Kaberle might test the market

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2011, 04:59 PM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
Maybe 4.3 is a little too much, but I would still love him to be on the Bruins, he plays a little more aggressive than Kaberle and can log good minutes. Kaberle was hardly noticeable in the playoffs except in the final series against the Nucks then he finally realized he was playing for a contract and played alright. We need that other D-man though that can log good minutes and take the pressure off Chara-Seids in the playoffs next year.
I`ll be honest, I am not going to sweat it if Chia is unable to re-sign Kabby or pick up a clearly too expensive and limited crop of potential D who may or may not be able to help this team next season.

Worst case scenario, insulate Kampfer in a lower pairing. I lean more to the side of an addition of someone up front with some speed and puck skill (Leinno is my personal choice) and let the chips fall where they may on the back end. I know there`s that chance that were sitting here in December seeking that "pmd" but I just am not a huge fan of paying too much for a guy like Waz who hasn`t convinced this fan that he`s worth what he`s asking.

Now Ehroff is another story....he`s a turtler on the Nucks, he wouldn`t be here

Old
06-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I`ll be honest, I am not going to sweat it if Chia is unable to re-sign Kabby or pick up a clearly too expensive and limited crop of potential D who may or may not be able to help this team next season.

Worst case scenario, insulate Kampfer in a lower pairing. I lean more to the side of an addition of someone up front with some speed and puck skill (Leinno is my personal choice) and let the chips fall where they may on the back end. I know there`s that chance that were sitting here in December seeking that "pmd" but I just am not a huge fan of paying too much for a guy like Waz who hasn`t convinced this fan that he`s worth what he`s asking.

Now Ehroff is another story....he`s a turtler on the Nucks, he wouldn`t be here
I don't want him either, he played even softer than Kaberle in the cup finals and was invisible, let alone I wouldn't go near what he would be asking for contract wise.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:04 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Much rather have Kaberle than Erhoff or Wisniewski when you factor in contracts. Sorry to say I think we will regret this in the long run

Old
06-28-2011, 05:07 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Much rather have Kaberle than Erhoff or Wisniewski when you factor in contracts. Sorry to say I think we will regret this in the long run
How can you say that when not knowing what it would take for the Bruins to sign any of the 3

If you tell me the Bruins can sign Kaberle for 2/7 and Ehrhoff will cost 5/28, then yes, absolutely I agree with you

But if Kaberle is looking for 4/17 (or more) and demanding a NTC as part of the deal (it would seem likely he would demand a NTC), then I want absolutely nothing to do with him

Old
06-28-2011, 05:18 PM
almostawake

Personally, I want no part of Wisniewski, but he will definitely get offers in excess of 4.5M per year. He's 27, physical, and had the 5th most points among defencemen this year.

If his goal is to get paid, he's going to get paid.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:18 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
How can you say that when not knowing what it would take for the Bruins to sign any of the 3

If you tell me the Bruins can sign Kaberle for 2/7 and Ehrhoff will cost 5/28, then yes, absolutely I agree with you

But if Kaberle is looking for 4/17 (or more) and demanding a NTC as part of the deal (it would seem likely he would demand a NTC), then I want absolutely nothing to do with him
Chiarelli offered Kaberle a contract that was a pay cut from his current one, no one is sure how much but apparently in the 3.5 range or something close to that.

It won't matter anyway because anyone we sign through FA will be over paid because so many teams have cap space.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Blowfish

oh well

Old
06-28-2011, 05:34 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
Sorry, if Tomas Kaberle is worth 4-4.5 on this market, I'm good with sitting that one out.
No doubt.

Adios Muchacho! I'm glad we gave up the 1st, 2nd and Colborne rather than signing you as a Free Agent for 5yr/$5m with an NMC.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:34 PM
EverettMike

I doubt Kaberle gets more than 2/6 on the open market.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Mr Cartmenez

We're in a position in which we could use the "sit back and wait" approach. Kampfer would be Kaberle's official replacement for the beginning of the season. Then we'll se how it works out. And if we save tons of million in cap-space, there is always a cheap trade in line.
We could have gotten Wiz fpr only a 2nd instead of giving up Colborne and another 1st

I think Detroit is definitely getting one of those PMDs, Montreal might balk at Wiz' demands and could enter the market as well.

Predicition: Ehrhoff deep west ; Kaberle stays in the East or goes to the Wings and Wiz will re-sign in Monreal.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:47 PM
N o o d l e s

I'm not so concerned about the money Kaberle wants, we can pay him. I'm more concerned about the years. There's rumors swirling about him maybe getting 5 years in Detroit or 4 elsewhere and if that's the case then I give it a big fat no thank you. I'll gladly suck it up and let Kampfer play this year and enjoy Hamilton in '12-'13.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:49 PM
bruins2011

I have to agree. Kabs will light it up with the high flying puck possession Red Wings.
He just doesn't fit our system.

He will get $5 per - $20-25 Million.

Wish we could do a sign and trade.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:02 PM
hubby1746

Yawn

Old
06-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Andrew83

Unless Kaberle is willing to take #5 money, I'd really like to see Kampfer getting some decent ice time this season and if he doesn't work out maybe the Bruins can make a move near the trade deadline. Kampfer was only negative in 8 of his 38 games last season and averaged more points per game than Boychuk, McQuaid, and Ference.

Last edited by Andrew83: 06-28-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old
06-28-2011, 06:24 PM
missingchicklet

I'm fine whether he stays or goes. He has good talent, but I do not want to overpay him, as there are other options out there.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:30 PM
plemur
Meh.

If he's decided to test the market, he's gone, gone, gone. The B's offer must have been nice and low--I don't see Chia as one to budge very much at all after the first offer.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:30 PM
KillerKampfer*

Guy only held down a 3rd line role. I like him and like his presence with the puck and think he could take off once our PP picks up but hes only a luxury player and you can't blame him if he gets a big payday. I don't think we are offering the guy a long term deal worth more than 3 a year. He won us a Cup though I don't mind the trade, specifically given how bad we burned that team in a couple other deals.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:33 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

is it just me or is this thread misleading. No where does it say "kabs might test the market". Its not twitter its just speculation.

THIS JUST IN via Twitter: The day might end sometime tonight. lol

Anywho, he'll be back. Not like our choices are expanding. We got what now 3-4 choices for an elite PMD? ...

Old
06-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaritimeHockeyNut View Post
is it just me or is this thread misleading. No where does it say "kabs might test the market". Its not twitter its just speculation.

THIS JUST IN via Twitter: The day might end sometime tonight. lol

Anywho, he'll be back. Not like our choices are expanding. We got what now 3-4 choices for an elite PMD? ...
Dregger is a well informed insider. If he said that Kaberle will test the market, i assume that he have the sources to back it up.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:37 PM
KillerKampfer*

I think we should just get Richards and roll with Kampfer and Hamilton at least the first 10 games until its time to send Dougie down.

Lucic-Richards-Horton
Peverley-Bergeron-Marchand
Seguin-Krejci-Kelly
Paille-Campbell-Thornton
Caron

Chara-Seids
Boychuk-Ference
McQ-Kampfer/Hamilton

Thomas
Rask

Pretty good IMO. Room for Savard to join the team midseason too. Hamilton might outplay Boychuk, Kampfer, or McQuaid and make them the #7. If he is the #7 you send him down and trade for a 7 who can play.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:49 PM
mloyko

These situations have a tendency to change quickly. I'm sure PC is surveying the PMD landscape and knows exactly what it will take to sign an Ehrhoff or Wiz. There are still two more days until UFA and Chiarelli might decide the options available arent worth it and makes another offer to Kaberle.

My concern is this. We let Kaberle go and aren't able to sign another PMD. When the trade deadline comes around we need another PMD to make a cup run. I don't want to have to give up more trade assets to acquire another PMD when we have one that we can sign right now. And everyone clamoring for Kampfer to be that guy, I just don't see it. Everyone one on here *****ed about Kaberle, but having Kampfer out here is the solution? Not in my mind.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:51 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plemur View Post
If he's decided to test the market, he's gone, gone, gone. The B's offer must have been nice and low--I don't see Chia as one to budge very much at all after the first offer.
I gotta give Chia credit if he lets Kaberle go... He had a hard-on for him for 3 years and he overpaid. At least he's man enough to cut his losses. Either that or Neely laid down the law.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:52 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloyko View Post
These situations have a tendency to change quickly. I'm sure PC is surveying the PMD landscape and knows exactly what it will take to sign an Ehrhoff or Wiz. There are still two more days until UFA and Chiarelli might decide the options available arent worth it and makes another offer to Kaberle.

My concern is this. We let Kaberle go and aren't able to sign another PMD. When the trade deadline comes around we need another PMD to make a cup run. I don't want to have to give up more trade assets to acquire another PMD when we have one that we can sign right now. And everyone clamoring for Kampfer to be that guy, I just don't see it. Everyone one on here *****ed about Kaberle, but having Kampfer out here is the solution? Not in my mind.
Agreed 100%

Old
06-28-2011, 06:52 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Yuck...

There goes Erhoff:

"VAN trades Christian Ehrhoff's negotiating rights to NYI for a 4th round pick." B McK

Old
06-28-2011, 06:56 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsButton View Post
Yuck...

There goes Erhoff:

"VAN trades Christian Ehrhoff's negotiating rights to NYI for a 4th round pick." B McK
Well he has to sign a contract, but with the Islanders needing to make the cap floor Erhoff will get a decent contract and I doubt the Islanders would trade for him if he didn't have the interest.

I think the Islanders will have a good season if they can stay healthy.

Anyway I guess we are down to Wizniewski or Kaberle

Closed Thread