HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr signs with the Flyers - 1 year, $3.3M

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2011, 09:48 PM
  #26
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,119
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
according to hockeyinsideout, with gorges, white and another forward, we have about 8m to spend on ufas...

jagr 5m
talbot 2m
backup 1m


PG JUST DO IT!
Wait...what? Not sure if serious...?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:50 PM
  #27
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,680
vCash: 500
Listen. You didnt get the Memo that Glen Big Money Sather is our GM now. Get with the program....














Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:50 PM
  #28
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,323
vCash: 500
Espn's brian wilde is reporting that Svoboda is in Montreal tonight

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:51 PM
  #29
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Espn's brian wilde is reporting that Svoboda is in Montreal tonight
link?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:52 PM
  #30
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Espn's brian wilde is reporting that Svoboda is in Montreal tonight
He's based there, isn't he?

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:56 PM
  #31
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
link?
http://twitter.com/#!/brianwildeCTV Apparently Svoboda lives in montreal though, so probably nothing to it, they are speculating that he would be in the city of the team he'd be negoeting with on july 1

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:57 PM
  #32
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,460
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Espn's brian wilde is reporting that Svoboda is in Montreal tonight
which means that Jagr isn't signing in Montreal


Svoboda is known for being kept out of the loop, he didn't even know where jagr was yesterday lol

Jagr wouldn't tell svoboda, go to montreal so we can announce a signing there, when svoboda didn't even know where his client was yesterday.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:59 PM
  #33
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
which means that Jagr isn't signing in Montreal


Svoboda is known for being kept out of the loop, he didn't even know where jagr was yesterday lol

Jagr wouldn't tell svoboda, go to montreal so we can announce a signing there, when svoboda didn't even know where his client was yesterday.
Like another guy was saying, Jagr is not his only client so being at home in his office would maximize his resources

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:59 PM
  #34
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
I think Jagr is gonna screw himself out of a couple of teams. If PG gets say a Cole and Stewart tomorrow Habs will have no need for Jagr. Same thing could happen in Pitt. and Det. Det will spending money on defence tomorrow. What s left after that may not be enough for Jagr.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:27 PM
  #35
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
I think Jagr is gonna screw himself out of a couple of teams. If PG gets say a Cole and Stewart tomorrow Habs will have no need for Jagr. Same thing could happen in Pitt. and Det. Det will spending money on defence tomorrow. What s left after that may not be enough for Jagr.
Let's not be silly. We are not looking to add money to this team.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:28 PM
  #36
Gore Habs Go
Registered User
 
Gore Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Jagr has legions of fans in pittsburgh who remember him as a hero and superstar. These ppl would like him back and would be very pissed off at him if he let them down and signed elsewhere for more cash. I think he's much more likely to sign in pitts than anywhere else.Why would he want to tarnish his rep?

Gore Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:49 PM
  #37
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,268
vCash: 500
Can people stop saying things like ''ahh, this was said, so he won't sign here, or there, or blabla freaking bla''..
Is it that difficult to just wait and see where he signs?? why are people trying to guess if it'll be in Detroit, Pittsburgh, Montreal or China based on little tweets that are completely meaningless.
Just freaking wait.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:56 PM
  #38
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Let's not be silly. We are not looking to add money to this team.
At this point who knows what they heck they are looking to do?

They're not standing pat and re-signing their guys obviously. If they were going with youth it would make sense to keep Pouliot around another year. Thus far they look to be maximizing space for something but it doesn't look like anything is out there.

Unless they are planning on offer-sheeting guys, which I would support given the current market.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:08 PM
  #39
Tline250
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
At this point who knows what they heck they are looking to do?

They're not standing pat and re-signing their guys obviously. If they were going with youth it would make sense to keep Pouliot around another year. Thus far they look to be maximizing space for something but it doesn't look like anything is out there.

Unless they are planning on offer-sheeting guys, which I would support given the current market.
If i'm PG tomorrow I'll send an offer-sheet to Stamkos, doesn't mater for me the compensation we need to pay if he signs here, for a guys of his caliber.

Tline250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:08 PM
  #40
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,379
vCash: 500
Who cares where Svoboda is, there's really one important question....where are the gloves?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:12 PM
  #41
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,276
vCash: 50
I hate sagas...never a happy ending. Always ends with people raging.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:20 PM
  #42
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I hate sagas...never a happy ending. Always ends with people raging.
Jagr

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:24 PM
  #43
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Is there any free agent apps for mobile phones? Would love to have a tracker!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:27 PM
  #44
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Who cares where Svoboda is, there's really one important question....where are the gloves?
hahahahahhaha that is awesome

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:31 PM
  #45
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
At this point who knows what they heck they are looking to do?

They're not standing pat and re-signing their guys obviously. If they were going with youth it would make sense to keep Pouliot around another year. Thus far they look to be maximizing space for something but it doesn't look like anything is out there.

Unless they are planning on offer-sheeting guys, which I would support given the current market.
Yeah, it does seem like they are being unnecessarily stingy with money which leaves me to think that they are working on a significant splash of some sort.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 12:10 AM
  #46
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Yeah, it does seem like they are being unnecessarily stingy with money which leaves me to think that they are working on a significant splash of some sort.
Actually, they have been the opposite. Max Pacioretty could surely have been had for 1 year $1M or less. HE had no arbitration rights. Desharnais and Weber should have been given 1-way contracts at league minimum. Especially Weber! Just one year ago, that's how PG was operating. He even went overboard. Arguably, his stinginess in the Dominic Moore file might have cost us a long Playoff run.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 12:13 AM
  #47
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tline250 View Post
If i'm PG tomorrow I'll send an offer-sheet to Stamkos, doesn't mater for me the compensation we need to pay if he signs here, for a guys of his caliber.
Yzerman wouldn't let Stamkos go no matter what. I'd either target Philadelphia so that they either have to give up on Leino or let an offer sheet on Simmonds or Voracek go past or target Anisemov/Dubinsky/Callahan in New York to destablize them as Sather goes after Richards.

If your opponents leave themselves exposed while they try to do some complicated move hit them where it hurts to crimp their style.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 12:45 AM
  #48
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Yzerman wouldn't let Stamkos go no matter what. I'd either target Philadelphia so that they either have to give up on Leino or let an offer sheet on Simmonds or Voracek go past or target Anisemov/Dubinsky/Callahan in New York to destablize them as Sather goes after Richards.

If your opponents leave themselves exposed while they try to do some complicated move hit them where it hurts to crimp their style.
You like to play nice, I see

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 12:48 AM
  #49
Pipobertin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
The pens Official web site is ready for a Jagr signature announcement!

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/search....00&view=images

Pipobertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 12:49 AM
  #50
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
You like to play nice, I see
I play within NHL rules, which is more than you can say about Boston

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.