HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bryzgalov's interview to Sports. ru; Part II

Old
06-27-2011, 08:33 PM
CSKA1974

vCash: 500
Bryzgalov's interview to Sports. ru; Part II

As promised- the second installment of Bryzgalov’s interview to Sports. ru. Please be aware that I omitted some parts that are relevant to Russia only.

A lot of people talk about superstitions, but it’s nonsense. You play so many games! Sometimes you think that you had got up on a wrong foot, had come out on the ice in a wrong way, but you played well nevertheless. The point: you have to work and not worry about nonsense.

My motto on the ice? Please read on my catching glove-“Be a fighter!” It helps when I am almost exhausted. Sometimes it seems that it’s impossible to continue. I take a look at my glove then and… fight to the end!

I try not to get upset with anyone, keep friendly relationship, and be positive in life. I live with kind soul and try not to not keep anger.

Happiness is a very complicated definition. Everyone has his own. Can it be always the same? You dreamt about good NHL contract, successful career and a lot of money 3 years ago. But the child is born and it becomes your new happiness. I want to be with my children, I would like to see them healthy and joyful. The definition of happiness is changing daily.

I came to some conclusions after the Olympic Games in Turin. I have to think about myself, my family first and then about Russia. I learnt what they feel about me there.

I have my special opinion about soccer. It’s not a real sport. Too much embellishment.. Just touch their legs and they would cry loud and would fall as if they are dead. And then they get up and run as if nothing happened. Disgusting…

My favorite soccer team- Argentina. I root for them since Maradona and Kanidji

Blonds or brunets? Most important – to have a soul clean and beautiful.

There is a statement in philosophy: if you know, you must say. It does not work in sport. How would you relate philosophically to a goal that you just let in? Sometimes I want just to drop everything…

All our troubles are of our own making.

I do not like attention. You know, one of my favorite book characters said: I like to sit low- it’s not too dangerous to fall.

I think that a hockey player is made by a game. Real pros are evaluating you. If you are worthy of a certain sum of money you will get your contract. The one you deserve. Regardless of talks about you.

I like Russian classic literature, the books of great authors. I like history. I like to watch shows about animals, open space.

I like to listen to a piano. My sister had played piano for 9 years. I could not stand piano when she was practicing! But missed it later on and started listening.

Generally, all of have to think what we will do when we destroy Earth? There is no other planet where we could relocate. We have to take care of it, not of our wallets or stomachs (sounds a little hypocritical, does not it? CSKA)

About my private life- the less you know the better will be your sleep.

I do not allow my children to do anything they can. They are not allowed to talk back to adults, for instance. I can scold them, but I have never hit them.

I am a good cook. Everyone likes it. I can cook Caucasian dishes and kebob and fries. I can make borscht, but prefer harcho (different kind of soups. CSKA).

I do not want to desecrate my body with tattoos. Ask old people with tattoos. They will tell you: “Oh, I was just fool.” Old people usually know what they are talking about.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Snipsnap12

"I have my special opinion about soccer. It’s not a real sport. Too much embellishment.. Just touch their legs and they would cry loud and would fall as if they are dead. And then they get up and run as if nothing happened. Disgusting…"

I laughed out loud. Seems like he is very eccentric but an all around decent guy. I just want him to steal some wins for us, unlike the team having to steal them all last year for the most part.

Finally flyers have an elite goalie!

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 08:49 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

people act like he'll have trouble with the pressure here. This guy ain't no mental midget. He'll dominate. cant wait for september.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
people act like he'll have trouble with the pressure here. This guy ain't no mental midget. He'll dominate. cant wait for september.
you get the feeling he has ice in his veins, very robotic... if he wins over the fans early it should gain him even more confidence. Also one of the better D corps on the league playing in front of him should benefit him even more.

Over under 10 on shutouts?

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
you get the feeling he has ice in his veins, very robotic... if he wins over the fans early it should gain him even more confidence. Also one of the better D corps on the league playing in front of him should benefit him even more.

Over under 10 on shutouts?
Under.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Here's some footage of the interview.

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 09:34 PM
JVR21
G

Thanks again for this. They're always great translations/reads from you.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 09:39 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Mike who? Lol I'm no longer sad.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote