HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would it take for the Leafs to get Upshall?

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2004, 02:14 PM
BringGilmourBack

vCash: 500
What would it take for the Leafs to get Upshall?

Just curious. I love his play. If I were Gm I'd make a pretty decent offer for his services, but what do you as Predator fans think? Is he untouchable. Thanks for your feedback

Old
07-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I think it would have to be someone along the lines of Steen + ?????, but that's just me.

Old
07-26-2004, 02:32 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

More than it would to get Tootoo.

Old
07-26-2004, 03:24 PM
leafaholix*

The Leafs don't need Upshall.

Old
07-26-2004, 03:34 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

We didn't post the question.

Old
07-26-2004, 03:52 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Upshall's value is pretty high right now...and I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him(right wing, tons of players like him in the system) but it would have to be a pretty good deal.

Old
07-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
I know a lot of people dislike him, and other people like him, but Antropov could be of use to us. Hes a big guy, and uses his size somewhat...a package deal could land us Antropov + ? for Upshall.

Old
07-26-2004, 04:19 PM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
I know a lot of people dislike him, and other people like him, but Antropov could be of use to us. Hes a big guy, and uses his size somewhat...a package deal could land us Antropov + ? for Upshall.

Sounds like a start, maybe we could throw in a dman. Berg maybe...? Antropov and Berg for Upshall. Or maybe it could be a part of a larger trade...?

Old
07-26-2004, 11:39 PM
leafaholix*

Vedder, most of your threads that have anything to do with trade proposals are unreal.

Keep it realistic.

Old
07-26-2004, 11:40 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
We didn't post the question.
And my comment wasn't to Nashville fans. It was to Vedder, a Leafs fan.

He tends to post threads like this in other team forums.

Old
07-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I would sincerely hope Upshall would land us more than Antropov and Berg... We can do better than a struggling center (although he could fit a need.......I see him as another Arkhipov on our team) and a 5/6 dman. Poile, IMO, would take a much different approach to a deal with Toronto, than this.

07-27-2004, 08:48 AM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Vedder, most of your threads that have anything to do with trade proposals are unreal.

Keep it realistic.
Well, I myself never posted the initial trade proposal. I was curious as to what the Nashville Predator fans deemed as an appropriate return for Scottie Upshall. I loved his play at the WJC and would love to see him a Leaf. I know it is unrealistic to suggest that he will become a Leaf anytime soon or at all, but all the same, I was curious as to what they valued him at. I didn't realize that free speech was not part of these Hockey boards. And to that, I give you my deepest and sincerest apologies. But in my defense, a good majority of these threads on any of these boards deal with "rumours" or "trade proposals". So i find it vert ignorant of you to sit there at your computer and attack me or any of my threads or posts. Good day to you sir and good riddance.

Old
07-27-2004, 08:53 AM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I would sincerely hope Upshall would land us more than Antropov and Berg... We can do better than a struggling center (although he could fit a need.......I see him as another Arkhipov on our team) and a 5/6 dman. Poile, IMO, would take a much different approach to a deal with Toronto, than this.

Ok, that sounds fair enough. So what do you think will be an appropriate return or proposal?

Old
07-27-2004, 09:00 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
eh leave vedder alone. this is a messageboard and it's supposed to be fun. he's not hurting anyone nor is he trolling.

Old
07-27-2004, 09:33 AM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
eh leave vedder alone. this is a messageboard and it's supposed to be fun. he's not hurting anyone nor is he trolling.

Thanks

Old
07-27-2004, 09:48 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
And my comment wasn't to Nashville fans. It was to Vedder, a Leafs fan.

He tends to post threads like this in other team forums.
Well I for one am shocked...how dare Leafs fans go to other team boards and post threads that don't meet with your approval.

Old
07-27-2004, 09:55 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

FIGHT!

Old
07-27-2004, 10:12 AM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn
Well I for one am shocked...how dare Leafs fans go to other team boards and post threads that don't meet with your approval.
Thanks guys. I hate to say it, but, alot of the my fellow Leaf fans on this web page seem to be overbearing jerks. Not all of them, mind you. But it's really not all there fault as we all love the same dissapointing team. Don't get me wrong, I'll die a die hard Leaf fan, but we've been waiting, what, 37 years.....

Old
07-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
Thanks guys. I hate to say it, but, alot of the my fellow Leaf fans on this web page seem to be overbearing jerks. Not all of them, mind you. But it's really not all there fault as we all love the same dissapointing team. Don't get me wrong, I'll die a die hard Leaf fan, but we've been waiting, what, 37 years.....
At least Toronto has tradition and The Cup in their history. That's more than a lot of other teams have like ***** say **** St. Louis.

I enjoy watching other teams. In fact, I have two favorite teams, my Nashville Predators and whoever plays the Bloosers.

Old
07-27-2004, 11:25 AM
BringGilmourBack

So.....back to the topic at hand. What would it take to get Scottie Upshall?

Old
07-27-2004, 11:35 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
So.....back to the topic at hand. What would it take to get Scottie Upshall?

who are your centers?

Old
07-27-2004, 11:44 AM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
who are your centers?

Well lets see, we have Sundin, Niewendyk, Antropov, Wilm and Stajan. Tucker also used to play center. I hate to say it but I might be willing to part with Stajan in some sort of deal...maybe.

Old
07-27-2004, 11:49 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Well lets see, we have Sundin, Niewendyk, Antropov, Wilm and Stajan. Tucker also used to play center. I hate to say it but I might be willing to part with Stajan in some sort of deal...maybe.

I think Stajan for Upshall straight would be a lateral move...in a good way. I'm sure Leafs fans will think differently(I see the way they regard Matt) and he does have a slight edge, having broken in this year..so maybe Nashville could toss a little(a little) more in. Positionally, we need a center much more than we need a right wing.

Old
07-27-2004, 12:04 PM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I think Stajan for Upshall straight would be a lateral move...in a good way. I'm sure Leafs fans will think differently(I see the way they regard Matt) and he does have a slight edge, having broken in this year..so maybe Nashville could toss a little(a little) more in. Positionally, we need a center much more than we need a right wing.
Maybe if you threw in a decent draft pick or a b or c level prospect or maybe even a role player to fill an immediate need. Who knows, sounds like an idea though. I like Stajan, he just needs to add some weight to him. He was thrown off the puck to easily last year. But he does have amazing potential. Upshall on the other hand, I love his gritty, never give up determined play. What team couldn't use that. He also has some offense to his game, maybe not as much as an upside as Stajan. But a deal nontheless, I myself would look into. So maybe if something was thrown in on your (Nashville's) behalf it might be feasible. But I 'm thinking that every Leaf fan on this board(webpage) would be against it. And they're entitled to their opinion, I just think that sometimes they vastly over rate their own players. I'm guilty of it as well sometimes.

Old
07-27-2004, 12:19 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Maybe if you threw in a decent draft pick or a b or c level prospect or maybe even a role player to fill an immediate need. Who knows, sounds like an idea though. I like Stajan, he just needs to add some weight to him. He was thrown off the puck to easily last year. But he does have amazing potential. Upshall on the other hand, I love his gritty, never give up determined play. What team couldn't use that. He also has some offense to his game, maybe not as much as an upside as Stajan. But a deal nontheless, I myself would look into. So maybe if something was thrown in on your (Nashville's) behalf it might be feasible. But I 'm thinking that every Leaf fan on this board(webpage) would be against it. And they're entitled to their opinion, I just think that sometimes they vastly over rate their own players. I'm guilty of it as well sometimes.
to Toronto: upshall + safronov
to Nashville: Stajan + 5th round pick

Closed Thread