HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Allison?

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Diesel

vCash: 500
Jason Allison?

spectors hockey is reporting that up to 10 teams are interested in Jason Allison, who is progressing well in his recovery from a season ending injury last year. Obviously, the injury is a major question mark (and I don't remember the exact nature of the injury), but do you think the Flyers might be interested? The injury should actually make him less espensive than he would have been otherwise. Also, he is still relatively young (under 30). Might be a good replacement for Zhamnov. Thoughts?

Old
07-27-2004, 12:28 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
low base salary with incentives for games played, games ect. i wouldnt have a problem with it.
But only if they are unable to get Zhamnov resigned or get someone like Demitra.

Old
07-27-2004, 02:51 AM
adurn

I believe the injury was related to whiplash/after-effects of whiplash.

Old
07-27-2004, 07:12 AM
VaFlyer

What does Allison bring to the table if healthy? He has a decent shot, but below average skating ability. He is good on faceoffs. He brings size and patience, but has constantly been injured over the past 2 years. The thing that he brings to the table is his playmaking ability. He is much like Adam Oates in that most of his points come from assists not on goals. He has averaged nearly a point per game over the span of his career.

So here is the real question, is he worth the money? Who knows. I would bet the Flyers scouts at least have been one of the teams who have watched him in his workouts. It doesn't harm them to watch. A guy with the talent that Allison has can change the way a game goes with that one pure pass right on the tape, but the question will always be there all year, can he stay healthy? If you can get him into a contract that has an injury clause or is very, very incentive laden, you could have yourself a really good player. He would be cheaper than Zhamnov, but brings more questions about his health with him.

Old
07-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Jester

honestly, if Zhamnov isn't willing to come down to our proposed offer, i don't want him. i just think he's going to be injured, and his contract will hurt us in bringing in other players and what not... just a gut feel, but not that unrealistic i don't think.

allison would be an awesome addition if he's willing to come in for a low base contract. guy is a monster when he's in the lineup, big "if" on that, and hopefully he's gotten over the rash of injuries that have bothered him the last couple of years. between the whip-lash thing, and the hip injury(which he managed to play through during the playoffs couple years back) it been tough for him in LA... who has the worst injury luck ever.

not to mention, if clarke is seriously concerned about the salary cap, signing allison over zhamnov for less could be an excellent gamble to make... with high rewards since i think allison would have a larger effect on the team if he's healthy.

they want to leave Roenick on the wing... but if we don't sign either, it isn't as if we are hurting up the middle with Roenick, Handzus, and Primeau manning the top 3 units... with Sharp or one of the Rooks handling 4th line duty.

Old
07-27-2004, 10:36 AM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
I wouldn't mind Allison if he was able to put up a good amount of goals. We need a goal scoring first line center, a guy you can put out onto the powerplay and expect him to make a play.

Old
07-27-2004, 10:40 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFlyer
What does Allison bring to the table if healthy? He has a decent shot, but below average skating ability. He is good on faceoffs. He brings size and patience, but has constantly been injured over the past 2 years. The thing that he brings to the table is his playmaking ability. He is much like Adam Oates in that most of his points come from assists not on goals. He has averaged nearly a point per game over the span of his career.

So here is the real question, is he worth the money? Who knows. I would bet the Flyers scouts at least have been one of the teams who have watched him in his workouts. It doesn't harm them to watch. A guy with the talent that Allison has can change the way a game goes with that one pure pass right on the tape, but the question will always be there all year, can he stay healthy? If you can get him into a contract that has an injury clause or is very, very incentive laden, you could have yourself a really good player. He would be cheaper than Zhamnov, but brings more questions about his health with him.
When he was with the Kings he led the world in points per game. His only 'full' year with the Kings, if he had played a full season he would have had 90+ points (74 points in 73 games)

Old
07-27-2004, 11:12 AM
mikedifr

If healthy, I think it would be a great chance to take, assuming Zhamnov doesnt come back. However, we are deep at center when you count the younger players, and Roenick, so our money could be best spent somewhere else. On the other hand, he is not quite 30 and if he can regain his health, is in the prime of his career for a couple more seasons. Picture him out there with Gagne. Gagne could make up for Allison's lack of speed, and Allison is a right handed shot who should be able to set up Gagne on the left for a lot of goals. However, I also envision Gagne and Carter together, what speed that line would have!!!

The guy has averaged about a point per game over his career, how many do that now? His best season was 2000-2001 with the Bruins where he played all 82 games and scored 36g 59a for 95points. He has scored 33+ goals twice, it isnt like he cant score goals at all.

Old
07-27-2004, 03:42 PM
flyersrock1

I would take him at 1 million plus bonus. Was a pretty good player when 100%.

Old
07-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersrock1
I would take him at 1 million plus bonus. Was a pretty good player when 100%.
Jason Allison is a premier forward in the league when healthy. He'll get far more than just a guaranteed 1 million plus bonuses from someone.

Old
07-28-2004, 11:28 AM
flyersrock1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Jason Allison is a premier forward in the league when healthy. He'll get far more than just a guaranteed 1 million plus bonuses from someone.
With his heath I can see a bonas loaded contract just like the big baby (Lindros) will get.

Closed Thread