HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Is Something Going on in Trenton? (mod: Trenton RETURNS As Titans!)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-02-2011, 12:25 PM
  #101
TrentonPwnedFlorida
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trenton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Not happy about Williams being named head coach.

TrentonPwnedFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 05:10 PM
  #102
Johnny8242
Registered User
 
Johnny8242's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Matt Schepke reported via Twitter that he has been Traded to Trenton. No official reports from ECHL or Greenville/Trenton.

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 05:22 PM
  #103
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 11,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
Matt Schepke reported via Twitter that he has been Traded to Trenton. No official reports from ECHL or Greenville/Trenton.
Thats a solid add if it's true. Things might be looking up in Trenton. Finally. If i'm gunna see them like 10 times atleast make it worth while.

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 04:05 PM
  #104
trentondevil
Registered User
 
trentondevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Thats a solid add if it's true. Things might be looking up in Trenton. Finally. If i'm gunna see them like 10 times atleast make it worth while.
Trenton Titans facebook account says rights to Ryan Hayes traded for schepke. Gonna miss Hayes in the shootout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=x8yCLb9KUmQ

trentondevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 04:08 PM
  #105
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 11,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentondevil View Post
Trenton Titans facebook account says rights to Ryan Hayes traded for schepke. Gonna miss Hayes in the shootout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=x8yCLb9KUmQ
Perhaps but the Shootout is a waste, his in game skills weren't much. Your better off....if schepke doesn't get a callup.

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 06:03 PM
  #106
Johnny8242
Registered User
 
Johnny8242's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Hayes put up 50 points last year not bad. I think he has a lot of potential in Stork's system. Schepke was awesome and I'm not sure why he was dealt I think it was probably a numbers thing.

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 06:39 PM
  #107
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 11,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
Hayes put up 50 points last year not bad. I think he has a lot of potential in Stork's system. Schepke was awesome and I'm not sure why he was dealt I think it was probably a numbers thing.
Schepke has the potential to be a full time AHL guy. Going to Trenton might help him with that cause, however i'm not sure why greenville traded him, like you said it's likely a numbers game I would have to guess. I wonder how Trenton could trade him though. I thought all T-Devils were free agents? So is this for the rights to and neither guy is actually under contract at the moment?

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 09:01 PM
  #108
Johnny8242
Registered User
 
Johnny8242's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Schepke has the potential to be a full time AHL guy. Going to Trenton might help him with that cause, however i'm not sure why greenville traded him, like you said it's likely a numbers game I would have to guess. I wonder how Trenton could trade him though. I thought all T-Devils were free agents? So is this for the rights to and neither guy is actually under contract at the moment?
Schepke is Under contract, Hayes is not but I'm sure he'll sign unless Greenville has a screw loose.

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 10:02 AM
  #109
jabberoski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Schepke has the potential to be a full time AHL guy. Going to Trenton might help him with that cause, however i'm not sure why greenville traded him, like you said it's likely a numbers game I would have to guess. I wonder how Trenton could trade him though. I thought all T-Devils were free agents? So is this for the rights to and neither guy is actually under contract at the moment?
The Titans have the rights to the 8 players qualified by the Devils by the July 1 deadline.

jabberoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
  #110
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 11,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberoski View Post
The Titans have the rights to the 8 players qualified by the Devils by the July 1 deadline.
I'm shocked. I thought it was a whole new franchise not related to the old Titans or T-Devils.

Other then Ginand and maybe Prough they should let the rest go.

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:13 PM
  #111
titans04
Registered User
 
titans04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Hayes has real good offensive skills but got screwed at times because he wasn't a AHl contracted guy so he sat. His shootout skills are amazing as already pointed out, he'll put up real good numbers at this level, his downfall like almost all the other devils forwards he's undersized.

titans04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:21 PM
  #112
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 11,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans04 View Post
Hayes has real good offensive skills but got screwed at times because he wasn't a AHl contracted guy so he sat. His shootout skills are amazing as already pointed out, he'll put up real good numbers at this level, his downfall like almost all the other devils forwards he's undersized.
The Devils apparently forgot to contact the Donati bros.

So is Hayes basically going to be a fringe guy at best between the ECHL and AHL?

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 06:00 PM
  #113
titans04
Registered User
 
titans04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
The Devils apparently forgot to contact the Donati bros.

So is Hayes basically going to be a fringe guy at best between the ECHL and AHL?
If I had to guess I would say Hayes stays in the the ECHL full time this season, maybe gets a look down the road, probably depends on if Greenville gets picked apart like some of the teams up north. Same old story, another 4 inches taller and I would say he would certainly get a look down the road.

Trenton's philosophy is changing back to getting the best possible players in an effort to win, with the understanding it will lead to a lot of guys coming and going throughout the season vs. a small handful of prospects and marginal guys with everybody being limited to only be called up to Albany.

The new guy sent on note on twitter specifically saying he was looking forward to the opportunities that playing in Trenton would provide.

it's no secret.

titans04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 10:42 PM
  #114
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 15,900
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans04 View Post
If I had to guess I would say Hayes stays in the the ECHL full time this season, maybe gets a look down the road, probably depends on if Greenville gets picked apart like some of the teams up north. Same old story, another 4 inches taller and I would say he would certainly get a look down the road.

Trenton's philosophy is changing back to getting the best possible players in an effort to win, with the understanding it will lead to a lot of guys coming and going throughout the season vs. a small handful of prospects and marginal guys with everybody being limited to only be called up to Albany.

The new guy sent on note on twitter specifically saying he was looking forward to the opportunities that playing in Trenton would provide.

it's no secret.
how come the Titans signed a deal w/ Philadelphia, titans? Albany lost that when NJ SUSPENDED the Devils, I suspect u meant Adirondack in the above post...

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 05:00 PM
  #115
titans04
Registered User
 
titans04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
how come the Titans signed a deal w/ Philadelphia, titans? Albany lost that when NJ SUSPENDED the Devils, I suspect u meant Adirondack in the above post...

Nah you suspect incorrectly. Under the Devils misguided ownership players in Trenton could only be called up to Albany even if they didn't have a two-way deal. It severely limited the number of young skilled players from coming to Trenton if they had the desire to move up. They were much more likely to go to Elmira or Reading where they could get called up all over the AHL. In the past Trenton used that visability as a selling point and they are back to doing it now. The new owners in Trenton are trying to put as much distance as possible from anything relating to the devils. Let's hope the devils send their "prospects" to someone in our division, especially their goalies. Trenton is also squarely in Flyers country so it makes sense for them to affiliate with them.

titans04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 09:01 PM
  #116
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 15,900
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans04 View Post
Nah you suspect incorrectly. Under the Devils misguided ownership players in Trenton could only be called up to Albany even if they didn't have a two-way deal. It severely limited the number of young skilled players from coming to Trenton if they had the desire to move up. They were much more likely to go to Elmira or Reading where they could get called up all over the AHL. In the past Trenton used that visability as a selling point and they are back to doing it now. The new owners in Trenton are trying to put as much distance as possible from anything relating to the devils. Let's hope the devils send their "prospects" to someone in our division, especially their goalies. Trenton is also squarely in Flyers country so it makes sense for them to affiliate with them.
not the point, titans..... that's a violation of ECHL Regulations UNLESS YOU'RE AN INDEPENDENT....

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 10:29 PM
  #117
titans04
Registered User
 
titans04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
clearly we're not on the same page, please explain what is against the regulations?

titans04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 08:59 AM
  #118
HF_Rangers
Registered User
 
HF_Rangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Edinboro
Country: United States
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
not the point, titans..... that's a violation of ECHL Regulations UNLESS YOU'RE AN INDEPENDENT....
It's supposed to be a violation, but the Devils did it anyway. The only examples of players going to AHL teams other than Lowell/Albany were Stephen Wood and Dave Leaderer, and that's because the season ended... typically means that they weren't in the Devils plans anymore.

HF_Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 11:51 AM
  #119
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 11,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans04 View Post
Nah you suspect incorrectly. Under the Devils misguided ownership players in Trenton could only be called up to Albany even if they didn't have a two-way deal. It severely limited the number of young skilled players from coming to Trenton if they had the desire to move up. They were much more likely to go to Elmira or Reading where they could get called up all over the AHL. In the past Trenton used that visability as a selling point and they are back to doing it now. The new owners in Trenton are trying to put as much distance as possible from anything relating to the devils. Let's hope the devils send their "prospects" to someone in our division, especially their goalies. Trenton is also squarely in Flyers country so it makes sense for them to affiliate with them.
Winners here:

Elmira and Reading(Trenton as well)but this takes the load off of Elmira and Reading a bit and helps Trenton also compete getting better players.

Losers:
Wheeling.

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 12:47 PM
  #120
titans04
Registered User
 
titans04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Rangers View Post
It's supposed to be a violation, but the Devils did it anyway. The only examples of players going to AHL teams other than Lowell/Albany were Stephen Wood and Dave Leaderer, and that's because the season ended... typically means that they weren't in the Devils plans anymore.
Players that signed ECHL contracts with Trenton signed a contract which included a clause clearly stating Lowell/Albany was the only option.

You're absolutely correct about Wood and Leaderer, Wood decided in the middle of the season he was going to skip a long road trip choosing to stay at home waiting for a call back for a audition he did for the amazing race - which never came. He was basically done after that decision, which included not telling anybody he wasn't showing up to get on the bus until 20 mins after it was scheduled to leave.

Leaderer I can only assume they were cutting bait with, he had been in the org a few years never really getting a look (not saying he deserved one) and once Trenton's season ended he did head off to Milwaukee.

titans04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:06 PM
  #121
Frostbite Warrior
Registered User
 
Frostbite Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ThunderDome
Country: United States
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Hey Titans04

Do you know that my local hockey team is affiliated with your team! I was wondering what players does your team have right now?

Frostbite Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:47 PM
  #122
titans04
Registered User
 
titans04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior View Post
Hey Titans04

Do you know that my local hockey team is affiliated with your team! I was wondering what players does your team have right now?
are you in Phantoms country or some place else (sorry I don't recognize the logo)? The only affiliation that the club has announced is with Philly but maybe I missed something? However there are 6 guys coaching in the AHL that have come through Trenton at one time or another and I wouldn't be surprised if guys from those camps find there way here. Just sayin', and yes I know those teams are affiliated on paper with other clubs, there are examples of what I'm talking about in the past.

As far as signed guys there are some but the only announced one is Matt Schepke, more to be announced this week, hopefully!

If your from Phantoms country feel free to come over here www.rivetinghockey.com and talk Titans/Phantoms and other hockey in general.

titans04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 03:45 PM
  #123
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans04 View Post
are you in Phantoms country or some place else (sorry I don't recognize the logo)? The only affiliation that the club has announced is with Philly but maybe I missed something? However there are 6 guys coaching in the AHL that have come through Trenton at one time or another and I wouldn't be surprised if guys from those camps find there way here. Just sayin', and yes I know those teams are affiliated on paper with other clubs, there are examples of what I'm talking about in the past.

As far as signed guys there are some but the only announced one is Matt Schepke, more to be announced this week, hopefully!

If your from Phantoms country feel free to come over here www.rivetinghockey.com and talk Titans/Phantoms and other hockey in general.
FBW is in glens falls. The logo is that of the defunct UHL Adirondack Frostbite.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 04:36 PM
  #124
Frostbite Warrior
Registered User
 
Frostbite Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ThunderDome
Country: United States
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans04 View Post
are you in Phantoms country or some place else (sorry I don't recognize the logo)? The only affiliation that the club has announced is with Philly but maybe I missed something? However there are 6 guys coaching in the AHL that have come through Trenton at one time or another and I wouldn't be surprised if guys from those camps find there way here. Just sayin', and yes I know those teams are affiliated on paper with other clubs, there are examples of what I'm talking about in the past.

As far as signed guys there are some but the only announced one is Matt Schepke, more to be announced this week, hopefully!

If your from Phantoms country feel free to come over here www.rivetinghockey.com and talk Titans/Phantoms and other hockey in general.
Look here for Affiliation

AHL Affiliate: Adirondack Phantoms
NHL Affiliate: Philadelphia Flyers
From ECHL.Com


Last edited by Frostbite Warrior: 08-14-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Editing
Frostbite Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 09:01 PM
  #125
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 11,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
FBW is in glens falls. The logo is that of the defunct UHL Adirondack Frostbite.
I honestly liked the name/logo Icehawks better.

The warriors fell in the time period of when the UHL went bizarre. With names like the Trashers, Prarie Thunder and Hounds for example. The one name I did like was the Motor City Mechanics for some reason, maybe it was more the logo. Though nothing was as bad as....the Flags in Port Huron.

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.