HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next Season's Roster (All Trade, UFA Signing and Re-Signing Discussion) Part III

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

vCash: 500
@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

It's believed VAN is now asking other NHL teams if they have interest in acquiring Ehrhoff's negotiating rights prior to July 1.

Imagine that.

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Old
06-28-2011, 01:56 PM
skilks
This is nightmare

Maybe he just wants back to SJ

Old
06-28-2011, 01:56 PM
ramstoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post

It's believed VAN is now asking other NHL teams if they have interest in acquiring Ehrhoff's negotiating rights prior to July 1.

Imagine that.
obviously you havent heard of the great ehrhoff conspiracy.

you see DW told error that if he goes to vancouver for a couple of years the sharks will bring him back when his contract is up, at a hometown discount of course, and that they would be poised for the cup at that time. this has been planned for years.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
From an eyeball Jokinen looks to be too high. I'm assuming you mean Jussi

He will get somewhere in 3mil. Use Seto as a comparable - Jokinen had a 30 goal season 2 seasons ago, and this season he had a 19 goal season, with 52 points. Unfortunately, if Talbot is getting 1.5, I don't see Jussi getting 2.
Yah, I actually meant 3mil, typo.
There's plenty of space still.

Old
06-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Yah, I actually meant 3mil, typo.
There's plenty of space still.
Edit: Nevermind

Old
06-28-2011, 02:05 PM
SJeasy

Quote:

Imagine that.
From other places, it is believed that he was offered Bieksa money. At the outset of the season, they were talking $5mil a year and could not get a deal done. Curran is his agent and I would think that Curran knows of teams that will offer substantially more.

Old
06-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
From other places, it is believed that he was offered Bieksa money. At the outset of the season, they were talking $5mil a year and could not get a deal done. Curran is his agent and I would think that Curran knows of teams that will offer substantially more.
5+ million for ehrhoff, i pity the fool that gives out that amount for him.

Old
06-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
In a world where Kevin Bieksa can make 4.6 a year, some team will give Ehrhoff 5+ easily.

Old
06-28-2011, 02:45 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Mr T?

Old
06-28-2011, 02:51 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
My guess is $5.5mil. He can work with the right team/partners. His PP numbers (not goals and assists but team effect) are really high in the range of widely acknowledged PP QBs. I suspect the drop from the $5mil offer at the outset of the year is his defensive dropoff. With the way he has been treated, I am not surprised that he is going for the $.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:00 PM
gonegonegone*

brooks laich got 4.5 million. this is more than any player on our team not in our big 4. crap UFA class + silly cap raise = massive overpayments all around. This is not the year to sign UFAs, any of these rosters with guys like leino signing for 2.5 million simply will not happen. thankfully we have minimal needs, so relatively speaking we are in good shape. best bet is to avoid july 1st and see who's left, and get them to sign cheaper 1 year contracts like we got with manny, or like what dom moore signed for a while back.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:06 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
brooks laich got 4.5 million. this is more than any player on our team not in our big 4. crap UFA class + silly cap raise = massive overpayments all around. This is not the year to sign UFAs, any of these rosters with guys like leino signing for 2.5 million simply will not happen. thankfully we have minimal needs, so relatively speaking we are in good shape. best bet is to avoid july 1st and see who's left, and get them to sign cheaper 1 year contracts like we got with manny, or like what dom moore signed for a while back.
I agree with the sentiment, but I suspect DW is going to try to get a Seto replacement early and not wait. He may end up waiting anyway. It is very clear every year that agents and the PA won't let UFA players sign dramatically undervalued contracts.

Just to give you an idea, I like Laich but consider him just a hair less than Pavs in value. We all know what Pavs got.

I think DW will also go after a PK player, but I think he will wait on that.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:14 PM
gonegonegone*

Quote:
I agree with the sentiment, but I suspect DW is going to try to get a Seto replacement early and not wait. He may end up waiting anyway. It is very clear every year that agents and the PA won't let UFA players sign dramatically undervalued contracts.

Just to give you an idea, I like Laich but consider him just a hair less than Pavs in value. We all know what Pavs got.

I think DW will also go after a PK player, but I think he will wait on that.

He's made it clear that he expects pavs to go back to a top 6 role, where he really does belong. We have our 4th line more or less w/ mcginn+desjardins+whoever. On our 3rd line we have mitchell, and if we resign wellwood for relatively cheap (i doubt this though), then we really just need 1 more fwd. DW likes to copy successful teams, so I'm going to guess we go back to 2 scoring lines + a hard nosed, fast, big, defensively good checking line, which means we can avoid 4 mil contracts to leino and wait around and see who fell through the cracks.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Hearing Joni Pitkanen is close to re-signing multi-year deal in CAR - not done yet tho - but no real progress on Chad Larose and Erik Cole.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:24 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
He's made it clear that he expects pavs to go back to a top 6 role, where he really does belong. We have our 4th line more or less w/ mcginn+desjardins+whoever. On our 3rd line we have mitchell, and if we resign wellwood for relatively cheap (i doubt this though), then we really just need 1 more fwd. DW likes to copy successful teams, so I'm going to guess we go back to 2 scoring lines + a hard nosed, fast, big, defensively good checking line, which means we can avoid 4 mil contracts to leino and wait around and see who fell through the cracks.
From what I understand, he is looking for speed/forecheck. A guy who can bump up to 2nd or 1st line in a pinch. Pretty much Seto's attributes but likely with better defense. Depending on how high up the scale, we either get 3 scoring lines or your scenario. BTW, copying success means 3 lines; Vancouver didn't win.

Boston has a pretty unique circumstance for a winner. No scorers in the league's top 25 reg season. Lucic was tops at #40.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
From what I understand, he is looking for speed/forecheck. A guy who can bump up to 2nd or 1st line in a pinch. Pretty much Seto's attributes but likely with better defense. Depending on how high up the scale, we either get 3 scoring lines or your scenario. BTW, copying success means 3 lines; Vancouver didn't win.

Boston has a pretty unique circumstance for a winner. No scorers in the league's top 25 reg season. Lucic was tops at #40.
and vancouver doesn't even really have 2 lines, they have 3 players that just happen to play on 2 seperate lines.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:30 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
and vancouver doesn't even really have 2 lines, they have 3 players that just happen to play on 2 seperate lines.
I don't want to even go there with the arguments that can be made for Raymond and Burrows from north of the border.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:31 PM
gonegonegone*

Quote:

Chara I think had a lot to do with it, and oh look we got burns! i think dw will copy van though, since they beat us. he likes to copy teams that beat us, eg neemo, hammer, eager. also it's impossbile to sign a legit scorer in this ufa class.

and wow this is going to be an atrocious class. so many teams have cap space and needs... pitkanen resigning in carolina means error is going to get like 5.5 million from some team (detroit?). a lot of the UFAers are super old, like 35-38, so look for a vet coming in? jovo? sulilvan? i can't emphasize how bad this class is. If i were a nhl player looking to get paid, and i was mediocre at best, then this is the year i would kill to ufa in. there are literally 2 or 3 ufa dmen worth signing and 5 or 6 ufa fwds. i just dont know what we can do. every contender is looking to sign one top 6 fwd (van, LA), bottom fwds (everyone), and a dman (us, vancouver, detroit). that's not counting all those poor teams that still need to reach the cap floor!

Old
06-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
I don't want to even go there with the arguments that can be made for Raymond and Burrows from north of the border.
not sure if you agree with me, or if you don't agree with me.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Chara I think had a lot to do with it, and oh look we got burns! i think dw will copy van though, since they beat us. he likes to copy teams that beat us, eg neemo, hammer, eager. also it's impossbile to sign a legit scorer in this ufa class.

and wow this is going to be an atrocious class. so many teams have cap space and needs... pitkanen resigning in carolina means error is going to get like 5.5 million from some team (detroit?). a lot of the UFAers are super old, like 35-38, so look for a vet coming in? jovo? sulilvan? i can't emphasize how bad this class is. If i were a nhl player looking to get paid, and i was mediocre at best, then this is the year i would kill to ufa in. there are literally 2 or 3 ufa dmen worth signing and 5 or 6 ufa fwds. i just dont know what we can do. every contender is looking to sign one top 6 fwd (van, LA), bottom fwds (everyone), and a dman (us, vancouver, detroit). that's not counting all those poor teams that still need to reach the cap floor!
chara and thomas were huge this playoffs. but the bruins had 4 scary lines, that could pound you into the ground with hitting, that could pass really good, that could play the cycle game, that could play defense, and were good enough to pick there spots to score the big goals.

Old
rangerssharks414

Three years, $4.5M per year for Pitkanen via McKenzie.

Old
Gilligans Island

Quote:

Hearing Joni Pitkanen is close to re-signing multi-year deal in CAR - not done yet tho - but no real progress on Chad Larose and Erik Cole.
Done. http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie...08230726516736

3 yrs @ $4.5m per.

now REALLY glad DW got Burns.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:40 PM
hockeyball

Good job DW. Had he not gone for Burns, we would have either not upgraded the D or had to massively overpay for Ehrhoff

Old
06-28-2011, 03:40 PM
gonegonegone*

wow that's a solid price for pitts imo given the env. haha van is going to lose error. you know what this means? we might stop getting "so hows patrick white doing" everytime we argue with them! cuz now we can answer "oh he turned into a 2nd. hows error doing? oh thats rt u got nothing for him."

depuis resigned for 1.5, damn i was really thinking we might get him.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:43 PM
wraith985

I did a double take when someone mentioned that Ehrhoff was -13 in this year's playoffs. Yeesh. I wouldn't be surprised if he got $5.5 million on the open market, but I sure wouldn't want to be the team that gets to ride the Ehrhoff-coaster all year long.

Closed Thread