HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers RFA to Canucks or Oilers

Old
06-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Blazephr

vCash: 500
Talk about someone taking themselves rather seriously.....LOL

EKLUND

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:06 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan102 View Post
Richard Cloutier [Edmonton Oilers Blogger]

Has said that the Oilers are very interested in acquiring Brandon Dubinsky. Which makes sense if the Rangers are to sign Brad Richards tomorrow.
That offer or "rumor" is just crap, crap, and a 2nd round pick for a top 6 winger.

Yeah, not happening.

The Rangers beat writers have done a few interviews with Slats and Torts in the recent days and they have stated how happy they are with the progression of the teams young core (Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Staal, Girardi, McD, Sauer, Stepan, etc) that the team is now in "add from the outside" mode, whether that's via UFA or trade. This is to compliment the existing core and fill in the holes as need be (Like a #1 center AKA Brad Richards) to make a serious run.

And those that say a D-core of Staal, Girardi, McD, Sauer, and some combo of MDZ, Erixon, V-Tank, and/or a UFA is not that good, you are out of your minds.

Rangers had something like the 5th or 6th least amount of goals allowed last season with two rookies playing on the second pair. McD and Sauer played solid last season.

The Rangers will not be moving any of their RFA's unless they are named Boyle. Just not happening unless its for a serious upgrade at some position.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Here's an idea superstar, how about ignoring questions that will annoy you to answer? Who appointed you the grand pubah of capology for the Rangers anyway, and how much is Sather overpaying you to do this? Do they have the cap room to afford your rediculous salary, and if not who will they trade to be able to afford having a pompous ass answer questions on the net for them?
Why would they need cap room for a capologist like me? Personell do not go on the cap.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Sauer is already better than that. He's a 3/4 right now pretty easily.
Maybe I honestly haven't watched enough of him to agree or disagree, for what I've seen of him he was very very solid especially for a rookie.

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
JuniorNelson

Canucks might be looking for a center for Shirokov, in Chicago. Anisimov?

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
beastly115

Wow, a rumor involving 3 of the NHL's biggest hockey markets. So predictable.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

I took a crap and it smelled like Rod Brindamour's face (e5)

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:07 PM
frankthefrowner

Um people keep saying we are gonna trade dubi because we are getting richards...people know dubi is left winger and not a center any more right?

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
Maybe I honestly haven't watched enough of him to agree or disagree, for what I've seen of him he was very very solid especially for a rookie.
Problem with him is you need to watch him more than a few times to see how good he is. He's hardly noticeable (which is a great thing) when on his game. He doesn't have much more upside, but he will continue to be a great 2nd pairing d-man for his whole career. He's definitely a 3/4 level player right now who might round out to be a very strong #3.

Old
06-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Canucks don't have much to offer for him other than 1st round picks.

Old
06-30-2011, 05:10 PM
UAGoalieGuy

And this was the same EKLUND that stated earlier today that the Rangers were making the best offer to trade for Parise. HELLO the Devils are not trading him to the Rangers so he can score on them 6 times a year and if the Rangers and Devils some how agreed on a trade for Parise (AKA hell freezing over), one of those key RFA's would HAVE to be included in a deal for him. Probably more then one. You think the Rangers would make that move, then trade another one of their key RFA's to the Oilers or 'Nucks?

Come on now. The guy is just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. The only time he is some what reliable is with Flyers rumors. And even then, sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut...

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
1. From whose twitter?
2. Rangers are not trading Callahan, their next captain.3. With no reliable source, this puppy should be closed.
No offence, but this was the Avs-fan catch-phrase when Chris Drury was there. I remember it well!

Anything can happen. Captains are traded all the time, never mind potential captains.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mattydamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Talk about someone taking themselves rather seriously.....LOL

EKLUND

Wow I really want to punch that guy in the face.
As a 'nucks fan I would absolutely LOVE Callaghan, I think he is already an awesome player and only going to get better.
Sadly however there is very very little chance we would be willing to spend the assets required. If the Rangers do trade him I hope they get a lot coming back their way because he deserves it.
Also, if he gets offer-sheeted for say 6mill a year would the Rangers match? I assume so but you never know!

mattydamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Why would Anisimov play in the AHL? The guy made big strides the last couple of years at the NHL level, there's no reason for him to return to the A. Sorry.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydamon View Post
Wow I really want to punch that guy in the face.
As a 'nucks fan I would absolutely LOVE Callaghan, I think he is already an awesome player and only going to get better.
Sadly however there is very very little chance we would be willing to spend the assets required. If the Rangers do trade him I hope they get a lot coming back their way because he deserves it.
Also, if he gets offer-sheeted for say 6mill a year would the Rangers match? I assume so but you never know!
Rangers match anything up to 5M, if you ask me.

The Canucks have nothing to get him via trade. They would have to use an offersheet.

Old
06-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
That's why I mentioned adding someone like Hejda or Jovanoski, I'm not saying your D-Core isn't going to be good in future 'cause saying that would be down right stupid, but right now I don't think it's gonna get you that far in the playoffs.
True, I dont see many young players taking control of a team, unless there superstar players. To many young players wont win many games, unless they got some veterans. A veteran wont hurt. Your right.

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:16 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
That offer or "rumor" is just crap, crap, and a 2nd round pick for a top 6 winger.

Yeah, not happening.

The Rangers beat writers have done a few interviews with Slats and Torts in the recent days and they have stated how happy they are with the progression of the teams young core (Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Staal, Girardi, McD, Sauer, Stepan, etc) that the team is now in "add from the outside" mode, whether that's via UFA or trade. This is to compliment the existing core and fill in the holes as need be (Like a #1 center AKA Brad Richards) to make a serious run.

And those that say a D-core of Staal, Girardi, McD, Sauer, and some combo of MDZ, Erixon, V-Tank, and/or a UFA is not that good, you are out of your minds.

Rangers had something like the 5th or 6th least amount of goals allowed last season with two rookies playing on the second pair. McD and Sauer played solid last season.

The Rangers will not be moving any of their RFA's unless they are named Boyle. Just not happening unless its for a serious upgrade at some position.
Here's my question...that blogger says it would make sense for the Ranger to trade Dubinsky if they sign Richards? WHY WOULD THAT MAKE SENSE? Dubinksy is the best LW the Rangers have, and the Rangers, as every Ranger fan continues to point out, have plenty of cap space to sign Richards and their RFAS. It would make sense if the Rangers are getting back a better LW than Dubi, otherwise, it makes no sense.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:18 PM
hefsbeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
For Callahan? Kesler is the only player in the Canucks organization that is a sensical target in a trade for Callahan. Dubinsky? Probably the same. Anisimov/Boyle are irrelevant, they aren't exactly "big" RFAs, and won't take up much cap space.
do you truly think you would get Kessler for either one of these two????? They are good dont get me wrong would love to have them on my team but there is no way either of these two brings back Kess....

hefsbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mattydamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Rangers match anything up to 5M, if you ask me.

The Canucks have nothing to get him via trade. They would have to use an offersheet.
While I wouldn't go so far as to say nothing, I do agree that the chances of him getting moved to the nucks are slim to none. Also with the Nucks cap room they won't be offersheeting him 5m plus anyways. I actually hope he stays with the Rangers.
The young core they are building around will be exciting to watch in the years to come, so glad they are shifting away from the old plodding/mediocre rangers of years past.

mattydamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tomobson

Sauer turned out to be a gem last season. mcd was pretty good as well, but sauer was just so steady the entire season it was ridiculous. he also has some decent offensive instincts, nothing extraordinary, but quite commendable for a rookie and a second pairing d-man.

defense is not something many ranger fans are worried about. if worse comes to worse i think most rangers fans would bite the bullet this season, and let their young d develop than signing a veteran d-man. also, a veteran d-man would be available come trade deadline if things work out for the best.

tomobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:20 PM
habsrule22

The only player the Rangers could be looking to move is Wolski

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:30 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Jim Cerny

Quote:
heard rumor, not reliable source RT @tpb1990: @JimCerny are you hearing that dubi could be headed to the oilers for cogs and a pick?

/thread.

06-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Eklund has nailed like 4 deals in the passed two days. Do I think he is 100% legit, no. But does he deserve some sort of credit, Yes I do.

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydamon View Post
While I wouldn't go so far as to say nothing, I do agree that the chances of him getting moved to the nucks are slim to none. Also with the Nucks cap room they won't be offersheeting him 5m plus anyways. I actually hope he stays with the Rangers.
The young core they are building around will be exciting to watch in the years to come, so glad they are shifting away from the old plodding/mediocre rangers of years past.
I would say nothing. The only thing you have are picks for an offer sheet. You have no prospects of interest, unfortunately.

Old
06-30-2011, 05:39 PM
funky

Dubie would look good running shotgun to Mike Richards in L.A. and I am sure it would cost a lot more then a 2nd rounder. He is a beast, who is young, strong and can put up points.

Saying that if the Rangers land Brad Richards, they have some huge contracts on the books in Lunqvist, Gabby, Richards and Staal plus Callahans raise. I could see them moving one of the young guys who will be coming into some money. I just dont think it would be for something as paltry as a second rounder.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote