HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2011-12 Season Thread (Pt.2)

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2011, 08:40 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Because I have faith in what spits management is doing as it relates to player

development I think its better to be patient as opposed to doomsday theories on

players who should or should not play in the O

To me ice time or playing time is earned not given especially if one is not ready

Old
09-18-2011, 08:42 PM
hockeylegend11

The London Knights it should be noted a goaie in the 2nd rd in this years draft

Ian Jenkins- unfortunately his tragic passing wont let us see what that pick do

for the Knights

Old
09-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Who said for these players to hang up the skates because they didn't perform well at 16? Once again it's not about DeKort being behind 2 goalies in Windsor. It's about this being a rebuilding year and wins and losses are taking a back seat to development.
You seem to think the only way to develop is to throw all youngsters in and see if they sink or swim because the Spits had no choice but to do that 5 years ago and it worked out well.

You can also develop players by putting them in stable situations where you give them the best opportunity to succeed. Also you're developing the new core by getting them more play-off experience over outright tanking and getting a top three pick instead of a 5-6-7 pick. Rychel, Ebert, Vail and Webermin (somewhat) got a taste of the play-offs last season, the plan is to get Clarke, Johnson, Maletta, Bateman, Bowen, Deeley, Feasey some play-off experience - that's important to development as well. Having expectations on the season and playing meaningful games. If the white flag is waved and we go all in with the kids than the boys will know the season is meaningless.

Old
09-18-2011, 08:57 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Because I have faith in what spits management is doing as it relates to player

development I think its better to be patient as opposed to doomsday theories on

players who should or should not play in the O

To me ice time or playing time is earned not given especially if one is not ready
I have certain faith in players but I have never been a fan of any team drafting a goalie high. Obviously for a team you root for you care more about them and I don't like using a high pick on a goalie. As for big forwards I don't like that either because they can be hit like Nemisz or miss like Maccarone, Hudes, Donally, Livingston, Brittain, Aliu, Harnden, Tront, Gaynor, Salters. The list goes on.

Old
09-18-2011, 09:24 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
You seem to think the only way to develop is to throw all youngsters in and see if they sink or swim because the Spits had no choice but to do that 5 years ago and it worked out well.

You can also develop players by putting them in stable situations where you give them the best opportunity to succeed. Also you're developing the new core by getting them more play-off experience over outright tanking and getting a top three pick instead of a 5-6-7 pick. Rychel, Ebert, Vail and Webermin (somewhat) got a taste of the play-offs last season, the plan is to get Clarke, Johnson, Maletta, Bateman, Bowen, Deeley, Feasey some play-off experience - that's important to development as well. Having expectations on the season and playing meaningful games. If the white flag is waved and we go all in with the kids than the boys will know the season is meaningless.
Good pts Otto

talking to most spits fans they are excited and curious in seeing what happens

this year and beyond

I refuse to rush to judgement as it relates to windsors youth

Old
09-18-2011, 09:49 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post

Once again I never said throw in all the youngsters. Your top picks should be up in the OHL learning the ropes, going to practice day after day, learning systems, learning routines.

Old
09-18-2011, 10:42 PM
scokan

dont they already practice with the teams, learn systems? they just dont play in the games.. whats with the negativity? I agree with libbs that it seems as though you want them to fail.. just sit back and enjoy the process, you cant start writing kids off already without seeing the play the regular season

Old
09-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Hit the 1,000 post limit again, sooo... continued in:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=986719

Closed Thread