HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Where will Eric Lindros go?

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Randall Graves*

vCash: 500
Where will Eric Lindros go?

So where will he end up?We haven't really heard anything about him and i'm curious because last season he really impressed me before he got hurt. He was much improved defensively and was as physical as I've seen him since the Stevens incident. He was really good at going to the net and I still think he's got a load of potential if he keeps playing like that.

So any news on this?

Old
07-21-2004, 12:33 AM
Tap on the Ankle
Nobody remembers No2

He's been heavily speculated to end up in Toronto, but afaik, there is nothing known about him at this point.

Old
07-21-2004, 12:34 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Atlanta

07-21-2004, 12:35 AM
fullclip
Prepare to die

I got a feeling it will be Florida..

Old
07-21-2004, 12:36 AM
OlliMackBjugStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
So where will he end up?We haven't really heard anything about him and i'm curious because last season he really impressed me before he got hurt. He was much improved defensively and was as physical as I've seen him since the Stevens incident. He was really good at going to the net and I still think he's got a load of potential if he keeps playing like that.

So any news on this?
i say LA KINGS

DR

Old
07-21-2004, 12:53 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Atlanta
That'd be very interesting indeed and I'd like to see it. Maybe he can become a real leader on a team like that.

All I know is that Lindros is not done. Whether or not he plays great where he ends up is a matter left to the future, but I'm sure he'll be somewhere.

Old
07-21-2004, 12:55 AM
Zetterberg4Captain*

The leafs

Old
07-21-2004, 01:06 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_paxon
That'd be very interesting indeed and I'd like to see it. Maybe he can become a real leader on a team like that.

All I know is that Lindros is not done. Whether or not he plays great where he ends up is a matter left to the future, but I'm sure he'll be somewhere.
True, true. I think that going to Atlanta would take a lot of pressure off of him. He could play more of a leadership role, and not be expected to carry the team the was he was in New York, and would be in Toronto.

Old
07-21-2004, 01:08 AM
infinitesadd

I agree. I think he really is still a point a game player.

Old
07-21-2004, 01:14 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
True, true. I think that going to Atlanta would take a lot of pressure off of him. He could play more of a leadership role, and not be expected to carry the team the was he was in New York, and would be in Toronto.
Yep, I think given the saga of his career, a team like Atlanta is perfect for him. No more hype, no big city pressure, no one sitting on his shoulders waiting for him to carry them to a cup. He can quietly get his game back on track, which he actually was doing just before his last injury, and do it with some of the best young forwards in the game.

Old
07-21-2004, 01:23 AM
Russian_fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller

So any news on this?
I'm very sad to say where he will go...One of my all time favourite players, but he will end up in the hospital, wondering what happened to him.

Old
07-21-2004, 02:56 AM
we will thrash you

Quote:
Atlanta
I'm still trying to decide whether this would be a good or bad thing...

Old
07-21-2004, 03:01 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by we will thrash you
I'm still trying to decide whether this would be a good or bad thing...
It would be good. His market value is at an all-time low, so for the price that you could more than likely get him for, he would definitely be a major asset.

Old
07-21-2004, 03:04 AM
Rand

Quote:
I don't think Lindros would be expected to carry the team in Toronto, he certainly wouldn't need to take on any sort of a leadership role.
We have a definite #1 Center that isn't injury prone so it's unlikely Lindros would ever need to step in there, Nieuwendyk for reasons of chemistry with Antropov/Ponikarovsky, the natural desire to get him on ass many faceoffs as possible and Quinn's tendency to roll his lines would solidify him as our #2 Center.
Which would leave Lindros in the role of our 3rd line Center... he would get decent ice-time, but he'd be no more expected to carry the team then would be his likely winger on the 3rd line Owen Nolan.

Old
07-21-2004, 03:20 AM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
I don't think Lindros would be expected to carry the team in Toronto, he certainly wouldn't need to take on any sort of a leadership role.
We have a definite #1 Center that isn't injury prone so it's unlikely Lindros would ever need to step in there, Nieuwendyk for reasons of chemistry with Antropov/Ponikarovsky, the natural desire to get him on ass many faceoffs as possible and Quinn's tendency to roll his lines would solidify him as our #2 Center.
Which would leave Lindros in the role of our 3rd line Center... he would get decent ice-time, but he'd be no more expected to carry the team then would be his likely winger on the 3rd line Owen Nolan.
Logic will never kill this story.

Old
07-21-2004, 04:42 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
Logic will never kill this story.
Agree. Toronto fans don't ever expect anything from their players. Do they Rand?

Old
07-21-2004, 06:57 AM
Safir*

Quote:
It would be good. His market value is at an all-time low, so for the price that you could more than likely get him for, he would definitely be a major asset.
Take away all or at least 7 concussions in Lindros' life and I'll be glad to welcome him to Atlanta.

What would scare me to death is the fact that Savard (and if signed) Lindros are very injury-prone and that the Thrashers could be left with Stefan, Santala and Slater as there centers.

Now Legionnaire, please explain to me, why you are so sure that the Big E lands in the ATL!

Old
07-21-2004, 10:30 PM
desperateblue

Where ever he winds up it will be at an all time low bargain basement contract full of incentives. Id give him a 2 mil contract with incentives but not much more.
It surprises me that when a player comes out and says I want to play "there" the management of "there" doesnt try to snap him up.Isnt a happy bee a hard working bee. What eric needs is to learn to stick handle wit his head up. I hope he winds up in toronto Id put him with nolan and stajan nice second line.

Old
07-21-2004, 10:36 PM
detredWINgs

Lindros either goes to Toronto or Florida....I could really see Florida.

Old
07-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Bruwinz37

Dont count the Bruins out of this. The Bruins (Sinden at least) has always had a great affinity towards Lindros.

If Joe ever got dealt for the rumored Florida deal I would expect the B's to bring in Lindros if for nothing more than PR control.

Old
07-21-2004, 10:46 PM
TheZodiac

Eric always wanted to be a Leaf, his Daddy(also his Agent) will try to make it happen

Old
07-22-2004, 12:31 AM
Randall Graves*

I think he will end up somewhere nobody expects, I if he goes where I think he will many people will be saying "what?"

Old
07-22-2004, 12:43 AM
RomanOksiuta

Send a message via AIM to RomanOksiuta
I'd have to say the WHA. Maybe i am biased because I am a fan of it, but i think if he can get the franchise player exemption in either Dallas or Toronto, Lindros may decide to play there. Plus, the WHA is expected to be more of a speed and skill type of leauge which could help Lindros to avoid concussions .

Old
07-22-2004, 01:08 AM
Rand

Quote:
Agree. Toronto fans don't ever expect anything from their players. Do they Rand?
Of course we do, and Lindros would be under a lot of pressure certainly... but it's not like he's unfailiar with pressure, and I'm of the opinion there are at least 6 players that will recieve much more attention the Lindros.

Being under pressure and high expectation doesn't equate to having to carry the team however.

Last edited by Rand: 07-22-2004 at 01:12 AM.
Old
07-22-2004, 01:17 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Wouldnt mind him in detroit as long as his contract is lower then shanahan's recent 4 mill a year contract. Im sure yzerman is making a case for him to come to detroit

Closed Thread