HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Stars sign Souray

Old
07-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Starburst*

vCash: 500
Will we be able to utilize his huge slapshot on the PP like McCabe?

Starburst* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
When did we get all these people from the official Stars forum? You people are a joke. Go read up on hockey and come back when you have a better understanding of what a defenseman is. Go root for Nashville.

Cin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 11:06 PM
aisforaaron83

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
When did we get all these people from the official Stars forum? You people are a joke. Go read up on hockey and come back when you have a better understanding of what a defenseman is. Go root for Nashville.

why are you always so bitter? How old are you?

Take a chill pill and just enjoy the atmosphere.

aisforaaron83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

I'm bitter? Have you read this thread? lol

Old
07-03-2011, 12:05 AM
ColeJ

i have no idea what a "strawman" is, and i'm starting to feel pretty proud of that fact.

all i know is that this thread is filled with a lot of jerks, apparently. this is why i don't frequent stars message boards anymore.

ColeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJ View Post
i have no idea what a "strawman" is, and i'm starting to feel pretty proud of that fact.

all i know is that this thread is filled with a lot of jerks, apparently. this is why i don't frequent stars message boards anymore.

1. Learn what strawman means
2. Use it every chance you get
3. ?????
4. Profit

Dominic Roussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJ View Post

Don't let the 2-3 idiots run you off. We'd much rather have you here than them.

Brand New Stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 09:35 PM
BeaverSports

I've been quite critical of many Stars moves in recent years, but I don't know how you can be upset at this. One year at $1.65 million for a guy who was an all-star in this league who was only playing in the AHL because his contract was too rich. Before his injuries, many considered him one of the top 10 two-way defencemen in the game. For this low a hit on a team that needs to up the payroll, it is an absolute no-brainer to try. I could see him regain his form.

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:43 AM
Captain Awesome

Quote:
I'm hoping he quoted the wrong person, considering the amount of douchiness present in this thread it does seem hilariously inappropriate to single you out of all people.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:16 AM
aisforaaron83

Quote:
I have not gone back and read this thread. I assume it is more of the same. I just always seem to notice you in other threads as well. Just seems bitter. not trying to be a dick. Just saying relax and enjoy man.

Old
07-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by aisforaaron83 View Post
I have not gone back and read this thread. I assume it is more of the same. I just always seem to notice you in other threads as well. Just seems bitter. not trying to be a dick. Just saying relax and enjoy man.
Nah... it's not Cin being bitter... well, he's only bitter about the negative nancies around here

Frozen Failure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

I think the only people that truly know what I feel and believe are the ones who go into chat with me.

Old
07-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Stevonidas
Wanna go pretty boy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
And they signed a worse defensemen for 2.25 million.

This pessimistic behaviour needs to end.
Soon as Joe quits ****ing up the team I've loved for nearly 17 years, then I'll stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellBetterBeGOD View Post
Can we create a thread specifically for some of these disgruntled fans to sit around and ***** about everything this team does so we can avoid that in the rest of the threads?
Or better yet; a thread for everyone (meaning just you) who *****es about people who ***** about everything this team does.

Don't like my opinion? GTFO.

Stevonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevonidas View Post
Soon as Joe quits ****ing up the team I've loved for nearly 17 years, then I'll stop.

Or better yet; a thread for everyone (meaning just you) who *****es about people who ***** about everything this team does.

Some of you think I'm bitter?

Old
07-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Joe could've done more, I'm sure of that, but you have another guy to scream at for screwing up our team... not him.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:41 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 27750
Quote:

The woodwork. Go back to it.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
Quote:

I've actually finally utilized the ignore list for the first time since joining HFBoards. Never thought it would be against a "Stars fan".

EDIT: Just in case it wasn't clear, I was not directing this at you Cin, I like you.

Last edited by Dominic Roussel: 07-05-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Dominic Roussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Ub the Bub

People people, this is why there's an ignore function... Make use of it...

Edit: Seems I was beaten to it...

Ub the Bub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 02:07 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
I bet Stevonidas wants the Stars to bring back Turco and Modano.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 05:00 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Oooh oooh do you have markers instead? I really like markers. Crayons make my hands all waxy.
LOL! I love it when the "positive-minded true fans" gang up. Oooh Oooh OOOhhhhh....

Quote:
"A lousy squad had no use for him." Your contention with this statement is that Souray would not have helped the Oilers, is that right? And you deduced that from the fact that they said "GTFO we don't want you."
And he did not. They sucked with him (and without him). Is that not clear?

Quote:
This is a stance that doesn't take into account the personal relationships between Souray and management that became irreparable. Whether he could have helped the Oilers on the ice was immaterial to their dismissal of him. They didn't want that type of situation around their young talented players, therefore they made him disappear. Good for them. However, that has nothing to do with their opinion of him as a player. There is no player they would have kept around under such circumstances, the only difference being if they had Crosby on their team and there was a rift there they could have found a dozen or so takers for him. You're boiling this down to an irresponsibly small number of factors. It's not as if a bad team saw a player who is so terrible he would hurt them if suited up, which IS what your statement implies, strawman b.s. aside.
And you know that the Oilers ill-treated him and not that they were miffed with Souray's commitment to his fitness because....?

Nonetheless....I don't care how poor the relationship was. My point is that he was not needed by the Oilers, irregardless of what transpired between him and the management. He did not help the Oilers improve when he played for them, and the fact that they didn't improve without him is immaterial to my point. I don't want an oft-injured, aging d-man to join this squad as some "reclamation project." We already had Lindros here.

And yes, this goes to you and all other self-proclaimed P-MTF's: I have every to be negative about certain things the way you love being positive about the very same things. That doesn't make me a "negative nancy" or "debbie downer." Feel free to sip on Souray's Kool-aid if you so choose to.

Last edited by StarsFan74: 07-05-2011 at 05:29 PM.
StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 05:22 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusAKA View Post
^^^ This is the message you poorly communicated.

It was somewhat ambiguous and Alistar (mis)read it as something you didnt say. Instead of just suggesting that he misunderstood, you accused him of strawman-ing you. Sure you could say he "strawmaned" you, but it seemed excessive and thats why I had a problem with it.
All that statement means is (and I stand by it): Oilers were a lousy (or as Alistar put it: s**tty) team that still did not miss him (Souray) when he was out.

There were two previous posts on him by me. Did you bother reading that? Both posts referred to Souray's abilities as a player, as did the one you quote.

Maybe you ought to have read the thread in order to ascertain whether my "strawmanning" him was "excessive" or in other words, you jumped into the midst without complete info.

Cheers!

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
LOL! I love it when the "positive-minded true fans" gang up. Oooh Oooh OOOhhhhh....
You came off as a dick so I responded to your tone in kind. You reap what you sow.

Quote:
I don't care how poor the relationship was. My point is that he was not needed by the Oilers, irregardless of what transpired between him and the management. He did not help the Oilers improve when he played for them, and the fact that they didn't improve without him is immaterial to my point. I don't want an oft-injured, aging d-man to join this squad as some "reclamation project." We already had Lindros here.
Right, so you say "irregardless of what transpired" and I say that you cannot separate the factors. Round and round we go.

Quote:
And yes, this goes to you and all other self-proclaimed "Postive-minded TRUE FANS"- I have every to be negative about certain things the way you love being positive about the very same things. That doesn't make me a "negative nancy" or "debbie downer." Feel free to sip on Souray's Kool-aid if you so choose to.
Just as you're not a negative nancy, I'm not a self-proclaimed positive Stars fan, sitting at my master's feet knowing all is well. Please. Spare me the woe is me "I'm pissed and deserve to be", bit. I have had serious questions about this organization and in the past I have been quick to voice them. Don't paint me, or anybody else, into a corner and I'll try to do the same for you and the other debby downers.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 05:57 PM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
I bet Stevonidas wants the Stars to bring back Turco and Modano.
I know im totally in the minority but I think mo could still be productive if healthy and would like him to finish his career in a stars sweater. That's for a whole other discussion though haha ...

As for souray, I think this could be a huge steal for us.. always liked the guy

HatchtrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEstarfan View Post
I know im totally in the minority but I think mo could still be productive if healthy and would like him to finish his career in a stars sweater. That's for a whole other discussion though haha ...

As for souray, I think this could be a huge steal for us.. always liked the guy
Modano could be productive if he had the motivation to stay healthy and focus on the game... but I don't think he'll have that in Dallas... I do think we could use a new Ambassador of Fun, though.

Frozen Failure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
aisforaaron83

Quote:
I could have misinterpreted some of your posts. This stevonidas guy is just a joke. much, much worse.