HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

"Regier has been given the greenlight to splash around with the big boys"

Old
06-30-2011, 01:38 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

vCash: 500
so beautiful

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 06:15 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Let's also not forget a comparable big-time addition that the Sabres made only 15 months before LaFontaine: Hawerchuk in June 1990. Just as Buffalo won the sweepstakes for LaFontaine amongst a lot of competition, there were rumors about the Jets trading Ducky for months before the '90 draft - and tons of teams rumored to want him yet Buffalo won that derby as well.
An exciting offseason? The last one was when we got Drury and that, obviously, was a much more subdued affair where fans were certainly not this excited about the upcoming season (I had an abnormally great feeling about it all).

To be talking about these times in this context rather than mere fondness is almost too much. Tears of joy threatening around Sabres Nation. Obviously we had two really good teams in the past decade+, both with legit Cup chances, but that team -- best as I can truly remember having been a child at the time -- was something else. Second-most star power in Sabres history? I'll defer to the Day 1 fans on that one.

Last edited by Rob Paxon: 06-30-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:09 AM
OkimLom

I can honestly say that I'm proud to be a Sabres fan. I feel for the first time since the 90's that the logo at center ice, and on their chest is gonna be fought FOR. With how ownership is with the players and families, I'm gonna guess that you will see guys with more passion. Guys will now stick up for one another. I can't wait for the season...

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
An exciting offseason? The last one was when we got Drury and that, obviously, was a much more subdued affair where fans were certainly not this excited about the upcoming season (I had an abnormally great feeling about it all).

To be talking about these times in this context rather than mere fondness is almost too much. Tears of joy threatening around Sabres Nation. Obviously we had two really good teams in the past decade+, both with legit Cup chances, but that team -- best as I can truly remember having been a child at the time -- was something else. Second-most star power in Sabres history? I'll defer to the Day 1 fans on that one.
What's magnifying it all even more is the attention it's getting from EVERYONE - the media are excited. The existing players are excited. And obviously the fans are ecstatic.

If this keeps up til training camp, I'd love to see what gets reported on the ticket-buying end and increased merchandising sales....

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:20 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

At this point, Darcy has cannonballed into the pool, pissed on someone's leg, and left an unwrapped Baby Ruth in someone's shorts.

It's bizzaro world, but I like it.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote