HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ 2011 Offseason Thread II (All Proposals, Speculation, Blog Rumors in here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

vCash: 500
CBJ 2011 Offseason Thread II (All Proposals, Speculation, Blog Rumors in here)

thoughts on waiver claiming (slash reentry waivers) Cam Barker? wouldn't have to trade anyone and perhaps he regains form...?

Old
06-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
thoughts on waiver claiming (slash reentry waivers) Cam Barker? wouldn't have to trade anyone and perhaps he regains form...?
Maybe. Supposedly the folks at A2Y want him in Detroit, however, which I would vastly prefer as that means less UFA market competition.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-28-2011, 01:16 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Waiver no. Re-entry.. Maybe... As a 7th d-man experiment. Hasn't worked out when we tried in the past. Not hopeful.

An no, to you out there, I don't care if the Wild fans hated him. I don't know why anyone should care if fans hate a player or not. If you listed to your fans last year you would think Tyutin was the worst defensemen in the NHL. Not worthy of a roster spot... Anywhere.

Only saying this because I'm pretty sure someone posted that a few pages back.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Roadman
Moving On

If Barker gets bought out, perhaps a camp invite?

In order for him to be claimed on re-entry, 1/2 price, they have to call him back right?

Old
06-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

he's a potential 40 pt dman...i'm just not certain if he's lost it skill-wise or if it was the scheme he was in up there and a(nother) change of scenery would do well...

just trying to think with my howson hat on (and yes my head hurt when I did try that)

Old
06-28-2011, 01:26 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Waiver no. Re-entry.. Maybe... As a 7th d-man experiment. Hasn't worked out when we tried in the past. Not hopeful.

An no, to you out there, I don't care if the Wild fans hated him. I don't know why anyone should care if fans hate a player or not. If you listed to your fans last year you would think Tyutin was the worst defensemen in the NHL. Not worthy of a roster spot... Anywhere.

Only saying this because I'm pretty sure someone posted that a few pages back.
I think the Hawks fans hated him as well. Seems like he is a party guy. Would fit in with Carter.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Matt Foley
Meh

No Cam Barker please. We need proven talent, not potential talent that will likely never make itself known.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:30 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Unless there's a deal out there for an accurate, right-handed 2nd line winger, I think the CBJ would just focus on the backend going forward.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:30 PM
blahblah

Oh sure Viqsi, bury the Johansen for Yandle bit in the last post or two in the old thread.

Wow, that one would take a real set to pull the trigger on.

Johansen and Carter are what I want to build on up the middle. I'd give up everyone else (prospect wise and most of the roster players), including our #1 pick next year, before I considered Johansen.

Having said that Phx is at 31.5 million with 15 players. They are only committed, right now, to 7.5 million next year (3 million of that is Klesla). Yandle is a non-topic. They have no issue bringing him back, they can match any offer sheet.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:34 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
I think the Hawks fans hated him as well. Seems like he is a party guy. Would fit in with Carter.
Could be, wouldn't be the first player. And no I don't care what the Hawks fans think either. When fans get on a player, they tend to go mob and pile on. Justified or not.

He has a rep around the league at the high levels, I'll let Howson make the call on that one to see if justified.

I don't expect him to be on this team. Especially if he has baggage.

Having said that, the Cam Barker in 2008 was a treat to watch. He's in there somewhere.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty;
Here is my stab at a lineup. its probably more realistic as to what the team might actually spend.

I threw in Adam Hall from TBL as a cheap 4th liner to help fill out the lineup on the dream that Pahlsson would be traded for draft picks to rid ourselves of the 2.6 he is getting paid for some relief considering we'll also have to deal with the Commodore buyout.

I'm probably way off but I figured I'd take a shot and see what I could come up with that I would like to see.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Kristian Huselius ($4.750m)
R.J. Umberger ($3.750m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Antoine Vermette ($3.750m)
Matt Calvert ($0.891m) / Ryan Johansen ($1.945m) / Derek Dorsett ($0.562m)
Jared Boll ($0.725m) / Derek MacKenzie ($0.600m) / Adam Hall ($0.600m)
/ Maxim Mayorov ($0.862m)

DEFENSEMEN
Fedor Tyutin ($2.843m) / Joni Pitkanen ($5.200m)
Grant Clitsome ($1.250m) / Anton Babchuk ($2.250m)
Marc Methot ($2.250m) / Kris Russell ($1.300m)
/ Nick Holden ($0.675m)

GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($2.900m) / Josh Harding ($1.500m)

BUYOUTS: Duvie Westcott ($0.616m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,494,810; BONUSES: $1,350,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $8,805,189

There goes my underdog Adam Hall pickup since he re-signed with TBL today.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:38 PM
WhydoesCanadahateus

This is from Bob McKenzie:

It's believed that Van is asking other teams if they have any interest in acquiring negotiating rights to Erhoff.

So I pose the question, what would you give up to acquire the negotiating rights to Erhoff?

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie

Old
06-28-2011, 01:41 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
No Cam Barker please. We need proven talent, not potential talent that will likely never make itself known.
I don't care who we select as the 7th defensemen. If things don't work out we put him on waivers and possibly give him the Commie treatment.

Just depends on how much money Howson is willing to risk on an experiment. In all likely hood that 1.5 million or so on Barker wouldn't be in play for anything anyway based on what Howson seems to be doing right now.

I'm certainly not saying "do it". But you're probably going to have to justify "not doing it" better than what you are to his point. Barker is a proven talent. He just hasn't proven he's willing to do in the last couple of years.

I'm probably against it, but then again this is a contract year for Barker. Someone is probably going to sign him for a 1 year contract if he gets bought out.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:41 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
There goes my underdog Adam Hall pickup since he re-signed with TBL today.
I don't see us being able to move Pahlsson's contract during the summer. Pencil him in as the 4th line center, move MacKenzie to 4th line winger and your forward lines make a lot of sense.

Exchange Pikanen with a right-handed shooter and I think you've got the blueline figured out too.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:42 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhydoesCanadahateus View Post

It's believed that Van is asking other teams if they have any interest in acquiring negotiating rights to Erhoff.

So I pose the question, what would you give up to acquire the negotiating rights to Erhoff?

Conditional second round or second tier prospect. I'd give em Pahlsson... lol

At that point, it's like how does 6 million per over 8 years sound to you? We are going to treat you like Redden... Be gentile....

Old
06-28-2011, 01:45 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Agreed. The Pahlsson remark is seconded!

Old
06-28-2011, 01:46 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Opportunity is knocking. Howson needs to answer.

If he can lock up Ehrhoff before July 1, needs to do it. It is worth a shot.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

That brings us to the question whats the max we could throw at Ehrhoff...(or atleast the max you see us giving him.)? I'd say 6.5 is the very very top and try and get him for 6.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Matt Foley
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhydoesCanadahateus View Post

Hmmm... that's a small window of opportunity, but one that should be pursued. It may be our only chance to sign one of the big names.

The cost? I dunno. 2012 mid-rounder? Defensive prospect not named Moore, Savard, or Goulebef (sp)? If you're going for it, Good Luck, Niles.

Hell, throw in the rights to Upshall FWIW.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:53 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
That brings us to the question whats the max we could throw at Ehrhoff...(or atleast the max you see us giving him.)? I'd say 6.5 is the very very top and try and get him for 6.
Probably about the right range. But it will be interesting to see what sort of crazy numbers result from the cap increase.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:55 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Opportunity is knocking. Howson needs to answer.

If he can lock up Ehrhoff before July 1, needs to do it. It is worth a shot.
They probably aren't going to get better than a conditional second. Be aggressive. Ehrhoff is probably worth more than what that second round pick would turn into.

You are correct, Van can't re-sign him with what they've committed to at this moment in time.

I can't agree with you more. Ehrhoff isn't my perfect pick, but he's a hell of a lot better then Redden or Commie on the decision making scale. This appears to be his change. If he fills 1C and 1D in the same off-season (and locked them up long term as well) it will be a very successful off season. No reason to not be in the hunt for the 4-8 seeds. Still need some work to get into that top 4.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Oh sure Viqsi, bury the Johansen for Yandle bit in the last post or two in the old thread.

Wow, that one would take a real set to pull the trigger on.

Johansen and Carter are what I want to build on up the middle. I'd give up everyone else (prospect wise and most of the roster players), including our #1 pick next year, before I considered Johansen.

Having said that Phx is at 31.5 million with 15 players. They are only committed, right now, to 7.5 million next year (3 million of that is Klesla). Yandle is a non-topic. They have no issue bringing him back, they can match any offer sheet.
Not my fault the thread was getting long...

And yeah, I think it's extraordinarily unlikely. But, hey, folks were talking about the idea.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I could see us topping out around the 7 mark. I'd start @ 6. He's about peaked on the offensive end around 50 points. Number seems quite fair.

Old
06-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Matt Foley
Meh

Quote:
I could see us topping out around the 7 mark. I'd start @ 6. He's about peaked on the offensive end around 50 points. Number seems quite fair.
For whoever signs him, my guess is that he'll get Bouwmeester money, ie $6.5 - $7.0 million for no less than five years, on the open market.

Old
06-28-2011, 02:06 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Haven't seen much of Ehrhoff, how is he in his D game? Better than other offensive D men, or just average?

Closed Thread