HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks Sign Jim Vandermeer 1YR/1M

Old
07-02-2011, 09:13 PM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Huang View Post
Also like because Demers likes to take his fair share of runs but won't exactly stand up for himself after the whistle...

Vandermeer will stick up for Demers so that's good
Well, he doesn't really do anything "dirty". Players and coaches just don't like the hits he lays out.

Apparently they are 5 times worse.

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:37 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalRemonster View Post
Well, he doesn't really do anything "dirty". Players and coaches just don't like the hits he lays out.

Apparently they are 5 times worse.

But seriously, it's a good point. I wonder if Vandermeer rooms with Demers like Husky did? Husky and Jase had a good off-ice relationship, which definitely helped their on-ice chemistry. I hope Vandermeer can be the same kinda guy for Jase, but add in physical protection for him.

Also, to another point, if Dezy or Zeus go down at all (please no), I'd really like to see Viedensky get time as the third line center, as I think he will be perfect for that role in two years (conviniently when Zeus expires), an I hope Vieds can develop into a shut-down center in the Zeus mold.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:25 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post

But seriously, it's a good point. I wonder if Vandermeer rooms with Demers like Husky did?
Possibly. I don't know how hotel arrangements work. Do defensemen usually room with other defensemen? If not, I could see Demers just sharing a room with Mitchell. They already live together when they aren't on the road.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:18 AM
sharkbite3
Custom boozer title

Wow, browsing youtube and I had no clue that Vandermeer has thrown down with the likes of Lucic, Barch, Boll, Jackman, (Aaron) Downey, Stortini, Janssen and the Boogeyman (RIP). I'm impressed. Whether or not he won any of those I have no clue...I will soon...but it means something that he will drop 'em with the big boys like that. We need more of that so it won't just be Clowe taking on everybody. Let's sign Konopka too and we will be 100% un-****-witable.

Edit: Christ, wouldja look at him smiling at Lucic almost the whole time?! Hahaha I love him already!!

Last edited by sharkbite3: 07-03-2011 at 03:34 AM.
sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote