HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ot-espn Nfl 2k5

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2004, 03:29 PM

vCash: 500
Ot-espn Nfl 2k5

I don't know if there are any gamers on this board, but I figured i'd try, has anyone picked up this game? I did, and I must say that it's a great game...

I'm a huge Madden series fans, so i feel like i'm cheating but for 20$ you can't possibly go wrong, this game has everything, originally I just bought it to bide time until Madden comes out, but now it'll be tough for me to put this game down...

Anybody here have any tips to offer on this game, i'm struggling with pass defense, I play with the 49ers, I'd like to hear your opinion on this game if you've tried it...

Old
07-27-2004, 05:02 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I don't know if there are any gamers on this board, but I figured i'd try, has anyone picked up this game? I did, and I must say that it's a great game...

I'm a huge Madden series fans, so i feel like i'm cheating but for 20$ you can't possibly go wrong, this game has everything, originally I just bought it to bide time until Madden comes out, but now it'll be tough for me to put this game down...

Anybody here have any tips to offer on this game, i'm struggling with pass defense, I play with the 49ers, I'd like to hear your opinion on this game if you've tried it...
I have the game and I love it. Personnaly I find the Madden series overrated , I prefer way more the 2k4 edition than the Madden 2004 , mostly because of the franchise mode who is more develop in the espn game and way more fun , as for the gameplay I find the madden game a little to much cartoon because of the players shape and size , but it depends of the person. I have the Houston texans in my franchise and I like to use the Falcons also.

If you want to have a good pass defense , use the 4-3 or nickel formation and select the 2 hard cover or Cover 3 or you can use the blitz (sometime) like the blast zone blitz or Greyhound (my favorite one on the dime formation) ... Or when the pass arrive at the receiver , tap the triangle button to deflect it (the AI doesn't do it automatically sometime and if you do it yourself you have better chanche to tap it). The Bear formation is a good formation also , but you just have one guy deep , so I prefer nickel or 4-3 , but it depends on the person ... "Cover 12" and "2 man" are good defensive play for the passing (I think it is in the nickel , I am not sure).

I myself prefer to blitz a little when the guy is passing because sometime when I don't blitz , the guy have to much time to throw the ball , so I use the one who is call the "sting blitz" (I don't remember the exact name but it has the word "sting" in it.

Also wait before choosing your play and let the computer choose his play first so like that you will have an idea of what formation he is using ... I think you already knew this , but if you didn't , it's a good thing as for knowing a little more on what formation you should use.

Do you have it on ps2 ? cuz I have ps2 and I play online , wer could play some games if you have it on ps2

my nickname on the ps2 online is Melo , so if you have the game online on the ps2 , challenge me !

Last edited by HabsBaby18: 07-27-2004 at 05:15 PM.
Old
07-27-2004, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsBaby18
I have the game and I love it. Personnaly I find the Madden series overrated , I prefer way more the 2k4 edition than the Madden 2004 , mostly because of the franchise mode who is more develop in the espn game and way more fun , as for the gameplay I find the madden game a little to much cartoon because of the players shape and size , but it depends of the person. I have the Houston texans in my franchise and I like to use the Falcons also.

If you want to have a good pass defense , use the 4-3 or nickel formation and select the 2 hard cover or Cover 3 or you can use the blitz (sometime) like the blast zone blitz or Greyhound (my favorite one on the dime formation) ... Or when the pass arrive at the receiver , tap the triangle button to deflect it (the AI doesn't do it automatically sometime and if you do it yourself you have better chanche to tap it). The Bear formation is a good formation also , but you just have one guy deep , so I prefer nickel or 4-3 , but it depends on the person ... "Cover 12" and "2 man" are good defensive play for the passing (I think it is in the nickel , I am not sure).

I myself prefer to blitz a little when the guy is passing because sometime when I don't blitz , the guy have to much time to throw the ball , so I use the one who is call the "sting blitz" (I don't remember the exact name but it has the word "sting" in it.

Also wait before choosing your play and let the computer choose his play first so like that you will have an idea of what formation he is using ... I think you already knew this , but if you didn't , it's a good thing as for knowing a little more on what formation you should use.

Do you have it on ps2 ? cuz I have ps2 and I play online , wer could play some games if you have it on ps2

my nickname on the ps2 online is Melo , so if you have the game online on the ps2 , challenge me !
Thanks for the advice, I usually like to blitz when it's a 3rd down and long situation or on 2nd and long....

I play nickle when the AI has 3 receiver sets and I play dime when he has 4 or more receivers as well, I still get burnt though, I win the majority of the games I play, i'm currently 9-2, but like every game the opposing QB throws for over 300 yards, sometimes 400 yards

I'd love to take up your challenge online (believe me) but I don't have the adapter yet, i'll have next payday, i'll make sure to look you up though

Old
07-27-2004, 06:06 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
i bought it too... the best football game ever made...

take that madden

Old
07-27-2004, 06:15 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Thanks for the advice, I usually like to blitz when it's a 3rd down and long situation or on 2nd and long....

I play nickle when the AI has 3 receiver sets and I play dime when he has 4 or more receivers as well, I still get burnt though, I win the majority of the games I play, i'm currently 9-2, but like every game the opposing QB throws for over 300 yards, sometimes 400 yards

I'd love to take up your challenge online (believe me) but I don't have the adapter yet, i'll have next payday, i'll make sure to look you up though

Then my only advice is to practice and practice

Did you play versus David Arquette in the celebrity challenge in the crib ? That guy is SO funny. One time he crushed me with his db and he said : Ka BOOM , not in the Arquette house ... The way he said it was SO funny ... Carmen Electra and Steve-O sucks , but Arquette made me laugh

Old
07-27-2004, 06:29 PM
Tricolore#20

I normally don't buy football games, but my brother bought it because of the price.

IT is a pretty solid game. Football games are so much more intricate than the other sports games. It's impossible for me to even understand 60% of the features.

Old
07-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
can't stop playing that game ...

Old
07-27-2004, 09:57 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
I normally don't buy football games, but my brother bought it because of the price.

IT is a pretty solid game. Football games are so much more intricate than the other sports games. It's impossible for me to even understand 60% of the features.
Me too ! Well before it was like that , but now that I have bought the game , I spend more time understanding how to play ... Before I was playing 3-4 games and spending the other time on the franchise gm mode before returning it back to the Blockbuster.

I love that game !

Old
07-27-2004, 10:12 PM
HabsBaby18*

If some of you know other people that have the game on the ps2 and can play online , we could start a league , like a 16 or 10 teams league rather than a full league (if we can do that)

Old
07-28-2004, 01:44 AM
Traitor8

I don't know a lot about NFL , plays or players so I didn't bother buying the game, i'm waiting for other games.

Do you guys think that EA would ever come out with CFL game?

Closed Thread