HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Perron practicing with team

Old
07-07-2011, 05:32 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Professional athletes can get in shape a lot faster than the average joe.
sure, and there is a marked difference between "get in shape" and "be up to game speed/conditioning"

Don't take my word for it, do some reading on the subject matter. This discussion is over as far as I am concerned, if you would like to continue, my PM box is open.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 05:15 PM
BleedBLUE76*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
It's not unlikely that the fact that he played afterward is what exacerbated the concussion.
Exactly. Good call.....

BleedBLUE76* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 10:34 PM
drinking buddy
blues fan

I am glad to hear he is getting better but if he isn't working out in the next few days there is no way he is ready and in shape for the start of the season and when he gets back I doubt he will be in a top 6 spot off the bat after not playing for a year plus.

drinking buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 10:36 PM
OpenIceHit42

I don't expect him back till at least early Novemeber..

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 05:07 AM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit42 View Post
I don't expect him back till at least early November..
I think you're right about that. A chance for Sterling or Grachev to hold his spot until he gets back.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:06 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
I think you're right about that. A chance for Sterling or Grachev to hold his spot until he gets back.
Even with Perron out, it's still going to take a couple more injuries before the likes of Grachev & Sterling likely get a chance now that Arnott and Langenbrunner have been added. The Blues are pretty deep at forward now.

Regarding Perron, I think all we can do at this point is support the kid and hope for the best. Concussions are nearly impossible to put a timeline on but it's certainly good that he's making progress, even if it's fairly slow progress.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:19 AM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Even with Perron out, it's still going to take a couple more injuries before the likes of Grachev & Sterling likely get a chance now that Arnott and Langenbrunner have been added. The Blues are pretty deep at forward now.

Regarding Perron, I think all we can do at this point is support the kid and hope for the best. Concussions are nearly impossible to put a timeline on but it's certainly good that he's making progress, even if it's fairly slow progress.
Agreed. With a lot of shuffling, (Oshie to LW, Langenbrunner to the second line, Crombeen in the lineup) you cover for Perron.

I just think it might be possible for Sterling or Grachev to replace Perron until he comes back without moving a lot of other pieces.

The Blues and Perron are real smart to keep taking whatever time he needs. I'm optimistic he'll be back by Nov. 1, but who knows.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Agreed. With a lot of shuffling, (Oshie to LW, Langenbrunner to the second line, Crombeen in the lineup) you cover for Perron.

I just think it might be possible for Sterling or Grachev to replace Perron until he comes back without moving a lot of other pieces.

The Blues and Perron are real smart to keep taking whatever time he needs. I'm optimistic he'll be back by Nov. 1, but who knows.
Langenbrunner will not be on the 2nd line to start the season, and probably won't be on it at any point this season.

Thallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:53 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Langenbrunner will not be on the 2nd line to start the season, and probably won't be on it at any point this season.
Yeah I'd have to think D'agostini would get all the benefit of top 6 time opening up just to push his point totals instead of seeing what Langs has in the tank for long stretches. Even Sobotka if we're pushing guys up the left side depth would probably move before Langenbrunner and Oshie get shuffled around.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Agreed. I don't think Langenbrunner has enough gas in the tank to be getting top 6 minutes. If he plays 3rd or 4th line, around 12-14 minutes a game, I'll be satisfied.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 07:21 PM
OpenIceHit42

I could see a 3rd line of Steen-Arnott-Langenbrunner.

Old
07-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit42 View Post
I could see a 3rd line of Steen-Arnott-Langenbrunner.

I like it a lot

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Overkamp

vCash: 250
I think its safe to say there will be many of line shuffling through the first 1/3 of the season next year..

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Defense_1st

Perron

Anyone know how Perron is doing with his rehab? Will he be good to go for the pre season?

Defense_1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Bob Sacamanu

All reports I've heard point to him not being ready for the start of the season. It is thought that he should be exercising by then, however. My hope/guess is that he'll be in a few months into the season. :

Bob Sacamanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Both Doug Armstrong and Davis Payne have reported over the past two weeks that they expect to see Perron in training camp.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:57 AM
OpenIceHit42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Both Doug Armstrong and Davis Payne have reported over the past two weeks that they expect to see Perron in training camp.
I heard that in Payne's interview on the Blues website, that is very good news. Makes me wonder if Perron isn't doing some kind of light workouts and their just keeping it quiet?

Old
07-23-2011, 07:41 PM
MedicBluesFan443

I would be suprised if Perron was in training campt to be honest. I want the blues to take the safe safe safe road with this talented kid. Let him heal properly... I like to see him around christmas time. I will be extatic if he returns any sooner then that. I just pray he does not try to come back too soon as he has such a passion for hockey and might try to give it a go to soon!

MedicBluesFan443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 12:54 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicBluesFan443 View Post
I would be suprised if Perron was in training campt to be honest. I want the blues to take the safe safe safe road with this talented kid. Let him heal properly... I like to see him around christmas time. I will be extatic if he returns any sooner then that. I just pray he does not try to come back too soon as he has such a passion for hockey and might try to give it a go to soon!
I think if one thing is certain through this whole ordeal, its that Perron is not coming back too early. No reason to lose any sleep over that.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 01:17 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I think if one thing is certain through this whole ordeal, its that Perron is not coming back too early. No reason to lose any sleep over that.
why you gotta go dissin' DP_57? dude's gotta tweet and can't do it while he's on the ice, yo.

I updated the thread title to reflect the fact that nobody is saying anything, even Rutherfords latest tweet regarding DP is no help.

Quote:
jprutherfordJeremy Rutherford

"@16hockey: @jprutherford Perron??? What's latest on my favorite Blue?... I have it from reliable sources that @DP_57 is sleeping right now.

2 hours ago

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:33 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
why you gotta go dissin' DP_57? dude's gotta tweet and can't do it while he's on the ice, yo.

I updated the thread title to reflect the fact that nobody is saying anything, even Rutherfords latest tweet regarding DP is no help.
Should Perron be sleeping with a concussion?

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 08:17 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Should Perron be sleeping with a concussion?
I'm pretty sure it is just the time right after you suffer the concussion that you shouldn't sleep. Wikipedia (I know it's not a fully trusted source) says that plenty of rest and sleep is part of the treatment. I mean there is no way Perron has been awake every hour since the injury.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it is just the time right after you suffer the concussion that you shouldn't sleep. Wikipedia (I know it's not a fully trusted source) says that plenty of rest and sleep is part of the treatment. I mean there is no way Perron has been awake every hour since the injury.
Over at the asylum, blue font indicates sarcasm. The comment was in no way, shape or form serious. If you ever see blue here there's a good chance the OP just didn't want to have to use the emoticon.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 08:42 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
Over at the asylum, blue font indicates sarcasm. The comment was in no way, shape or form serious. If you ever see blue here there's a good chance the OP just didn't want to have to use the emoticon.
Oh, now don't I feel like a dumbass, sorry.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 11:16 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Oh, now don't I feel like a dumbass, sorry.
Don't. I was just trying to lighten the mood a little.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure not sleeping in like 7 months isn't too good for someone...

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote