Old
07-01-2011, 11:23 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
I do.

Yandle doesn't want to be tied down to the Coyotes, but he also wants his due money. He is not going to sign for 10 years, 40 million. That's an insult for a player who was in Norris contention for most of the year. He also doesn't want to sign a sheet because Phoenix would just match it. Keith Yandle is worth more than 4 late 1st rounders, guys. That's an easy one.

I feel a trade coming. And if it ends up with you guys coughing up a lot for Yandle I don't think you'll mind after you see him play, hear that accent and realize you just scored a franchise D-man for a bunch of unproven guys.
call up pc, you're a good negotiator

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Holy crap, guys.

No thanks. Yandle is cool and all. But this is absolutely INSANE.

Sweet crap.

The Coyotes by no means should let him go. And the Bruins by no means should be thinking of breaking the bank for this guy. Ludicrous.

Bill says that he'd rather Ehrhoff's deal? Eight days a week, man. This is a pipe dream...

How Seguin for Yandle? Whaddya yall think? Ah-hyuck!

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:26 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Listen XX, man, I get what you're saying and agree with much of it but one point you keep making that's actually kind of moot is the fact that he's a Boston kid. Historically this franchise has actually had pretty bad luck with players coming out of its own back yard. Incidentally many of the legendary Bruin players have been Canadian so don't expect the Bruins to pay any kind of premium to get a player with Boston roots. That was the previous regime's M.O. and it didn't work.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:27 PM
RunFromTheBear

Originally Posted by XX
10 years 40 million? Phoenix matches in a heartbeat. Good luck getting him to agree to that contract though.
Ehrhoff has 136 points and is a +43 over the past three years.

Yandle has 140 points and is a +24 over the past three years.

I think Yandle would take the identical deal from his home team.

Phoenix very well could match, there have just been rumors of financial problems so it may not be possible if the deal is heavily front loaded.

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Neely08

Quote:
If Yandle goes to Boston, any 2 or 3 of Rask, Seguin, Lucic, Hamilton, Marchand, 1st rounders, other picks are coming back.

Yandle scored 59 pts on D, is 24, and has all the intangibles Boston could ever hope for in a player, including the fact he is from Boston. He is captain material and hasn't even reached his ceiling. If Boston is interested in repeating as well as building for the long term, Yandle makes sense.

Hamilton will be better than Yandle? Says who? Pretty sure he hasn't played a single game in the NHL. Only on HF is he as valued. You have to give to get. Coughing up some bluechip crap like Hamilton, 1st round picks or whatever and landing Yandle, one of the best young D in the game, is a huge steal.

Lets say Rask, Hamilton and the 2012 1st. Who doesn't do that deal? You can go out and sign a goalie easier than developing one. Hamilton hasn't done anything in the NHL and the 2012 1st will be a late one at that. That would be robbery.
If you received Hamilton and two 1st's, you're already guaranteed more than we were at the time we dealt Kessel. Kessel wasn't exactly chopped liver either.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:31 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
Ehrhoff has 136 points and is a +43 over the past three years.

Yandle has 140 points and is a +24 over the past three years.
Ehrhoff wasn't giving up any UFA years (He's 4 years older than Yandle) and has arguably reached his ceiling. Yandle put up those numbers on one of the most impotent teams in the league, offensively and PP wise. Ehrhoff did it with the Canucks and Sharks.

Yandle is worth a lot more than what Ehrhoff got. In 10 years he'd still be only 34, Ehrhoff would be 38. It's also a little silly to compare 3 years, as Yandle has only had a major role in Phoenix for 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
Phoenix very well could match, there have just been rumors of financial problems so it may not be possible if the deal is heavily front loaded.
NHL won't sit around and let the franchise be devalued by letting players slip away. Bryz was bad enough but that had more to do with a locker room problem and chronic choker wanting 50 million.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:34 PM
bleedsblackandgold47
Gotta big dome, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

How Seguin for Yandle? Whaddya yall think? Ah-hyuck!
Yeah, this. The Bruin's are in such a good position right now when you think about their recent success compared to their age, there's no reason to break the bank for any one player.

Give them Hamilton, who MIGHT be a future Yandle, a first round pick and one of the AHL prospects. To consider trading Rask or Seguin is just ridiculous.

And if they say no, then walk away. Seriously, if Seguin's name is even mentioned I hang up the phone. He, Bergeron and Rask are way too important to the preset and future of the team.

bleedsblackandgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:35 PM
corpfan1

I would think Kampfer would have to go back the other way to replace the puck-moving d-man they lose.

I also think they would demand a 1st rounder.

Also a prospect...

And finally someone like Rask.

So, is it at all worth it???

Rask
1st Rounder 2012
Kampfer
One of Sauve, Caron, Hamill

FOR

Yandle

I also think they could use Peverley.

corpfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:36 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Ehrhoff wasn't giving up any UFA years (He's 4 years older than Yandle) and has arguably reached his ceiling. Yandle put up those numbers on one of the most impotent teams in the league, offensively and PP wise. Ehrhoff did it with the Canucks and Sharks.

Yandle is worth a lot more than what Ehrhoff got. In 10 years he'd still be only 34, Ehrhoff would be 38. It's also a little silly to compare 3 years, as Yandle has only had a major role in Phoenix for 2.

NHL won't sit around and let the franchise be devalued by letting players slip away. Bryz was bad enough but that had more to do with a locker room problem and chronic choker wanting 50 million.
Bryz is a choker? Or pheonix's D isn't very good? That's debatable, Id say both.

I watched the whole detroit - phoenix series, and yandle didn't look good. Certainly not enough for the assets people in here are proposing

Old
07-01-2011, 11:39 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
I would think Kampfer would have to go back the other way to replace the puck-moving d-man they lose.

I also think they would demand a 1st rounder.

Also a prospect...

And finally someone like Rask.

So, is it at all worth it???

Rask
1st Rounder 2012
Kampfer
One of Sauve, Caron, Hamill

FOR

Yandle

I also think they could use Peverley.
I rather give up 4 firsts. No heir to Rask. Hamilton could end up being Yandle.

Old
07-01-2011, 11:39 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Bryz is a choker? Or pheonix's D isn't very good? That's debatable, Id say both.
4th best 5 on 5 this year. 5th best last year. So no, it's not really debatable.

Old
07-01-2011, 11:40 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
4th best 5 on 5 this year. 5th best last year. So no, it's not really debatable.
BUT, did they step up when they needed to? Not from where I was. Getting swept is brutal man

Old
07-01-2011, 11:43 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
BUT, did they step up when they needed to? Not from where I was. Getting swept is brutal man
Yes, they got *****. The only 2 players who showed up to that series were Doan and Turris. News came out about Winnipeg right before game 1 and it was on purpose. The fact the Coyotes made the playoffs out of the Pacific with a ramshackle roster, no owner and literally 20 goals from their top scorer says all you need to know about the team.

Bryz kept letting in softies and wasn't interested in competing. I'm glad he's gone.

Old
07-01-2011, 11:43 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:

I watched the whole detroit - phoenix series, and yandle didn't look good. Certainly not enough for the assets people in here are proposing
I agree he didnt look good but that is part of the reason Phoenix is even considering moving him.

Detroit made the BruIns look awful and we seemed to get over it.

I still think he is worth more than Ehrhoff. I think Ehrhoff got too many years but would be ok with the same deal going to Yandle, he is younger and has a higher upside. We'd also of course would have to give up tge four firsts which would hurt but worth it if it helps is get to another cup.

Old
07-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

vCash: 4114
Rask and hamilton and a 1st + for yandle

What the hell are you guys thinking?

Hamilton alone might be better than yandle, rask is our future and will be a top 5 goalie NO DOUBT.

Zdeno33Lucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Hamilton, Kampher, Knight/Spooner, 1st

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Yandle is great, but his compete level ie that series, his grossly low blocked shots and hits total concerns me

he is in no way worth giving up any one of hamilton, rask, seguin, knight, spooner, or kohko for.

The Bruins are all set

Old
07-01-2011, 11:52 PM
playthetrap*

I'm hoping most of what I've read is fantasy land in some of your minds. My God. Even if the Bruins were still trying to push themselves over the top for a Cup, none of this would make any sense. And none of it makes sense after they won. The Bruins have a decent prospect pool that could set themselves up for multiple runs at cups, on top of a good team already. They don't need to be like Paul Holmgren in a desperate attempt to fix his team.

playthetrap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:53 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Man for man Detroit was way more talented. We didn't belong in the series. A bunch of mediocre vets giving consistent, disciplined effort in a good system can win during the regular season. In the playoffs, our lack of talent showed big time. Our D is good but our puck possesion is so bad we play the whole game in our own zone. Bryz regularly got peppered. I still have nightmares about Datsyuk. I started drinking early in that last game here and don't remember the 2nd or 3rd period thank God.

That being said, Yandle is 24 and one of the top American dmen. He's our best player and probably future captain. Watch some film on him to see how good he is. If we trade him, it would have to be an amazing deal. If you say Seguin and Rask would be untouchable, I don't see how there's even a conversation.

I would imagine Bettman would discourage a super front-loaded deal that handcuffed us considering all he's done to help us stay in AZ. At least I hope he would. NHL owns the team after all.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
So people are against trading a might be stud dman... for an already stud dman?

I wouldnt trade any of the roster core.. but everyone else into organization would be in play.

It would be a win now and later type deal.

You have your offensive bridge with Seguin

Goaltending you have Rask

and defense you now would have Yandle.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:58 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Yandle is great, but his compete level ie that series, his grossly low blocked shots and hits total concerns me
I already explained the Detroit series. We were completely out-classed. Yandle isn't a shot blocker and doesn't hit anybody. He goes after the puck as agressive as anyone and either fires out a breakaway pass or takes off out of the zone. He can carry the puck end to end through traffic pretty easily. He also enters the zone better than anyone on our team. Of course we're woefully weak at center but that's another story.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 12:01 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
So people are against trading a might be stud dman... for an already stud dman?
Were not talking about Hamilton for yandle, people are talking about rask...Hamilton...seguin. Lot of marbles rolling around on the floor of this thread.

Also I am of the opinion that Hamilton will be a much better dman than yandle, bigger, tougher, meaner, a better skater with more offensive upside. And it will be a long time before he costs 6 million.

Old
07-02-2011, 12:04 AM
AZcoyotes33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Rask and hamilton and a 1st + for yandle

What the hell are you guys thinking?

Hamilton alone might be better than yandle, rask is our future and will be a top 5 goalie NO DOUBT.
HAHAHAHAHA you cant be serious. Hamilton alone better than a 24 year old that was considered for the Norris for most of the season? Yikes. If a trade does happen (which i doubt) you might be very disappointed in the return the Yotes get if thats what you think.

Saying there is a trade: The Yotes will only move him if they get a "jaw-dropping" deal. And i would imagine there would have to be a high priced NHL ready player coming back in return because we need to get to the cap floor and Yandle was a player that would of pushed us towards that.

When its all said and done i think the Yotes value him more than the Bruins and a deal wont be done. You guys would have to give up too much IMO.

Most people on the Yotes board are talking seguin AND rask which i dont think is right, but that just shows how important of a player Yandle is to the Yotes. I even think once Doan retires, Yands will be the next Yotes captain.

Not to mention i dont want to have to get another Yotes sweater....

AZcoyotes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Caron, Spooner and a first for Yandle?

It would pain me never having to hear Jack yell Spoooooner.
im never giving up spooner or knight for yandle.maybe a caron and a 2 first yes.it looks likes people on here love defenseman a little bit to much.where is the love for fowards.spooner would light it up as a bruin.so will knight im never giving those two up except for steven stamkos.

Afam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Why would Phoenix trade Yandle. They are about 9 million short of the cap floor and don't exactly have an allstar team to resign.

As for acquiring him, I can't see it happening, though he would be a great addition but wouldn't come cheap that's for sure.

Just to play along, and this would leave us thin at center but how about Krejci for Yandle? Realistically the Bruins would probably have to add a prospect like a Sauve to get it done.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote