierre with Plekanec and Cammalleri at one point. JM obviously cares more about a player's work ethic than raw talent.

Latendresse was just beyond blind to not see all he had to do was give a ****.

Em Ancien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:46 AM
  #321
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
SK got minutes because of injuries.

Pouliot got it because the Habs wanted to give a player they just acquired a chance. He got bumped down once he cooled off.

Pretty simple. We had Lapierre with Plekanec and Cammalleri at one point. JM obviously cares more about a player's work ethic than raw talent.

Latendresse was just beyond blind to not see all he had to do was give a ****.
That's ********...SK got tons of top 6 ice time BEFORE Latendresse was traded...the fact that Lapierre got extended ice time on a scoring line is also alarming...poor asset mangement with Lats.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:49 AM
  #322
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That's ********...SK got tons of top 6 ice time BEFORE Latendresse was traded...the fact that Lapierre got extended ice time on a scoring line is also alarming...poor asset mangement with Lats.
Lats traded : Nov 23rd

SK first game played in 09-10 : Nov 24th



Maybe you should do some fact checking before turning bitter on JM.

Em Ancien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:51 AM
  #323
HabsDood
Registered User
 
HabsDood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Carignan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,282
vCash: 500
We should sing Pouliot and trade him later if he still doesn't fit, give him another chance.. He had time to think..

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:52 AM
  #324
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Lats traded : Nov 23rd

SK first game played in 09-10 : Nov 24th



Maybe you should do some fact checking before turning bitter on JM.
SK played 108 games in Montreal BEFORE that, most of them on the top 2 lines.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:53 AM
  #325
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
We should sing Pouliot and trade him later if he still doesn't fit, give him another chance.. He had time to think..
I'd rather use that 1.5 mil on a player that will actually contribute.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.