HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Perron practicing with team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-26-2011, 01:25 PM
  #51
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20,105
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Don't. I was just trying to lighten the mood a little.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure not sleeping in like 7 months isn't too good for someone...
They would probably be a bit irritable.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 01:42 PM
  #52
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 7,226
vCash: 714
This movie thing about not sleeping after a blow to the head is kind of silly.

As long as someone is around to verify that the person isn't losing mental status which might indicate bleeding/pressure in the brain (in various potential places) its not an independent concern. Its really not hard to wake a person post-concussion a couple times in a night to verify that.

"Stay with me Perry!"

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 01:53 PM
  #53
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Don't. I was just trying to lighten the mood a little.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure not sleeping in like 7 months isn't too good for someone...
I once went 3 nights and 3 days without sleeping and while I was walking I fell asleep. When I awoke (having kicked my foot against a very high street curb) I noticed that I had walked three long blocks past where I last was awake. I think your body will force you to sleep when you've had none for a long time. My limit was 3 days. I imagine the human limit can't be more than 4-5 days, without serious physical problems.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 05:40 PM
  #54
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual
 
Multimoodia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Range
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I once went 3 nights and 3 days without sleeping and while I was walking I fell asleep. When I awoke (having kicked my foot against a very high street curb) I noticed that I had walked three long blocks past where I last was awake. I think your body will force you to sleep when you've had none for a long time. My limit was 3 days. I imagine the human limit can't be more than 4-5 days, without serious physical problems.
Somewhere around the end of day 3/day 4 the hallucinations kick in.

Let me tell you, those create an interesting series of issues.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 05:53 PM
  #55
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,609
vCash: 500
Wow, I try to lighten the mood with a bit of a joke and it turns into a discussion about the limits of the human-body without sleep....

I think we need some hockey to lighten things up, we're all too serious this summer. I'm sure the heat wave hasn't been helping for those of us in St. Louis. (and most of the rest of the USA)


bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 06:07 PM
  #56
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual
 
Multimoodia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Range
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Wow, I try to lighten the mood with a bit of a joke and it turns into a discussion about the limits of the human-body without sleep....

I think we need some hockey to lighten things up, we're all too serious this summer. I'm sure the heat wave hasn't been helping for those of us in St. Louis. (and most of the rest of the USA)

I just presume all times without hockey are merely hallucinations stemming from a lack of sleep the season.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 09:20 PM
  #57
execwrite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 3,485
vCash: 500
Per Strickland - Army meets with Perron next week.

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/B...rron-Next-Week

I've got a good feeling about this.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 09:59 PM
  #58
tfriede2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Per Strickland - Army meets with Perron next week.

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/B...rron-Next-Week

I've got a good feeling about this.
Me too - take a look at the # of your post (for this thread)

tfriede2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 10:21 PM
  #59
Overkamp
Registered User
 
Overkamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,140
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriede2 View Post
Me too - take a look at the # of your post (for this thread)
Good call! Excellent work! Very funny..and ironic.


Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 05:19 AM
  #60
execwrite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 3,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriede2 View Post
Me too - take a look at the # of your post (for this thread)
That's funny - it's a sign from the Hockey Gods.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:34 AM
  #61
Stang
Registered User
 
Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,009
vCash: 500
Jeremy Rutherford
After meeting this wk, Blues & David Perron have decided he will NOT prepare to open the season with the team. More coming on STLtoday.com.
less than 1 minute ago from TweetDeck

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:34 AM
  #62
River City Rumble
Registered Loser
 
River City Rumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Drinkscotch Center
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 810
vCash: 50
Quote:
After meeting this wk, Blues & David Perron have decided he will NOT prepare to open the season with the team. More coming on STLtoday.com.
- Jeremy Rutherford on Twitter

oops got beaten to it

River City Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:40 AM
  #63
Stang
Registered User
 
Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,009
vCash: 500
Andy Strickland
The #Blues do believe David Perron will play NHL hockey at some point this coming season
just now from web

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:47 AM
  #64
Stang
Registered User
 
Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,009
vCash: 500
The most positive spin on all of this was just tweeted by Norm:

Norm Sanders

Armstrong said Perron still not cleared for training, has done no weight training, no on-ice workouts...but symptoms are becoming further apart

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:03 AM
  #65
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20,105
vCash: 50
Maybe we could invite Stillman to camp for extra insurance in case Perron is out longer than expected.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 10:40 AM
  #66
NashvilleBlues
Registered User
 
NashvilleBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 343
vCash: 500
He's faking it.

NashvilleBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:02 AM
  #67
STL fan in IA
Registered User
 
STL fan in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,826
vCash: 500
Get well soon, David. At least the symptoms are getting farther and farther apart so that's good. Hopefully he can continue to improve and then start playing again mid-season.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:24 AM
  #68
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
This movie thing about not sleeping after a blow to the head is kind of silly.

As long as someone is around to verify that the person isn't losing mental status which might indicate bleeding/pressure in the brain (in various potential places) its not an independent concern. Its really not hard to wake a person post-concussion a couple times in a night to verify that.

"Stay with me Perry!"
There's something to be said about keeping someone awake before they get to the hospital, but medical professionals induce sleep all the time after a patient comes in with a bad head injury.

Loosely speaking, of course, the brain is lazy. We make it work almost the time. The brain loves to sleep, but even in sleep the brain is surfing a relatively intense theta wave for a while. So, any sort of down time for the brain is welcomed.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:38 AM
  #69
taylord22
Registered User
 
taylord22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Does anyone remember the context of Big-Joe's previous penalty/hit? Or better yet, have video?

If I'm remembering correctly, Oshie put him on the ice in a previous shift and he took exception purposely putting Oshie into the boards the next (or later) shift...?

taylord22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:51 AM
  #70
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylord22 View Post
Does anyone remember the context of Big-Joe's previous penalty/hit? Or better yet, have video?

If I'm remembering correctly, Oshie put him on the ice in a previous shift and he took exception — purposely putting Oshie into the boards the next (or later) shift...?
Joe Thornton was coming out of the penalty box and was apparently making a bee-line for the San Jose bench.

Perron was skating through the neutral zone and looking back slightly to his right. In other words, Perron was not paying attention and he ran smack into Thornton's shoulder.

Hard to place blame on Thornton because he's so damn big and his shoulder met with Perron's face. But if I was to place blame on anyone, then it would have to be Perron for not paying attention to what was in front of him.

Granted it all happened so fast that, at first, Perron's lane in the neutral zone was clear and then Thornton's penalty expired and then the hit.

That's basically what happened.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:17 PM
  #71
Stang
Registered User
 
Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,009
vCash: 500
taylord22 was asking why Thornton was in the box to begin with...not the sequence of events after he left the box.

Unfortunately all that is burned into my brain is perron getting demolished

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:33 PM
  #72
Ranger482
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Joe Thornton was coming out of the penalty box and was apparently making a bee-line for the San Jose bench.

Perron was skating through the neutral zone and looking back slightly to his right. In other words, Perron was not paying attention and he ran smack into Thornton's shoulder.

Hard to place blame on Thornton because he's so damn big and his shoulder met with Perron's face. But if I was to place blame on anyone, then it would have to be Perron for not paying attention to what was in front of him.

Granted it all happened so fast that, at first, Perron's lane in the neutral zone was clear and then Thornton's penalty expired and then the hit.

That's basically what happened.
Thornton knew what he was doing. Perron never knew he was there. End of argument.

Ranger482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:39 PM
  #73
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger482 View Post
Thornton knew what he was doing. Perron never knew he was there. End of argument.
No, it is NOT the end of the argument. Joe Thornton does not have any history whatsoever of dirty hits. For such a large man he is quite meek.

This was Perron's fault for not paying attention.

RE: Taylord's question...maybe I misunderstood. I don't know why Thornton was in the box to begin with and don't know if there was any retribution.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:44 PM
  #74
Ranger482
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
No, it is NOT the end of the argument. Joe Thornton does not have any history whatsoever of dirty hits. For such a large man he is quite meek.

This was Perron's fault for not paying attention.

RE: Taylord's question...maybe I misunderstood. I don't know why Thornton was in the box to begin with and don't know if there was any retribution.
....and OJ Simpson never had a history of murder. So...what's your point? If it's anyones fault it's the league's fault for giving players a false sense of security by "removing headshots from the game". Perron might have had his head down, but you can't tell me Joe didn't know he was going to hit him. That's BS....

Ranger482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 01:02 PM
  #75
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol
 
WalterSobchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gutter Alley
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang View Post
The most positive spin on all of this was just tweeted by Norm:

Norm Sanders

Armstrong said Perron still not cleared for training, has done no weight training, no on-ice workouts...but symptoms are becoming further apart
I don't mean to be negative, but I'm getting to the point where I'd be surprised to see David in a Blues game again before the trade deadline.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.