HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[NYI/BUF] Ehrhoff's rights to Buffalo for 4th rounder

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2011, 10:24 PM
sabres_phan

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckfan4Life2 View Post
And I'm delusional because I think the Canucks have a better chance than sabres to sign him lol

Somehow Sabres are going to magically convince the 2 best free agents sign in Buffalo

There's a difference from being a playoff contender than being a cup contender players like Ehrhoff/Richards are gonna go look for the best cozy offer where they can be a compliment to a solid team not where they have to be the main piece
This is getting stupid. WHAT are you basing this grammatically-challenged theory on exactly???

Old
06-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Dialamo
Nu Joyzee Dovals

vCash: 50
May be a little OT, but quick question:

If a players rights gets traded to another team, is he obliged to at least talk to the GM to hear their offer, or can he completely ignore them and pretend nothing ever happened? I wonder because it would be quite funny if a team traded for a player's rights and they weren't able to get in contact with him before July 1st.

Old
06-29-2011, 10:29 PM
tripleX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Market determines value, dude. Basic economics.
dude, how come you mistake basic economics so badly? What you were talking about is market price, not market value.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_value

Market value is a concept distinct from market price, which is “the price at which one can transact”, while market value is “the true underlying value” according to theoretical standards.

Old
06-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialamo View Post

If a players rights gets traded to another team, is he obliged to at least talk to the GM to hear their offer, or can he completely ignore them and pretend nothing ever happened? I wonder because it would be quite funny if a team traded for a player's rights and they weren't able to get in contact with him before July 1st.
The player can do whatever the hell he wants. But the player wants to get paid, so picking up the phone won't hurt him in that respect.

Old
06-29-2011, 10:33 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
If Crosby and Malkin are healthy, the rest of the Eastern conference is screwed. Throw in a decent Jagr and it's a nightmare for the rest of the Eastern conference.
Oh no....we are mortified. Jagr brings nothing, he's a side show.

Old
dma0034

Malkin hasn't had the amazing point production since the SC runs (though.... he's still a great #1 center let alone #2).

Pittsburg, Boston, Philly and Washington (and maybe the Lightning) are all players in the East. Vancouver, Detroit, San Jose and Chicago are the players in the West. I don't see how you think any team in the East is so vastly superior to the Sabres right now id they sign Ehrhoff. If they do get a #1 Center (rumor has it that if Richards doesn't come that Sabres have a trade for Spezza) you can't say they aren't contenders in the East.

Old
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleyjub View Post
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
BUF GM Darcy Regier will talk to Christian Ehrhoff via phone in a.m. Just my opinion, but I think there could be a real good fit there.
Which raises the question... a.m. in Germany or a.m. in Buffalo? Six hour time difference, Darcy still working... why not stay up until 2:00 local time?

06-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

I take this to mean the Sabres are fairly confident they can sign him, though I'm not sure I'd be happy about the amount they'd need to do it. At the very least, though, they will have a better idea of what their options are come Friday, which I suppose is worth the 4th rounder depending on how the weekend turns out.

Old
06-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Canuckfan4Life2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres_phan View Post
This is getting stupid. WHAT are you basing this grammatically-challenged theory on exactly???
History,go look at top of their class free agents that leave there teams in the cap era it's very rare they go to a 7-last place seeded team

The way I see it is Ehrhoff will only sign in Buffalo if they give him a 6-7 year 6+ mill a year deal if not he's signing in Detroit or Boston

Brad Richards will sign with the Rangers

Old
06-29-2011, 10:36 PM
11Owen
Thanks, Feaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Oh no....we are mortified. Jagr brings nothing, he's a side show.
A motivated Jagr is always a concern. You never know man.

Old
06-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Which raises the question... a.m. in Germany or a.m. in Buffalo? Six hour time difference, Darcy still working... why not stay up until 2:00 local time?
He should just stay up and drink and then when he signs Ehrhoff to a 7 year contract worth $45M he can blame the alcohol.

Old
06-29-2011, 10:39 PM
11Owen
Thanks, Feaster

Quote:
History,go look at top of their class free agents that leave there teams in the cap era it's very rare they go to a 7-last place seeded team

The way I see it is Ehrhoff will only sign in Buffalo if they give him a 6-7 year 6+ mill a year deal if not he's signing in Detroit or Boston

I'm glad you seem to have insight into Christian's mind. Must be nice to have that type of ability.

Old
06-29-2011, 10:40 PM
sabres_phan

Quote:

Ehrhoff won't go to the Sabres because they were the 7 seed last year, but Brad Richards will happily go to an 8th seeded team because THAT'S the "cozy offer where he can be a compliment to a solid team not where he has to be the main piece"[sic].

Stop making so much sense.

Old
dma0034

Quote:

So then according to your logic why is Brad Richards going to 8th Seed New York?

Old
Hero
Buffy is Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Exisle View Post
Wouldn't it be incredible if Ehrhoff signed with the Isles after July 1st.
Go back to the Nucks?

Old
Canuckfan4Life2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
I'm glad you seem to have insight into Christian's mind. Must be nice to have that type of ability.
I guess we'll see in a couple days who overpays for his services or who gets fair value (if he signs with buffalo it won't be fair value)

Old
06-29-2011, 10:41 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialamo View Post

I'm sure their agent would at least take a call and say they weren't interested, but I don't think there's any obligation there at all.

Old
06-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Canuckfan4Life2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
So then according to your logic why is Brad Richards going to 8th Seed New York?
If the rangers didn't get hit with injury bug they're not an 8th place seed and John Tortorella

Old
06-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
if he signs with buffalo it won't be fair value
And what do you think his fair value is, keeping in mind that he's rumored to be looking for at least $5 mil per year?

Old
06-29-2011, 10:44 PM
sabres_phan

Quote:
I guess we'll see in a couple days who overpays for his services or who gets fair value (if he signs with buffalo it won't be fair value)
Lay it out with some specifics. You can't just say that if he signs with Buffalo it won't be fair value. Give some actual numbers to go along with your prediction. I'll get the popcorn ready.

Old
06-29-2011, 10:44 PM
AirBriere48

Quote:
So did you burn your Ehrhoff jersey in the riots? Or are you putting it on Ebay?

Old
06-29-2011, 10:45 PM
sabres_phan

Quote:
If the rangers didn't get hit with injury bug they're not an 8th place seed and John Tortorella
Of course you remember that Buffalo was missing their most productive offensive player for much of the season and just about all of the playoffs.

Old
06-29-2011, 10:46 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBriere48 View Post
So did you burn your Ehrhoff jersey in the riots? Or are you putting it on Ebay?
Keeping mine for when Airhoff signs with the Canucks on July 1st.

Old
06-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Canuckfan4Life2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
And what do you think his fair value is, keeping in mind that he's rumored to be looking for at least $5 mil per year?
Look i'm not trying to take shots at your team/fans that's not who I am (and I actually like the Sabres)

Ehrhoff from what we've heard here in Vancouver is he's looking for 5.5 a year but 7-8 years,the Canucks offfered him Bieksa's contract which was 5 years 4.6 per he didn't like it so Gillis walked

If anyone signs Ehrhoff for more than 5.5 and over 4 years it will turn out to be a bad contract whoever does it (Canucks included)

Old
06-29-2011, 10:48 PM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
Quote:

The way you see it, you refuse to accept that Ehrhoff and the Nucks were not a fit above $4.6 million AAV and believe that for anyone else to sign him will cost over 30% more than that, which is nothing more than you trying to salve your conscience that he didn't sign with your team.

Ehrhoff is a great fit for the Sabres needs, they'll pay more for him b/c their need for a RH d-man of his ilk are greater than that of the Nucks. There are a lot of connections between him and the current roster and the difference between the Sabres and the Isles in terms of quality of organization/ownership is like night and day.

If they make him an excellent offer and pitch the team's plans properly, he'll sign for less than what you're suggesting.

Ta,

Closed Thread