HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forwards Andrew Joudrey, Nicholas Drazenovic

Old
07-01-2011, 04:58 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

vCash: 500
Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forwards Andrew Joudrey, Nicholas Drazenovic

CBJ also give two-way deals to forwards Andrew Joudrey and Nicholas Drazenovic. They will play in Springfield

Eric smith

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=568160

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 05:10 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

CBJ also signed Nicholas Drazenovic to a 2 way deal who tallied 23-23-46 in 75 games with the AHL’s Peoria Rivermen in 2010-11

Eric Smith

Holy god

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 05:10 PM
JacketsFanWest

Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forwards Andrew Joudrey, Nicholas Drazenovic to Two-Way NHL/AHL Contracts

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=568160

Drazenovic seems promising
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospec...las_drazenovic

But I really need Howson to stop this. I have to get work done today before the holiday weekend, and I can't get anything done if he keeps up all these signings.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 05:18 PM
MephistoIV

Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
Great minor league depth

MephistoIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Nice of Howson to keep stocking the pond... hopefully he doesn't forget about Columbus though

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
Nice of Howson to keep stocking the pond... hopefully he doesn't forget about Columbus though
I'm beginning to wonder.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
I'm beginning to wonder.
what, not enough changes in the past 2 weeks?

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Drazenovic was an excellent player in the WHL; back when he was drafted I really thought he had some potential. Great leadership kind of guy (really became a leader for players that were older than him in the WHL) ... couldn't think of a better personality to add to our organization to help develop prospects.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
what, not enough changes in the past 2 weeks?
Oh, I am very happy with Howson's trades for Carter and Wiz, but he let Hejda and Upshall walk, and thus far has done nothing to replace those two. So, technically, besides throwing out a flyer on an AHL goalie with loads of potential, and a handful of other AHLers, he has done nothing in free agency. For someone that promised to pick up some much needed help on the FA market he has done little.

Don't get me wrong, he has improved the team, but if he does not replace Hejda at the very least, we are right back where we started with the defense. We can hope that we can promote a couple of solid third liners from Springfield, but who do we have to replace Hejda as a top-flight shut-down guy?

Maybe there are still some guys out there, or he can swing another trade. Maybe I am getting nervous prematurely. We'll see, I guess.

Old
07-02-2011, 06:42 AM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Oh, I am very happy with Howson's trades for Carter and Wiz, but he let Hejda and Upshall walk, and thus far has done nothing to replace those two. So, technically, besides throwing out a flyer on an AHL goalie with loads of potential, and a handful of other AHLers, he has done nothing in free agency. For someone that promised to pick up some much needed help on the FA market he has done little.

Don't get me wrong, he has improved the team, but if he does not replace Hejda at the very least, we are right back where we started with the defense. We can hope that we can promote a couple of solid third liners from Springfield, but who do we have to replace Hejda as a top-flight shut-down guy?

Maybe there are still some guys out there, or he can swing another trade. Maybe I am getting nervous prematurely. We'll see, I guess.
It's only July 2. Lots of time before the season starts. Much has been done. Some pieces still need to be acquired but there is plenty of time to get this done. We need to be patient.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
Drazenovic was an excellent player in the WHL; back when he was drafted I really thought he had some potential. Great leadership kind of guy (really became a leader for players that were older than him in the WHL) ... couldn't think of a better personality to add to our organization to help develop prospects.
My thoughts exactly. His overage season saw him with a very young team under him (Tyrell, Prab Rai, and a few other youngsters).

Quote:

Relax. The market will settle a bit, the leverage will shift, and more moves will be made. Don't forget that a few years back, only two moves were made on July 1...the Zherdev trade and Huselius signing and everything else came later.

In addition, Hejda hasn't been a top-flight shutdown guy since the playoff year. I think he's more replaceable than we'd like to admit; the Jan Hejda of 2009-10 and 2010-11 is not the Jan Hejda of 2007-08 and 2008-09.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinka View Post
My thoughts exactly. His overage season saw him with a very young team under him (Tyrell, Prab Rai, and a few other youngsters).

Relax. The market will settle a bit, the leverage will shift, and more moves will be made. Don't forget that a few years back, only two moves were made on July 1...the Zherdev trade and Huselius signing and everything else came later.

In addition, Hejda hasn't been a top-flight shutdown guy since the playoff year. I think he's more replaceable than we'd like to admit; the Jan Hejda of 2009-10 and 2010-11 is not the Jan Hejda of 2007-08 and 2008-09.
My only counter-point would be that Hejda has been stuck with some pretty weak D partners, and he could only cover for so many mistakes.

He is, however, 33 years old, and maybe it was time to go younger. If we are projecting Wiz / Tyutin as the 1-2 pairing, then I suspect that grabbing a shut-down 3-4 guy is still quite possible, and really would not require any big hurry. There are still guys out there, and now that the feeding frenzy is over, one might be had at a reasonable price.