Daigle point total next year

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2004, 01:40 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Daigle point total next year

Hi all,
I was wondering what kind points you see Daigle puting up next year if there is a season. Iv always been a fan of his and can possibly see him scoring between 60-70 points next season. I say this cause i beleive he will only get better now that he has some confidence and new found desire for the game. Plus the team as a whole should also be better next year.

Old
07-26-2004, 02:06 PM
gibber1600

I can't see him getting that many, maybe 40-50. The game has changed. He's small and plays small. I like him too. I think he was rushed way to early and had alot of pressure. The Sen are not so quick with Spezza and Jason will probably have a much longer career cause of it.

Old
07-26-2004, 04:52 PM
DW

Low 50's would seem a fair guess. It all depends on the "O" side this year. Hopefully everyone comes into camp ready and stays healthy for the most part. I think the center position is turning in a new direction. We still have issues with scorers and playmakers on this team though. But I see no reason why he couldn't match or improve his #'s from last season.

I wouldn't exactly call him small, for I think he's over 6' ft tall and 200lbs. Near the end of the season, I thought he was a little more of a willing participant in the physicality part. By no means would I call him a hitter or a softy though.

Old
07-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Wild Thing

The guy broke 50 points last season, and he looked like he was just getting warmed up. I can easily see him putting up 70 a year, if he gets the right linemates.

And I don't think he plays small at all - he does what it takes to make the play. He'll never be a Scotty Stevens, but I saw him lay out some hellacious hits last year. When he's playing with passion, he definitely has a physical dimension to his game. The challenge is to get him to play with passion more frequently. I think that in his second year, he'll feel much more comfortable here, and play at a higher level.

Old
07-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Is Daigle signed for another year with the Wild?

As for point totals, I see him putting up 55-65 points.

~Canucklehead~

Old
07-26-2004, 06:40 PM
DW

He originally had an option for the second year held by the Wild. Which the Wild have picked up.

70 is alot for this team, I'm hoping maybe Gaborik will finally hit that mark this year. I think we'll be better on offense next season but that seems like a large jump to me for the skill we presently have on this team.

Old
07-26-2004, 07:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead17
Is Daigle signed for another year with the Wild?

As for point totals, I see him putting up 55-65 points.

~Canucklehead~
which means he is either putting up 25 goals and/or 30 assists. Neither will happen.

Old
07-26-2004, 07:59 PM
ceber

He was used on the checking line at times last year. If he gets a chance to play a more offensive role this season and continues to play as he has, I think he'll improve on his total.

Old
07-26-2004, 08:10 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
which means he is either putting up 25 goals and/or 30 assists. Neither will happen.
he put up 31 assists last year, so why couldn't he do it again this year. Keep in mind that he had very little support as Gaborik struggled after holding out ditto for Dupuis.

Old
07-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Wild Thing

All he has to do is match the pace he was on for the last half of the season, and he'll clear 70. With good linemates, there's no question he can do that. He clearly has the talent. That's never been in doubt. The only doubt has always been whether he would sustain the effort. If the question is, "Can he score 70?", the answer is definitely "yes."

Old
07-27-2004, 04:19 AM
Wild Bill

I don't know, Alex Daigle has done nothing but impress in Minnesota IMO. 51 points last year tied a career high(not much considering first overall selection, but still...) and his agressiveness in the offensive zone was a sight for sore eyes. His forechecking was exceptional and was never a liability on defense.

He is in a unique situation right now where meshing with Gaborik could lead to ultimate redemption.

This year, I see fifty-some points, in a much more important role.

Old
07-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
He finished with a bang last year - if he plays like that all year he might top 65 points - I'd be happy with what he delivered last year, 20+ goals, 50+ points.

Closed Thread