Trade Hurme or Nurminen?

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2004, 09:52 PM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

vCash: 500
Trade Hurme or Nurminen?

With Lehtonen looking like he'll get at least half the starts next year it would only make sense to unload Hurme or Nurminen. I'd rather keep Nurminen, but his trade value might be at its peak right now.

So who might be interested in these guys? Off the top of my head...maybe Colorado, Toronto, NYI?

And what does Atlanta need in return? Big center? More Draft picks? Another gigantic d-man?

Thoughts?

Old
07-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

I don't think anybody would be interested in Hurme, a) because of his injury worries and b) theres easily acquirable better goalie talent out there. Even if he comes back healthy, I think most teams might want to take a look at him (see him play a few games) before offering anything of worth..

And I don't want us to deal Nurminen at all, end of story.

Old
07-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

One of them WILL be traded/gone from the team but I don't see that happening until at least halfway through the season, probably more likely at the end of the season. Lehtonen has prove in the NHL that he can be a consistant performer and Hurme has to prove that he is fully receovered from his injuries and can hit top form again. Once those things happen, DW will look to deal Nurminen or Hurme.

Old
07-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Jack Canuck

What is Hurme's status now anyway? Is he expected to be fit enough to play next season?

Old
07-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Canuck
What is Hurme's status now anyway? Is he expected to be fit enough to play next season?
Yes, he's expected back. It remains to be seen how well he'll do with basically a year off though. No one knows, not even him I'm sure.

Old
07-28-2004, 10:44 AM
dunwoody_joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickFlick
who's better and more easy to aquire than a healthy former olympic goalie Jani Hurme? I am swedis and am not too fond of finnish player s to put it mildly... but Hurme is pretty damn good and underrated
Who in their right mind would trade for Hurme today? Even if, what could we possibly get back for him--certainly not the 4th rounder DW gave up?

If Hurme comes back and is in form by Christmas (a huge if), then I think he becomes trade bait as someone's backup. Maybe DW gets a draft choice or a prospect. Not much else since goalies are flooding the market.

I do not see Pasi going anywhere--not now and not for some time. Unless someone over-offers in a trade and Herme is fit and sound with 40 games under his belt.
I don't see either happening.

Old
07-30-2004, 11:08 AM
puckstopper101

Send a message via AIM to puckstopper101
Hurme, he is injured too easily.

Old
07-31-2004, 03:45 PM
Section119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
Lehtonen has prove in the NHL that he can be a consistant performer .....
For four games he did, let's see what level of performance the next season he plays brings before we start declaring KL the real deal.

Old
07-31-2004, 06:47 PM
Zoo

Maybe you guys could move Hurme back to the Panthers. They don't have a good backup and Martin his the new coach there, he always liked Hurme.

Old
08-02-2004, 06:42 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo
Maybe you guys could move Hurme back to the Panthers. They don't have a good backup and Martin his the new coach there, he always liked Hurme.
Don't you guys got Jamie Mcleanan??

Old
08-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
FL signed McLennan as the backup goaltender. They wouldn't be interested in re-aquiring Hurme. I would say that Hurme will be another Trevor Kidd. Looked pretty good before the injury but will never be the same after the injury. You'll be lucky to get even a late round draft pick for him. Nurminen would at least get you something worthwhile. But like everyone has said, you'd have to wait to make sure Lehtonen can handle full-time duties for a majority of the time. Though I have to say I was at his NHL debut and he was the best goaltender on the ice that nite (and Luongo was at the other end of it so that's saying something).

Old
08-02-2004, 09:54 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo
If Keenan paid attention when he was coach, he would know not to go out and get Hurme. Luongo had stated that when Hurme was around, it put too much pressure on him to be better then Jani. You could tell by the year he had 2 seasons ago. A Luongo/Hurme pairing is not a road I would like to see the Panthers travel down again.

Plus, as Rich stated, we already signed McLennan for our back-up.

Old
08-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR
If Keenan paid attention when he was coach, he would know not to go out and get Hurme. Luongo had stated that when Hurme was around, it put too much pressure on him to be better then Jani. You could tell by the year he had 2 seasons ago. A Luongo/Hurme pairing is not a road I would like to see the Panthers travel down again.

Plus, as Rich stated, we already signed McLennan for our back-up.
Too much pressure? Poor little Roberto doesn't like a little competition eh?

Closed Thread