HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How Much Has Mac's Price Gone Up?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2011, 06:08 PM
  #26
-DeMo-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Huntsville Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
5.4 for Kessel is a bargain though, 4.5 for Leino?
kessel cost an extra 900k for an extra 11 points not really that much of a bargain.

as for this drivin up Mac's contract well if he plans on signing a long term deal then yes it does because it takes up UFA years, but on a 1 year deal no it doesn't RFA and UFA contracts are totally different multiple teams can't bid on an RFA like UFA.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:08 PM
  #27
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,412
vCash: 500
he isn't a UFA.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:08 PM
  #28
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all
 
Squiffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahcim View Post
Nah, read up on your arbitration facts. Salaries are decided by a comparable player's contract.
Might want to read up yourself.

Article 12.9 (G)(iii)(A)
Quote:
The following categories of evidence are inadmissible and shall not be considered by the Salary Arbitrator:

(A) Any SPC the term of which began when the Player party to such SPC was not a Group 2 Player
That'd be RFA's only.

__________________
bWo: If you don't know, you should know... Buds WORLD Order Constitution
Adj: "Squiffy" - stupefied by a chemical substance (esp. alcohol)

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:11 PM
  #29
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nophun View Post
Comparable RFAs . UFA cannot be used.

Go read the CBA, bro
It has nothing to do with the CBA, bro.

Each party presents their case to a arbitrator, and he sets the contract price. Each party can use any argument they wish, and you can be sure MacArthur's camp will be using all these contracts.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:11 PM
  #30
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
kessel cost an extra 900k for an extra 11 points not really that much of a bargain.
LOL


FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:12 PM
  #31
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
kessel cost an extra 900k for an extra 11 points not really that much of a bargain.

as for this drivin up Mac's contract well if he plans on signing a long term deal then yes it does because it takes up UFA years, but on a 1 year deal no it doesn't RFA and UFA contracts are totally different multiple teams can't bid on an RFA like UFA.
Honestly are you saying you would rather have Leino at 4.5 than Kessel at 5.4?

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:12 PM
  #32
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
It has nothing to do with the CBA, bro.

Each party presents their case to a arbitrator, and he sets the contract price. Each party can use any argument they wish, and you can be sure MacArthur's camp will be using all these contracts.
The arbitrator rules are in the CBA.


Including the one that says UFA cannot be used....

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:13 PM
  #33
Vexxed14
Registered User
 
Vexxed14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Barrie, Ont
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
It has nothing to do with the CBA, bro.

Each party presents their case to a arbitrator, and he sets the contract price. Each party can use any argument they wish, and you can be sure MacArthur's camp will be using all these contracts.
The CBA means that those UFA contracts are not to be taken into account. That means if those are the core of the Macarthur contract presentation by his camp, he will be severely hamstringing himself

Vexxed14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:14 PM
  #34
Leahcim
Registered User
 
Leahcim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nophun View Post
Comparable RFAs . UFA cannot be used.

Go read the CBA, bro
nah, you're wrong. go read your CBA rules, bro.

Leahcim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:14 PM
  #35
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all
 
Squiffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
It has nothing to do with the CBA, bro.

Each party presents their case to a arbitrator, and he sets the contract price. Each party can use any argument they wish, and you can be sure MacArthur's camp will be using all these contracts.
The CBA has an extensive list of what evidence may and may not be presented for consideration. As I posted above, non-RFA signings are not permitted to be entered as a comparable to be considered for a players arbitration case.

Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:15 PM
  #36
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed14 View Post
The CBA means that those UFA contracts are not to be taken into account. That means if those are the core of the Macarthur contract presentation by his camp, he will be severely hamstringing himself
Just because the arbitrator is supposed to ignore those contracts doesn't mean he will.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:15 PM
  #37
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Honestly are you saying you would rather have Leino at 4.5 than Kessel at 5.4?
I think he forgot Leino played with Briere and Hartnell whereas Kessel is like 5 years younger and played with Bozak/Crabb for the majority.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:17 PM
  #38
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahcim View Post
nah, you're wrong. go read your CBA rules, bro.
Ya .. I am not going to go find it for you.

You're wrong. Say your sorry and we will move on.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:17 PM
  #39
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all
 
Squiffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Just because the arbitrator is supposed to ignore those contracts doesn't mean he will.
Yes he will, he's bound by duty too, and both parties are present for the arbitration. Don't be silly.

Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:17 PM
  #40
deadp0ol
Registered User
 
deadp0ol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
kessel cost an extra 900k for an extra 11 points not really that much of a bargain.

as for this drivin up Mac's contract well if he plans on signing a long term deal then yes it does because it takes up UFA years, but on a 1 year deal no it doesn't RFA and UFA contracts are totally different multiple teams can't bid on an RFA like UFA.
Ur missing the point that kessel is 4 years younger than leino and has scored more goals last season than leino did in his whole career and matched it two seasons prior.

I forgot kessel almost has double the amount of goals in his career than leino has points in his.

deadp0ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:18 PM
  #41
LordRamsay
Come out and flay
 
LordRamsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 905
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Just because the arbitrator is supposed to ignore those contracts doesn't mean he will.
lol nice backpedal.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:18 PM
  #42
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all
 
Squiffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nophun View Post
Ya .. I am not going to go find it for you.

You're wrong. Say your sorry and we will move on.
Article 12.9 (G)(iii)(A).

Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:18 PM
  #43
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahcim View Post
nah, you're wrong. go read your CBA rules, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Might want to read up yourself.

Article 12.9 (G)(iii)(A)

The following categories of evidence are inadmissible and shall not be considered by the Salary Arbitrator:

(A) Any SPC the term of which began when the Player party to such SPC was not a Group 2 Player


That'd be RFA's only.
Now show your proof Leahcim.

Sonny21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:18 PM
  #44
Kurtz
Registered User
 
Kurtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 500
The only thing this means is that whatever the arbitrator awards Mcarthur will be a bargain, relatively speaking, and he's almost a lock to be brought back.

Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:19 PM
  #45
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Just because the arbitrator is supposed to ignore those contracts doesn't mean he will.
If he gets UFA money from an arbitrator we will know and MLSE would go ape.


Only an idiot would not be able to tell.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:20 PM
  #46
LordRamsay
Come out and flay
 
LordRamsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 905
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
2 years, $7 million. Book it.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:21 PM
  #47
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I think he forgot Leino played with Briere and Hartnell whereas Kessel is like 5 years younger and played with Bozak/Crabb for the majority.
Or comparing a 3 time consecutive 30+ goal guy that is 23 to a guy that scored 19 goals last year. Thanks I thought it was me for a sec.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:23 PM
  #48
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
3M for Joel Ward? Mac won't take less than 4.5 especially with Leino getting that kind of money too.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:24 PM
  #49
dubey
Cookie Powered
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hackey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Might want to read up yourself.

Article 12.9 (G)(iii)(A)


That'd be RFA's only.
Well you just made quite a few people look silly.

Some of the stuff that has been posted today has been absolutely hilarious. They're making the Maple Leafs official messageboard look good.

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:25 PM
  #50
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Yes he will, he's bound by duty too, and both parties are present for the arbitration. Don't be silly.
Nobody would know the difference anyway. There are enough non-UFA comparables to MacArthur who are making between 4 and 6 million bucks.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.