HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago - Pittsburgh

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Jaromir Jagrbombs

vCash: 500
I wouldn't do this trade from either side.

Old
06-30-2011, 10:11 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

No chance at all.

Old
06-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

This might make sense if both teams were in need of a major shakeup. But they aren't, so it makes no sense.

Old
06-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Seventeen Twos

Gtfo

Old
06-30-2011, 10:16 AM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
To those guys saying hell no for Kane alone, you're nuts. Malkin, even with a bad year, is a top 5 player in the league. Kane will never, ever, be one (unless Stamkos, Ovechkin, Crosby, Datsyuk, the Sedins all die...then he's got a shot.)
It's not just production... Malkin is obviously injury proned. I'd prefer a healthy Kane who plays nearly 82 games, compared to an oft injured Malkin that plays less than 50...

Old
06-30-2011, 10:23 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
It's not just production... Malkin is obviously injury proned. I'd prefer a healthy Kane who plays nearly 82 games, compared to an oft injured Malkin that plays less than 50...
Malkin's only played less than 50 once.

Old
06-30-2011, 10:39 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
To those guys saying hell no for Kane alone, you're nuts. Malkin, even with a bad year, is a top 5 player in the league. Kane will never, ever, be one (unless Stamkos, Ovechkin, Crosby, Datsyuk, the Sedins all die...then he's got a shot.)
How can he be a top 5 player in the league with a bad year? That makes no sense. Malkin has had 2 bad years in a row, so no, he's no longer a top 5 player in the league. When he's on his game he can be, but again, he hasn't been for 2 years.

And saying Kane will never be a top 5 player is hilarious. Just like Malkin, any one of the players you listed are capable of drop offs, and Kane's still only 22.

Old
06-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Happyhary9

Quote:
I love these type of posts. As little as three years ago when the Sedins were like 5 years older then Kane and if you said they would become top 5 type players everyone would have though you were high. So Kane could become a top five players he is only 22 years old came into the NHL as a very small guy who nobody thought was physically mature enough for the NHL at the time. Real little guys like Kane usually take longer to develop. But do to Kane having world class hands, vision, and hockey IQ he has excelled at an earlier age then expected. With all the reports that he is still getting bigger and stronger, when he finally hits a higher physical statue I would not be surprised at all if he put up a lot of seasons over 100.

Old
06-30-2011, 10:58 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFS View Post

To Chicago
- Evgeni Malkin

To Pittsburgh
- Patrick Kane
- David Bolland
Awful deal for the Hawks, hell no.

Old
06-30-2011, 10:59 AM
reliken

Better lock this down, it will just become a crap tossing fest between pens and hawks fans...

Old
06-30-2011, 11:39 AM
RehnX

It wouldn't be a bad trade, but it's pointless and I don't see either team doing it.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Horrid deal for Hawks

Old
06-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by RehnX View Post
It wouldn't be a bad trade, but it's pointless and I don't see either team doing it.
It wouldn't be a bad trade, it would be a terrible trade from a Pens perspective.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:49 AM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
How can he be a top 5 player in the league with a bad year? That makes no sense. Malkin has had 2 bad years in a row, so no, he's no longer a top 5 player in the league. When he's on his game he can be, but again, he hasn't been for 2 years.

And saying Kane will never be a top 5 player is hilarious. Just like Malkin, any one of the players you listed are capable of drop offs, and Kane's still only 22.
Two years ago if Malkin stayed healthy, he would have been over 90 points again... which is more than Kane has ever got. Pretty good for a "bad" year.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Jahodac

Not even close...

Old
06-30-2011, 11:53 AM
PittPens87

LOL at the Hawks fans who say No from "their" standpoint. Any GM in the league would give up Kane + Bolland from Malkin. The problem is... to get Geno - You have to give up about 3 Kane's. Last time I checked -- You only have Kane and Hossa to offer us. (sorry Toews is way overrated)

Old
06-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Malkin has had exactly one season where he's been on pace to score less than Kane's career best, and that's when he had multiple injuries and played half a season, with his most frequent ES linemates being Cooke and Talbot.

So, uh, no.
Yeah, that's ridiculous. I like Kane a lot, but he's no Malkin. Malkin as a rookie was about as good as Kane's ever going to get. Kane just doesn't have the talent to put up a season like Malkin's 2007-08 or 2008-09. If Malkin is healthy this season i fully expect him to re-establish himself as a top 3 player in the NHL.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Saving Greiss
#Bortuzzoed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux View Post
Yeah, that's ridiculous. I like Kane a lot, but he's no Malkin. Malkin as a rookie was about as good as Kane's ever going to get. Kane just doesn't have the talent to put up a season like Malkin's 2007-08 or 2008-09. If Malkin is healthy this season i fully expect him to re-establish himself as a top 3 player in the NHL.
Bylsma expects him at a camp, and his summer training has been encouraging. Needless to say, I'm really excited for his return.

Old
06-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
Having a guy 6'8" 258lbs fall on your leg isn't being injury prone.

Old
06-30-2011, 12:01 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

To the pens fans who think this is a bad deal, you should probably get your heads checked out. The penguins get a steal. Kane AND Bolland for the injured (well now "better") Malkin, pittsburgh would have a world class winger to play with Crosby and a good 3rd line centre. Chicago has absolutely no reason to do this "deal" because they gain another centre, while getting rid of Toews' best winger.

Old
06-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
To the pens fans who think this is a bad deal, you should probably get your heads checked out. The penguins get a steal. Kane AND Bolland for the injured (well now "better") Malkin, pittsburgh would have a world class winger to play with Crosby and a good 3rd line centre. Chicago has absolutely no reason to do this "deal" because they gain another centre, while getting rid of Toews' best winger.
I don't think you could find a single pens fan who would do this deal. A steal...good one.

Old
06-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post

Look at the players who are arguably top 5, Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Datsyuk, and malkin outside of Datsyuk none of those guys are dropping off anytime soon, they are all under 25

Old
06-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Random Oracle

What's the point of threads like these? To get two fanbases going at each other?

Old
06-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Xavier Laflamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
The Penguins could move Malkin to wing and he'd still be immediately better than Kane. The Pens also have the NHL's best third line center currently in Jordan Staal..No thanks.

If the Pens were going to trade Malkin, I can think of a lot of other teams that have what the Pens are looking for rather than Chicago...

Old
06-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGuins8711 View Post
Take Patrick Kane out of that proposal and I might think about it.
Take Malkin out of that proposal and Pens might think about it

Closed Thread