HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The nature of Kostitsyn's epilepsy identified.

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2004, 06:38 PM
habsfansam

vCash: 500
Mike The Wall, I'm with you. For those of you claiming that he's over-reacting, you've got to understand the effects of serious illness and how very serious they can be for both the patient and the family. I can guarantee that nobody who has ever had seizures found the joke funny... it can be terrifying.

Personally I found the joke to be pretty tasteless...

To use the excuse that nobody in Andrei's immediate family will ever read this is the lamest attempt at justification I've ever laid eyes on... simply admit the joke was not in the best of taste, apologize, and move on.

If Andrei is still working out, then this whole thing is for the best. He probably wasn't on the ice for the last few days because something showed up and the technician caught it immediately, but it takes more than a day to have a test, get it read (by someone who knows what they are talking about), make a proper diagnosis, and decide on appropriate care...especially when you are dealing with doctors as busy as mulder. The epilepsy still isn't an issue and I consider it to be in some of the most capable hands in north america.

For those of you who feign surprise, or are shocked that the kid has a disease... we've known all along, and to make wild assumptions about its affect on his playing time with CSKA is absurd. The kid is sick, he's being taken care of, and this should not affect his career or development for that matter.

Old
07-27-2004, 06:40 PM
rocketlives

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
Wow... you need to lighten up Mr. serious... are you a robot???????
Do you have a good joke about Saku's Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma ? Lets hear it and let's all have a good laugh.

Last edited by rocketlives: 07-27-2004 at 06:53 PM.
Old
07-27-2004, 06:54 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives
Kostitsyn was submitted to sophisticated medical tests at the Montreal Neurological Institute near the end of the Development Camp and the nature of his epilepsy was finally diagnosed: nocturnal syndrome of the frontal lobe, a very common form of epilepsy.

"We are happy to have identified the nature of his sickness said Dr Mulder, the team physician, yesterday. Before, we never had the chance to examine him so extensively.

This is very strange because I can remember reading that they did extensive tests before they drafted him. If they only found out now what he really had, those earlier tests weren't that extensive - which leads me to ask did the Habs really know what they were doing when they drafted him.

Old
07-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Physical HABuse

The type of epilepsy he has cannot be cured...and isn't treated with surgery...but can be effectively managed with antiepileptic medication. He apparently hasn't had any seizures on the ice....and there should be no effect on his performance as a result of the epilepsy....particularly if we control it as well as we think we can control it. As for his evaluation pre-draft...well that was expanded upon recently, hence his diagnosis and subsequent announcement to the media.

Old
07-27-2004, 07:21 PM
velimiiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives
Do you have a good joke about Saku's Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma ? Lets hear it and let's all have a good laugh.
what the f---?????? You are SLOW..........

Here's what he said

"I asked my freind if he had any insight into Kostitsyn's condition, and this is how he replied:

Yes, of course, you see, frontal lobe nocturnal syndrome is often accompanied by, and some believe even caused by, large fluctuations in libido. Kostitsyn was destined for this condition as the middle of his name is a direct reference to the female mammory organs, rendering him a victim to all types of females. Upon his arrival in Montreal, the undisputed world capital of beautiful women, his condition rapidly deteriorated, something that the medical personel of Montreal are accustomed to, hence the founding of the MNI in the first place. "

You don't get it do you? Maybe i should translate it in french for you ? Is that why you dont understand it because english isnt your first language, or is it because you're hard-headed?
:lol

Old
07-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfansam
Mike The Wall, I'm with you. For those of you claiming that he's over-reacting, you've got to understand the effects of serious illness and how very serious they can be for both the patient and the family. I can guarantee that nobody who has ever had seizures found the joke funny... it can be terrifyin
I don't find it offensive. I think it's stupid and didn't laugh, but not offensive.

Old
07-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud The Spud
I don't find it offensive. I think it's stupid and didn't laugh, but not offensive.
Can you guys stop discussing this? It's ruining this thread.

Old
07-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Bud The Spud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
Can you guys stop discussing this? It's ruining this thread.
I suppose I could. It appears to me it's already been ruined long ago.

Old
07-27-2004, 07:51 PM
velimiiro

Quote:
Seriously... this is crazy... its so NOT offensive, and if they can't see that either they're too young, dont understand english that well... or... no disrespect or anything but you could just be "slow"... =[

Old
07-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Bud The Spud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
Seriously... this is crazy... its so NOT offensive, and if they can't see that either they're too young, dont understand english that well... or... no disrespect or anything but you could just be "slow"... =[
Maybe you should be quiet.

Old
07-27-2004, 07:55 PM
velimiiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfansam
Mike The Wall, I'm with you. For those of you claiming that he's over-reacting, you've got to understand the effects of serious illness and how very serious they can be for both the patient and the family. I can guarantee that nobody who has ever had seizures found the joke funny... it can be terrifying.

Personally I found the joke to be pretty tasteless...

To use the excuse that nobody in Andrei's immediate family will ever read this is the lamest attempt at justification I've ever laid eyes on... simply admit the joke was not in the best of taste, apologize, and move on.

If Andrei is still working out, then this whole thing is for the best. He probably wasn't on the ice for the last few days because something showed up and the technician caught it immediately, but it takes more than a day to have a test, get it read (by someone who knows what they are talking about), make a proper diagnosis, and decide on appropriate care...especially when you are dealing with doctors as busy as mulder. The epilepsy still isn't an issue and I consider it to be in some of the most capable hands in north america.

For those of you who feign surprise, or are shocked that the kid has a disease... we've known all along, and to make wild assumptions about its affect on his playing time with CSKA is absurd. The kid is sick, he's being taken care of, and this should not affect his career or development for that matter.
Its a tiny joke about how hot women in montreal are, and theres a correlation between libido (sex drive) and what Kost has, so since he came here and saw the beautiful women his libido goes up and has an episode, what the hell is offensive about this??? Are you 8 years old bro? no joke... are you really that much of a prude?

Old
07-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Physical HABuse

This thread should just be closed. Most of the important details about the opening message have been discussed.....and some other subtle things have been missed altogether and won't be discussed further cuz there are distracting and argumentative messages still posted....maybe this thread should be closed.

Old
07-27-2004, 07:59 PM
velimiiro

Quote:
Maybe you should be quiet.
I'm not even the guy who said the "joke" but i CANNOT believe people are reacting this way to it... im literally sitting here laughing and shaking my head in disgust at them.... it baffles my mind how someone could find this offensive or could take offense to something so unoffending and unmalicious!

Old
07-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Habfansincebirth

The joke was more about Kostitsyn having the word "***" in the middle of his name. I now regret that I made the joke (not really). I thought it was funny, and I thought I was dealing with grown ups who could differentiate between a good natured joke and a mean spirited jab. All those offended REALLY need to get life (I suggest you start by getting laid).

Old
07-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
This thread should just be closed. Most of the important details about the opening message have been discussed.....and some other subtle things have been missed altogether and won't be discussed further cuz there are distracting and argumentative messages still posted....maybe this thread should be closed.
Je consens. Il est fermé

No point in people getting in trouble arguing about whether a joke is in poor taste.

Closed Thread