HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jackets get James Wisniewski's rights from Montreal for Conditional Pick

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2011, 03:52 PM
CBOJ

vCash: 500
Ahhhhhh! I'm way too excited for this...i really hope we can sign him...

As far as pairings...what about trading for russ and a pick to washington for schultz...that would leave us with:

Schultz-Tyutin
Hejda-Wisniewski
Methot-Clitsome

PP1: Wisniewski-Tyutin
PP2: Clitsome-Methot

I for one would be stoked for that

Old
06-29-2011, 03:52 PM
TSA0402

I'll wait to see if Wiz even signs. But if he does, I don't see how he isn't on your top pair. He seems to log big minutes and is generally a even or plus player. I'd settle for him being competent defensively with a better defensive d-man on the first pair.

The other thing too is, that I'm not even sure if there is a huge disparity between Ehrhoff and Wiz defensively speaking. Canuck fans are saying the same thing about his defensive abilities.

Old
06-29-2011, 03:54 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Why are people assuming that Hejda will re-sign? I don't see Howson splashing out on Wiz and then giving in to Hejda's rumored asking price.

Old
06-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Is Wiz's agent also Carter's agent? I thought I read that somewhere but I could be wrong. Somebody out there knows the answer to that question - help me out pls.

Old
06-29-2011, 03:59 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Is Wiz's agent also Carter's agent? I thought I read that somewhere but I could be wrong. Somebody out there knows the answer to that question - help me out pls.
Ehrhoff's agent.

Old
06-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Have I mentioned "Fire Howson" recently? If not, like me take the oppurtunity to say it now. "Fire Howson after we sign Wisniewski". Thank goodness you are finally getting off your arse... :p

I shall destroy your cheer.
Pfah. I didn't destroy yours with the Carter trade, so bring it.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-29-2011, 04:06 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Why are people assuming that Hejda will re-sign? I don't see Howson splashing out on Wiz and then giving in to Hejda's rumored asking price.
Howson hasn't closed the door completely, but I have my doubts Jan is returning.

Old
06-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

TheFourthPeriod David Pagnotta
Early indications are the Blue Jackets have an excellent shot at signing Wizniewski. Told ballpark deal could be 5-years, $5.2M-$5.5M per.

Old
06-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Howson hasn't closed the door completely, but I have my doubts Jan is returning.
I also doubt that Jan is coming back, but he shouldn't have trouble finding work. He had a rough season, but IMO, he's an underrated defensive dman.

I also wonder what effect this will have on RJ if Wiz is signed. If he is signed, then we have the player with the best nickname, (clitter) and the worst (Wiz).

Old
06-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkOfGreatness View Post
KatieStrangNYI Katie Strang
Talks broke down between #Isles and Christian Ehrhoff; email sent out from #Isles end to other teams
Just pointing out what's happening on the Isle.

I'm still excited, but not counting chickens...

Old
06-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

are you guys worried about your goaltending? I'm not sure Mason rebounds and I see him as the biggest weakness on the team.

Old
06-29-2011, 04:12 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
TheFourthPeriod David Pagnotta
Early indications are the Blue Jackets have an excellent shot at signing Wizniewski. Told ballpark deal could be 5-years, $5.2M-$5.5M per.
I can live with that. The Jackets could conceivably splash out $7 mill on Ehrhoff and still have room to spare for an Emery type at backup G and a 4th liner along the lines of Tyler Kennedy.

But is Howson up to it?

Old
06-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Just pointing out what's happening on the Isle.

I'm still excited, but not counting chickens...
agreed my good friend...just one diff, no one sent out a bunch of I'm happy comments from CE nor did I see anyone say the Isles had a good chance to get something done

Old
06-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
I also doubt that Jan is coming back, but he shouldn't have trouble finding work. He had a rough season, but IMO, he's an underrated defensive dman.

I also wonder what effect this will have on RJ if Wiz is signed. If he is signed, then we have the player with the best nickname, (clitter) and the worst (Wiz).
Howson is quoted in Puckrakers that there's room for both Wiz and Hejda. I think that will probably squash any rumors of getting both Wiz and Ehrhoff. I could be wrong. As for the deal with Wiz, 5.2 to 5.5 is high, but it's pretty tough to get a 50 point defenseman with the potential to get more. Perhaps a veteran d-man addition might be in the works in addition to Wiz/Hejda.

Old
06-29-2011, 04:14 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
are you guys worried about your goaltending? I'm not sure Mason rebounds and I see him as the biggest weakness on the team.
We got a new goal tending coach. What could go wrong?

Old
06-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
I can live with that. The Jackets could conceivably splash out $7 mill on Ehrhoff and still have room to spare for an Emery type at backup G and a 4th liner along the lines of Tyler Kennedy.

But is Howson up to it?
not to derail this from Wiz, but if we're spending 7m, i'd rather work a deal for JayBo at 6.68m....CE isn't worth near 7m

Old
06-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Putting a better defense in front of him will help, but your right it's still a weakness. The Jackets will be looking for a quality backup on the UFA market.

Old
06-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Doug19

5.5 is awfully high for Wiz, I'd much rather get Erhoff, I'll be very disappointed if we sign Wiz for 5.5 and then don't even attempt to get Erhoff.

Old
06-29-2011, 04:17 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Howson is quoted in Puckrakers that there's room for both Wiz and Hejda. I think that will probably squash any rumors of getting both Wiz and Ehrhoff. I could be wrong. As for the deal with Wiz, 5.2 to 5.5 is high, but it's pretty tough to get a 50 point defenseman with the potential to get more. Perhaps a veteran d-man addition might be in the works in addition to Wiz/Hejda.
Why should it squash the speculation? Sure, he "could" fit Hejda. But maybe he'd rather fit Ehrhoff, no?

Old
06-29-2011, 04:17 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Thank you Howson!

Old
06-29-2011, 04:18 PM
BluejacketNut

Mason's success is tied to the quality of the blueline. If the new goalie coach can come in and get him on the right track, and we can help eliminate the number of shots he faces (as they always say, a good defense is a good offense), I think he can at least play to the level to not be the reason we're failing.

The key still to a good backup, is managing the goalies better. I dont think Arniel did a good job of that last year, Mason would go on a stinking streak, and Arniel would continue to go with him while Garon went ice cold......Garon was blazing hot with 3 straight shutouts, and he went back to Mason. So if we can manage them a little better, the backup can be much more effective

Old
06-29-2011, 04:19 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
Just to whet everyone's appetite, here's a video of Wiz beating the snot out of Jordin Tootoo.
I like him already.

Quote:
Somewhat. But let's get some better players out in front of Mase and help him out some.

Old
06-29-2011, 04:20 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
5.5 is awfully high for Wiz, I'd much rather get Erhoff, I'll be very disappointed if we sign Wiz for 5.5 and then don't even attempt to get Erhoff.
Seize the opportunities as they are presented and don't worry about what would have happened if things worked about perfectly. In other words, you snooze you lose. We can't be holding the bag with nothing on July 2nd.

Old
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Why should it squash the speculation? Sure, he "could" fit Hejda. But maybe he'd rather fit Ehrhoff, no?
Plus, this could have been before the Isles sent out the email...

Old
wahsnairb

wiz at 5.5 is bittersweet.. i think most of us would rather be bent over financially by ehrhoff at a million~ more a season

Closed Thread